PDA

View Full Version : Picture taking help please!!!

luckies4me
11-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone. I was wondering if some of you photo people can help me out. I guess this is more directed towards Kay but anyone can chime in!

I am trying to take photos of Freckles so that her eyes do not light up. Can anyone explain to me how you all do this? If I use the non flash the photos come out blurry, but when the flash is on (even with the red eye flash) her eyes come out lit up. PLEASE HELP! :D

Kfamr
11-18-2004, 04:38 PM
Take pictures in direct sunlight or with a lot of lights on.

Does your camera have an action setting? If so, use that when taking a picture with no flash.
Also, try to brace yourself in some way so you don't shake around, or even use a tri-pod.

slleipnir
11-18-2004, 04:52 PM
Yeah, the best place to take pictures is with natural light where you don't need a flash. Red eye reduction might help if you cam has it...seems to help on mine anyway

luckies4me
11-18-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Take pictures in direct sunlight or with a lot of lights on.

Does your camera have an action setting? If so, use that when taking a picture with no flash.
Also, try to brace yourself in some way so you don't shake around, or even use a tri-pod.

Hrmm honestly I don't know if my camera has an action setting on it or not. :rolleyes: :p heh, you would think I would know. I have a Canon Powershot A300. I don't know where my book is either. Do you think I could find information about it online?

So should I just stay clear of the flash? I don't have a tri-pod. Do you know how much they cost roughly?

luckies4me
11-18-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Yeah, the best place to take pictures is with natural light where you don't need a flash. Red eye reduction might help if you cam has it...seems to help on mine anyway

I do have red eye reduction but it doesn't seem to help any. Is there any way I can edit the pictures to make them look better?

Freckles
11-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Tutorial (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55919&highlight=tutorial) on Ghost eyes!

Paul
11-18-2004, 05:46 PM
   You can download a copy of your manual from the Canon website at
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=221&modelid=8775

It is in the Acrobat format. If you don't have Acrobat you can download that for free too.

Paul