PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Bonnie

ChrisH
11-18-2004, 04:30 PM
I miss you, miss naggy knickers, even after two years. See you at the Bridge someday.

slick
11-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Chris, what bootiful birdie Bonnie is/was. I'm sure she is flying high and free at the RB awaiting your arrival someday.

Tell me more. How did Bonnie fly into your life? How old was she when she passed? Personality?

ChrisH
11-20-2004, 10:02 AM
slick, thanks for asking about my little girl. :)

Okay, let’s see, what can I tell you about Bonnie... Around twelve years ago …
I became aware that the people next door had a bird, a very noisy bird! Screeches and human shouts were heard through the wall on a regular basis for around two weeks. One morning in May as I went to call Penny in (my dog at that time, a GSD) Vilma, my neighbour, called me over to the fence - a five-foot fence. She was standing on something and was holding a birdcage, she asked if I wanted the bird because it was driving them mad and Jack, her partner said he was going to let it out, or strangle it! So, standing there, still not dressed I became the third owner of a cockatiel who was, eventually, to be named Bonnie.
I bought a new spacious cage and called her Bono – I obviously didn’t know she was a girl at that point. Only discovered that when she began laying eggs, same thing with the companion I bought for her, named him The Edge and found out ‘he’ was a she the same way! :) Bonnie wasn’t really friendly with Edge so wasn’t duly upset when poor Edge died (found her, Edge, one morning on the bottom of the cage, never did figure out what happened).

Bonnie never would come out of her cage, nor would she climb on a finger or anything similar, I think that may have been because of her previous experiences, I know Jack next door used to throw things at the cage when she was noisy. Anyway, we got along pretty well, Bonnie and I, sometimes she would shout at me and bite my finger –hence naggy knickers – but she came around a lot, she liked scritches and would take food off fingers or palms … as I wrote, I do miss my little naggy knickers.

There are some more pictures of her here, in my 'Memories' album. (her pictures begin with number 13, and a not very good one of her and Edge at 8)
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291500451

Chris

popcornbird
11-23-2004, 01:44 AM
Oh wow. :( I can't believe its already been 2 years. I remember Bonnie so well. What a sweetie.

RIP sweet Bonnie. You were loved tremendously here on earth, and are missed by all of us.

ChrisH
11-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Thanks Pcb. I am very grateful to you and the other PetTalkers who helped me so much during those sad days two years ago.
{{hugs}}
Chris

hamsterman
11-27-2004, 10:24 AM
im so sorry:( :( :(