View Full Version : Picture Test

JRM
11-18-2004, 01:31 PM
Testing!

http://image18.webshots.com/19/0/26/26/205002626obVWlI_ph.jpg

http://image18.webshots.com/19/8/83/51/204988351XdYlDh_ph.jpg

Grace
11-18-2004, 01:58 PM
How about an introduction to these gorgeous creatures :)

I really love that first picture - who is she?

JRM
11-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Some of you have no doubt seen my Boys in previous posts.
The first pic is of my baby Wallace, who I had to say goodbye to last month when he succumbed to FIP. He was only 8 months old. The second is my big squishy boy Winston. I liberated him from the local Humane Society last year. He's estimated to be about 6 years old. He misses his little brother so much that we're getting him another. It's hard, because part of me is scared of loving another one, but Winston was much happier with Wallace here. The breeder we got Wallace from is giving us another kitten. I think she was almost as upset as I was when I called her. He was a family favorite at their house before he came to live with us. Apparently, her kids wanted to keep him, but she had already promised him to me. He was only with me for 5 months, but he left some big pawprints to fill!

Here is a baby pic of Wallace from the week I got him.
http://image22.webshots.com/22/9/42/46/204994246jdzbuV_ph.jpg

RedHedd
11-18-2004, 03:56 PM
Aww! Wallace was a beauty and "squishy boy" Winston is equally stunning and looks like he's SO soft! Can't wait to see pics of the new one too! and welcome to PT!

kimlovescats
11-18-2004, 04:04 PM
GORGEOUS kitties! I know too well the heartbreak of losing a beloved baby to FIP ... just happened in fact to me a couple of weeks ago... November 8th to be exact! My Tucker , in my avatar ... he was only 2 years old. :(

catcrazylady
11-18-2004, 05:43 PM
That sure was a wonderful TEST!
Such beautiful babies. I'm so sorry that you lost Wallace and especially at such a young age. How sad.:(
I am happy that Winston will be getting a new friend. I'm sure he is also grieving over Wallace and maybe this will help him move on.
Keep us posted on the new arrival!

JRM
11-18-2004, 08:10 PM
Thanks, everyone for the kind words.

kimlovescats, you have my sympathy. I imagine you were as shocked as I was by the diagnosis. It only took a little over a week from the day we found out for his liver to fail. It hit him hard and fast. I feel your pain.

I pick up the new kitten next Friday. The family talked it over after Wallace died and decided not to wait to get another kitten. We didn't want Winston to get used to be alone. Oh, the new baby's name is Alexander. Xander for short.

kimlovescats
11-18-2004, 08:51 PM
I can't wait to meet little Alexander! Of course, we will be expecting LOTS of pictures too!:D ;)

Jods
11-19-2004, 09:14 AM
Wow beautiful kittys! Is the new one a purebred as well?? They really are nice looking cats sorry to hear about your loss :( ...
Hope to see more pics of your fur family!

catmandu
11-19-2004, 10:29 AM
We are sorry,to hear about Wallace,as we too,have lost a Siamese BJ,who wasa lot older,than Wallace,and we hope,that the New Kitten,will fill Walaces shoes,although,he can never fully take Wallaces place,in your heart.

JRM
11-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Wow beautiful kittys! Is the new one a purebred as well??

Thanks Jods. Yes, Alexander is a Ragdoll. He's a Blue Colorpoint. Wallace was a Blue Mitted. I think I have one of the pictures from the breeder here......

searching....

Found it! Forgive the fuzziness. :)
http://image22.webshots.com/23/1/91/51/219419151Yehgjz_ph.jpg

kimlovescats
11-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Oh, oh, oh, I am seriously MELTING here!!!! :D Is this your new kitten?

JRM
11-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Oh, oh, oh, I am seriously MELTING here!!!! Is this your new kitten?

Yes, this is Alexander. This picture was taken a few weeks ago, so he's much bigger now. He was 12 weeks old on Nov. 15.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-19-2004, 12:44 PM
Awwwwwwww, Alexander is such a doll!!! Give him a kissie for me, please!!

ps. Is it possible to resize your next pics? These are gorgeous, but a bit to large ;) THANKS!!

JRM
11-19-2004, 12:54 PM
ps. Is it possible to resize your next pics? These are gorgeous, but a bit to large THANKS!!

I'd be happy to resize the pics, but I don't know how.:confused:

Maybe someone could clue me in?

And I'd be happy to throw a few extra kissies in for you.:D

dukedogsmom
11-19-2004, 05:55 PM
www.irfanview.com is a free download and what I use to resize. Remember to sharpen after the final resize. It always blurs them up a little. The cats are beautiful! So sorry to hear about Wallace. Hope the new kitty will make everyone a little happier.

rg_girlca
11-19-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious boy Wallace. What a little doll.

Winston is so beautiful and your little Alexander is just too cute.