PDA

View Full Version : Need Pet Safe Ideas

mina'smomma
11-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

This is the first Christmas I'll get to decorate everything on my own. I'm looking for lots of ideas. My Uncle and his boyfriend just gave me a beautiful 4ft artifical tree, but I have no decorations for it and nothing to decorate my house in. I'm coming to a blank for ideas.

I want to do something that will be safe for Mina too.

All ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

I crossed post this from General too.

catmandu
11-19-2004, 10:55 AM
No mistle toe,or ivy,as they are Cat Toxic,and watch out for glass ornaments,as they can break,and be stepped on.And secure the Tree,so you dont hear the Cats yell timber!!!

kimlovescats
11-19-2004, 11:01 AM
I would just buy some pretty plastic ornaments ... and NO TINSEL, as it can get lodged in their stomach and be deadly!;) Lights should be fine too ... just watch to be sure that Mina isn't chewing on the cord or bulbs! If you think she will, then maybe just get a color light wheel or something.

Be prepared for Mina to climb the tree, it WILL happen .... a good idea is to tie it with thin cord to a nail on the wall or something else, just to make it a little harder to tip over!;)

Other than that, just have fun decorating .... but don't buy anything so precious that you wouldn't want it ummmmm, broken!:eek: ;)

Jods
11-19-2004, 11:04 AM
is garland okay??

kimlovescats
11-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Jods
is garland okay??

Well, if they chew the little pieces off, it's pretty much the same material as the tinsel. Maybe a string of beads instead?;)

Scooby4
11-19-2004, 04:16 PM
Pointeseta's are poisonous to animals. Put them up high! You can still decorate your tree but at a higher level. I bought an electroptic tree that I don't have to decorate. Decorations built in and atttached!
Be prepared for the quick escape around strangers! Animals are very senistive to new lights, sounds and people!

catmandu
11-20-2004, 08:47 AM
Tinsel,and garland,are not advisable,and put something,on the cords,as little teeth,love to chew,some cord,sometime!

Palomino21
11-20-2004, 06:02 PM
I make my own Christmas tree ornaments. I make pipecleaner candycanes, (real candy canes are ok I think), popcycle stick stars, and stuff like that.

Annie

NoahsMommy
11-20-2004, 11:10 PM
You can use that pretty, wired ribbon for garland too. :)

mina'smomma
11-22-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
Tinsel,and garland,are not advisable,and put something,on the cords,as little teeth,love to chew,some cord,sometime!

What would you recommend Gary?

mina'smomma
11-22-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
You can use that pretty, wired ribbon for garland too. :)

I never thought of that!!!!:eek: Boy I'm falling behind on my craftyness!!