PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving recipes

guineapiglover4life
11-18-2004, 06:20 PM
I thought it would be a cool idea if we started a thread for our Thanksgiving recipes. My father loves to cook and I bet alot of you guys do too! I don't have any recipes to give though, my dad keeps them all secret. :rolleyes: Anyways, post the yummy traditions away! :D

Jods
11-18-2004, 06:25 PM
If anyone has a really good no bake recipe for cheesecake PLEASE POST hehehehehe YUMM:p

guineapiglover4life
11-18-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Jods
If anyone has a really good no bake recipe for cheesecake PLEASE POST hehehehehe YUMM:p
*drools at the thought of this* Cheese cake party! :D http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/party/party-smiley-020.gif

Kfamr
11-18-2004, 06:56 PM
I have three different Cheese Cake recipes that I will be bringing with me to Utah for Amy and I.

The 1st two require an alrady-made Graham Cracker crust, which you can buy at the store or buy graham cracker crumbs, which the recipe for the crust will be on the box.

"Normal" Cheese Cake:

1 - 8 oz cream cheese

1 - condensed milk

Beat until creamy and no lumps
Add 1/3 cup of Lemon Juice
Mix in and pour into crust

Chill until it sets.

------------------

Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
TO DIE FOR!!!
2 - 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
20 caramels
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz. or 9 in.)

MIX Cream Cheese, sugar, and vanilla with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs; mix until blended. Melt caramels with milk on low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Stir in pecans.

POUR Caramel mixture into crust. Top with cream cheese batter.

BAKE at 350*F for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours overnight. Makes 8 servings.

------------------

White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake

2 pkg 8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3 squares White Baking Chocolate, melted
1 ready-to-use chocolate favor crumb crust
3 Tbsp. red rasberry preserves

MIX cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix until blended. Stir in (melted) white chocolate.

POUR into crust. Microwave preserves in small bowl on HIGH 15 seconds or until melted. Dot top of cheesecake with small spoonfuls of preserves. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.

BAKE at 350*F for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Makes 8 servings.

carole
11-18-2004, 06:56 PM
Can I have an invite please, I am a great cheesecake fan, I like the baked ones better, but alas I have never made one, I did search for the maltesers cheesecake recipe, but I could not find it. sorry. Kay your recipes sound delicious.:)

guineapiglover4life
11-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Great cheesecake recipes Kfamr! I'm definitly going to bake some cheesecake soon!

guineapiglover4life
11-18-2004, 08:34 PM
*bump*

Jadapit
11-18-2004, 08:46 PM
I have a peant butter pie recipe that is to die for! It's really, really easy to make also. Let me know if any of you are interested in the recipe and I will post it.:)

guineapiglover4life
11-18-2004, 08:50 PM
That sounds really good!

sammy101
11-18-2004, 08:57 PM
we always make Pumpkin pie w/ Whip cream....*mmmmm!!*:D

Jadapit
11-18-2004, 09:08 PM
Heres the peanut butter pie recipe;)

9 Inch chocolate crust

Filling:
1 8 oz cream cheese softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 TBS butter softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup whipping cream whipped ( I use dream whip)

In bowl beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into crust.
Garnish with cookie crumbs if desired.
Refrigerate.

Cookiebaker
11-18-2004, 09:09 PM
mmmm! Those cheesecakes sounds delightful!!

We are having Thanksgiving at our house this year, and starting Saturday afternoon, I MUST sit down and figure out all the dishes I am going to make and get started on them. I always make: fresh rolls; 2-3 kinds of quick breads; squash casserole; turkey; and a couple of veggies. Also, fruit and veggie platters etc. etc etc. I looove hosting Thanksgiving!!! :)

guineapiglover4life
11-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Those are great!

Jods
11-18-2004, 09:32 PM
mmm I'm gonna try that caramel peacan recipie YUM! I think I'll try the peanutbutter one as well I'm saving all these recipies!!

Kfamr
11-18-2004, 10:17 PM
I really do recommend the Caramel Pecan Cheesecake.
I'm really not one for cheesecake but I absolutely love the caramel pecan one.

micki76
11-18-2004, 10:54 PM
For anyone leary of making a turkey, this is the easiest and yummiest way to prepare one

Turkey
Brown grocery bag (yes, I'm serious)
Olive oil
Salt

Clean turkey, pat dry. Rub with olive oil and salt. Place in grocery bag breast side up and fold bag two or three times. Staple bag shut and sprinkle it lightly with water. Place in oven with folds up, seam up, on a large cookie sheet to catch the drippings.

Cook @ 325 degrees, 20 minutes per pound.

That's IT. No basting, no nothing. You only sprinkle the bag once. This turkey will not be pretty, so no big carvign ceremonies, but it FALLS OFF the bones. It's SSSSOOOO good. :D

guineapiglover4life
11-22-2004, 07:28 PM
I thought I'd bump this up since Thanksgiving getting closer. :)

smokey the elder
11-23-2004, 03:13 PM
That's a lot like the last step of an oven ribs prep. It sounds really good!

RICHARD
11-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Does anyone have an Oyster Dressing recipe???