PDA

View Full Version : Have you started your holiday shopping yet?

Samantha Puppy
11-18-2004, 11:55 AM
I thought this would be a fun thread and I didn't see/remember anyone else posting one like it lately so here goes...

It's mid-November (this year is flying!!). Have you begun to tackle your holiday shopping yet? I haven't physically started, but I have been thinking about what I'd like to get each person on my list. The good thing is, now that we're married, Josh and I don't have to get seperate presents for our parents anymore (meaning, he gets his mom something, I get his mom something, etc.). We can give them a present from both of us, which will save on money.

I found great toys for Samantha, Kirin and Sushi on petedge.com for $16 (total!). I have the list saved pending approval from my husband to spend money on the animals (he loves them, he just isn't crazy like I am). I hope he says yes. If he does and I buy them, I will have officially started my shopping for Christmas 2004!

How about you all? When do you usually start?

Kfamr
11-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Not so much, but I have picked up a few things while shopping that I thought some people would like. :)

Everyday is Christmas for the dogs. :rolleyes:
I have about 15 new toys that are put away that they haven't seen yet. :p They get a new one every now and then.

micki76
11-18-2004, 12:05 PM
I started ages ago. :)

mina'smomma
11-18-2004, 12:16 PM
I usually start in January and do it through out the year. It makes it sooo much easier. Now I'm just picking up a few things.

Queen of Poop
11-18-2004, 12:20 PM
No shopping yet, but I have my list complete, so will take 1 day off work and get it all done at once!

petslover
11-18-2004, 12:22 PM
I am completely finished with mine! All I have to do is wrap the presents! I have done both of my parents and my dogs! I'm excited to have it over! Now I can enjoy the holidays!:D

catnapper
11-18-2004, 12:28 PM
I am usually doen and wraped by now. Not Kidding! I used to manage a retail store, and if I wasn't done and wrapped before Thanksgiving, I was not going to get done. The habit lasted even after I quit working retail.

Considering our financial situation, I haven;t even started. We're waiting for a BIG check hubby should be getting from work. Every month they keep saying "by Septmeber 1st".... then it became by October 1st. then November first, and now they PROMISE December 1st. I hope we get the check by December 1st of the kids won't have any gifts this year :(

Tina
11-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Nope! I never get started early. :o I'll probably start soon I hope go the day after Thanksgiving.:p

aly
11-18-2004, 01:44 PM
My family and I aren't buying each other presents this year. We are doing the adopt-a-child program and will be buying gifts for some children who wouldn't otherwise have a Christmas. I still have to get the information on my child so I can start shopping! My parents and I are going to go out on Christmas day and give out meals to the homeless as well.

I've picked up a few things here and there for some of my friends and animals though. My sister and I always do a last-minute-Chirstmas-Eve shopping spree. It is SO much fun! Even though we're not buying for our parents or each other this year, we are still going to run out shopping on the evening of Christmas Eve :)

PJ's Mom
11-18-2004, 01:54 PM
I started a while ago. Bailey got the first present of 2004. :D

teenster3
11-18-2004, 11:20 PM
YES.....I've gotten a lot accomplished already! I have a few small things & 1 large thing to buy yet though!:)

Katiesmom
11-18-2004, 11:46 PM
Because I like to give I can't buy to early or else they get it before christmas....but I have bought a few small things and yes its killing me not to give it to them...but I have made a list on what to get everyone:D

cubby31682
11-19-2004, 05:49 AM
We never start our Christmas shopping until Christmas Eve. This year we have already started. I got my mom's present in the mail the other day. It is very pretty. :D They rest of the family they are all getting gift certificates from Best Buy or Circuit City.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-19-2004, 06:19 AM
I bought new outdoor lights; it is better to buy them early, as don't like the "sold-out" sign ;) ! I also bought great printing paper and ink for my X-mas-cards!!