PDA

View Full Version : Need some Pet safe Ideas

mina'smomma
11-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Hi Everyone,

This is the first Christmas I'll get to decorate everything on my own. I'm looking for lots of ideas. My Uncle and his boyfriend just gave me a beautiful 4ft artifical tree, but I have no decorations for it and nothing to decorate my house in. I'm coming to a blank for ideas.

I want to do something that will be safe for Mina too.

All ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

Glacier
11-18-2004, 11:02 AM
No tinsel! I once paid a small fortune to have a ball of tinsel removed from a cat's intestines! I have given up on glass ornaments too as the cats just break them, but you get some lovely wood and plastic ornaments these days. I use lots of lights and beaded garlands. Plus all the critters have their very own stockings that hang in the picture window. :D

cloverfdx
11-18-2004, 11:07 AM
If Mina is just a baby i suggest not putting any decorations up at all Just kidding ;). It seems that alot of years we have had baby animals in the house at Christmas time, it was very interesting with Yumi (Cat) when she was a baby we took all decorations down in the end. just make sure they are secured to the tree and are not small enough to swallow.

catnapper
11-18-2004, 01:20 PM
What I'm thinking of doing is getting those plastic balls they make now... they come in all different colors and shapes. The only way you know they are plastic is to actually hold them - and if she knocks them off the tree, they won't shatter or break.
Also, don't put beaded garland on your tree. Even my Allen, who is not much for playing, loves to knocks the strands of beads down.