PDA

View Full Version : Help with dressing up a relish tray

Palomino21
11-18-2004, 06:16 PM
This year for Thanksgiving, I wanted to contribute to my dad's side of the family Thanksgiving cooking and food preparation. I have been handed the boring old relish tray duty. Though I feel ready for bigger and more fun tasks, I've decided to do the best I can with the relish tray. Does any one have any cute ideas, suggestions or even recipes to dress this all up.

Thanks for all the help.

Annie

Jods
11-18-2004, 06:26 PM
hmmm, never heard of a relish tray before... Do you mean the condiment relish??? sorry I couldn't help... But am looking forward to reading the replies on what it is :)

guineapiglover4life
11-18-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Jods
hmmm, never heard of a relish tray before... Do you mean the condiment relish??? sorry I couldn't help... But am looking forward to reading the replies on what it is :)
Exactly what I'm thinking...

wolflady
11-18-2004, 07:01 PM
Hi Annie. For me, relish trays are very basic, but I thought I would post what we usually have on our relish trays...

I like to have fun with our relish trays by using a variety of color, and variation of selection.
1. Baby carrots, broccoli and cauliflower florets, and purple cabbage cut in lacy slices.
2. Raw sweet potato slices, celery sticks, sliced fresh mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes.
(Tomatoes are technically a fruit, but lend themselves to a vegetable platter.)
3. Sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, sliced purple cabbage, and cauliflower chunks.
4. Sliced sweet red and yellow peppers, sliced zucchini, and carrot sticks.
5. Jicama slices, green pepper slices, cherry tomatoes, and sliced sweet potatoes.
6. Snow pea pods, baby corn cobs, cherry tomatoes, and baby carrots.

Hopefully this will give you some ideas! :D Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Palomino21
11-18-2004, 09:10 PM
Thank you for your replies. I guess they didn't really want me helping with main stuff. Well that's my dad's side of the family for ya. Anyways, I am going to see what I can do.

Annie