PDA

View Full Version : Sasha Marie getting spayed today

jazzzytina
11-18-2004, 10:20 AM
My bitty-boo, Sasha Marie, is getting spayed today. I do hope it goes well and that it will stop her from constantly peeing on the bed! Does anyone else have this problem? She doesn't have a urinary tract infection, she just thinks the bed and clothes on the floor are her litterbox! We have 3 litterboxes in the basement that are kept clean and yet she still wants to do her dirty work elsewhere on cloth surfaces. I love her, but that has driven me crazy because I have an extra sensitive sense of smell!

She went into heat 3 days ago (she's strictly an indoor cat, so no worries of getting pregnant) so that won't be happening anymore. :)

Prayers and good wishes for Sasha would be much appreciated! Thanks. Tina

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Good luck sweetie Sasha Marie!

Logan
11-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Sasha, I hope everything goes beautifully today. We will be thinking of you and praying for a quick recovery. :)

Hope the wetting problems clear up. I'm wondering if maybe you ought to spread those litter boxes out throughout your house, maybe, to see if that makes a difference. I am no litterbox expert. We have one in our upstairs bathroom that is used by Mimi (15 years old), but other than that, they go outdoors. Hope you can get to the bottom of that problem!

Logan

sirrahbed
11-18-2004, 11:07 AM
Hope your sweet girl is feeling well quickly! I am wondering if this surgery and recovery might be a purrfect time to do a bit of retraining - confining her to a small bathroom or crate if you have it - so that her only option is to use her litterpan. Perhaps several days to a week or so.... She would surely not use her bed:eek: This time would keep her from exerting too much and thus protecting her stitches as well:) Might just correct that annoying pee problem;)

jazzzytina
11-18-2004, 11:22 AM
That's a good idea - my only problem is that we only have 1 bathroom, and she yowls CONSTANTLY if she is confined...any suggestions for that? Thanks for the suggestions - I really need them! :)

jazzzytina
11-18-2004, 02:52 PM
Sasha is here at work with me, sleepy in her carrier. She made it through the surgery just fine! I sure wish I had some of that anesthesia - pets are so good for several days after that, then they are back to their wild selves! ;)

Everyone thinks she's so pretty here at work and that made me feel good. She's a good baby girl! :)

kimlovescats
11-18-2004, 03:35 PM
I'm glad to hear that Sasha Marie did well with her spay! I would maybe confine her to a small dog crate with her litter pan for a few days .... since you can't use your only bathroom. Maybe if she has her own personal potty box in there, then you put it somewhere in the house that is more convenient for HER ;) then maybe she will do better!

Good luck, and gentle rubbies to Sasha Marie!

Kim:)

catmandu
11-19-2004, 10:53 AM
Dont worry,as The Found Cat Angels Pouncer,and Karina,are going to stay with Sasha Marie,and see that she is All Right!!!