PDA

View Full Version : Falsies for Fido....

carole
11-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Falsies for Fido are now available on the market for your dog, for owners who fear their dogs may have lost some of their male mojo since being neutered.

Solid Silicone Neuticles come in a variety of sizes and are designed to reduce pet and owner trauma, and with canine testicular implants your dogs will look and feel exactly the same after being neutered according to the manufacturers.

99 per cent of NZ vets would not perform procedures considered purely cosmetic and would need a medical reason before performing any type of surgery on an animal.

As one vet commented " the moment a dog can come up, knock on my door and say 'Chris I would like you to put false testicles in please, and then only after he signed a consent form would I agree to do the operation".

As one psychologist put it" Dogs don't sit there and contemplate the absence of their testicles, its not a dog issue, its a person problem and one they need to get over"

Neuticles are also available for Cats, horses and bulls.

What do you think about these, personally I think its ridiculous, and feel sorry for any animal who's owner would consider such surgery, what next?

Your opinions please.

Scooby4
11-18-2004, 04:33 PM
I have 3 nuetered male dogs. I've heard of these new "Nueticles". However, the only real benefit I forsee with these implants is the ability for them to lick themselves better!!!
I believe it is a "Male Ego" thing. I've seen men apologize profusely for putting their dog/cat through the nuetering process! Like it is THEIR parts getting cut off!!!
These nueticals could be used for deceptive purposes as well. What if a breeder was using this dog to come over to breed with your female? They get paid for sperm. They aren't responsible if your dog gets pregnant or not. You couldn't tell the dog had falsies!!!
Anyways, I like my dogs better without theirs. No plans on getting nueticalled!!!

wolflady
11-18-2004, 04:34 PM
LOL LOL I have to agree. I think it's a little too strange that some animal owners are so...um...obsessed with the masculine appearance that they would have to consider something as rediculous as this! :rolleyes:
When I was working at Gilroy Vet, we actually had a couple of clients who requested these...neuticles! :eek: LOL The first time I heard about it, I thought it was a joke...but nope! Not a joke! :rolleyes:
I personally wouldn't do it, because that's just weird! :p

wolflady
11-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Scooby4
These nueticals could be used for deceptive purposes as well. What if a breeder was using this dog to come over to breed with your female? They get paid for sperm. They aren't responsible if your dog gets pregnant or not. You couldn't tell the dog had falsies!!!
That's a good point. I hadn't thought about it that way! :eek:

luckies4me
11-18-2004, 04:43 PM
These have been around for YEARS. I have seen many dogs with these put in...........I find it kind of bizarre. I think they look much better with a smaller, um..package. :p

lute
11-18-2004, 04:45 PM
i personally find no reason for them. i mean i've never heard of a dog that got upset because he lost his balls!:rolleyes: i think it's just a human problem. i guess it would be a good thing if yer one of those owners that think that yer dog will be "less of a man" if he gets neutered.:rolleyes:

carole
11-18-2004, 04:45 PM
Really, well they are fairly new here, we take a while to get things being a small country, I think the idea is crazy.

luckies4me
11-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by carole
Really, well they are fairly new here, we take a while to get things being a small country, I think the idea is crazy.

Yea, they've been around for a long time. Since I got my first job at the vet clinics, which was when I was 18. I'll be 25 in two weeks. ;) I think it's crazy too. Some people!:rolleyes:

Kfamr
11-18-2004, 04:49 PM
What the heck is wrong with people these days? Who is the psycho who created these?

Personally, I think seeing a male dogs "package" hanging from it's back side is absolutely disgusting. It's so gross.

luckies4me
11-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

Personally, I think seeing a male dogs "package" hanging from it's back side is absolutely disgusting. It's so gross.

Diddo!:p

carole
11-18-2004, 06:27 PM
If you think that looks bad, look at a Baboon lol., now that's not a pleasant sight.:D

kimlovescats
11-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Absolutely ABSURD!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

KYS
11-18-2004, 07:01 PM
kfamr:Personally, I think seeing a male dogs "package" hanging from it's back side is absolutely disgusting. It's so gross.>>>>>>>

LOL! I never was particularly found of a male dogs package
either.
Rocky package was extremely petite before he was neutered.
I remember one of my sisters making a comment that
his petite package was a lot nicer than most. ;)

wolflady
11-18-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
What the heck is wrong with people these days? Who is the psycho who created these?

LOL LOL I agree :o

Tonya
11-18-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by carole
As one psychologist put it" Dogs don't sit there and contemplate the absence of their testicles, its not a dog issue, its a person problem and one they need to get over"

How can they prove the dogs aren't thinking about their testicles? We're not inside their heads. Maybe they do think about it. Maybe that's why they dig. They're looking for their testicles.

Really, that's ridiculous. Pathetic that a pet owner would think to do such a thing.