PDA

View Full Version : Kiara ate part of a Christmas cactus

Kfamr
11-18-2004, 01:23 PM
We have a lot of Christmas Cactus' in our front porch and back porch.
They are toxic to dogs. They are low in toxicity, but still. I've always asked my mom to put them somewhere out of the dogs reach, but has she? NO:mad:

Anyways, I don't think she ate a lot, but she may have. :(
Please keep her in your thoughts and hope that she didn't eat a lot. We will be keeping an eye on her. She hasn't acted differently at all.

lute
11-18-2004, 01:25 PM
uh oh....i'm hope she'll be ok

trayi52
11-18-2004, 01:32 PM
I'll be hoping and praying she will be alright, Kay. If she is acting okay, then she will probably be just fine.

Willie

micki76
11-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Kay, have you thought about giving her hydrogen peroxide? It will make her vomit it back up, if she ate it recently. You can call your vet and they can tell you how much to give her.

I hope she'll be ok. Keep us updated.

chocolatepuppy
11-18-2004, 04:08 PM
Oh no Kiara! Those plants need to go! Will be thinking about you sweetie.

aly
11-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Sweet Kiara will be in my prayers. I'm sure she'll be just fine though.

Maybe you shouldn't feed her tonight just in case? Since she will be on the airplane tomorrow too? Then she'll be good and hungry when she meets Amy! Amy, you might want to bring a snack to the airport for her!

tatsxxx11
11-18-2004, 05:51 PM
Oh poor baby girl:( I'm sure she'll be ok KayAnn but these moments sure do put the fear into us! You guys try and have a good night and have FUN tomorrow as you head off on your big journey!:) Make sure you get lots of pics:)

Jods
11-18-2004, 06:03 PM
I'll be hoping Kiara didn't eat any.. Prayers thats all is ok.. :(

KYS
11-18-2004, 06:18 PM
Sending many good thoughts for your baby.
Dogs seem to get into and eat everything. :(

(not sure if it will make you feel better or
how accurate it is)
My vet once told me
that G-d mad toxic plants bitter, and dogs
usually will not eat it once they get a taste.

Kfamr
11-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Well, she seems completely okay. I'm guessing I caught her right as she started to chew on it. Right now she's causing havok with Nala, and just a few minutes ago she came in and grabbed the dog conditioner bottle out of my suitcase wanting to play with it. :rolleyes: If anyone didn't know.. bottles are one of her favorite toys. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for thinking of my little weirdo.

lute
11-18-2004, 09:59 PM
glad to hear she's ok!:D

LorraineO
11-19-2004, 11:06 AM
I am sorry I didnt reply sooner,,,, but I am happy to hear she is ok,,, Man,, they do cause our hearts to beat faster at times dont they????

*LabLoverKEB*
11-19-2004, 05:57 PM
I will keep Kiara in my prayers! I hope she doesn't get sick from it.

RottiMommy49
11-19-2004, 06:13 PM
Gee Kay I'm also sorry it took so long to reply. I'm praying your baby is ok. Can you're Mom hang the plants out of reach of the furbabes?
Well thought's and well wishes are with you from all os=f us.
(( Deb, Monty and Kiki ))