PDA

View Full Version : Devistating News

RottiMommy49
11-17-2004, 09:20 PM
I just got off the phone with my dear friend LeeAnn. I had posted earlier that her baby Cappy had enlarged nodes in his neck. The test results were positive for Lymphoma cancer. We spent time crying together and wondering why this big lovable rotti that had such a terrible life as a pup was now, at 2 and 1/2 years of age stricken with this. He has lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks but his food intake has increased as well as his water intake. This big handsome boy likely has 4-6 weeks to live. I know LeeAnn is not a member here but it's due to lack of time. Between working fulltime at the SPCA and doing Rotti rescue as well as any other breed and taking care of 2 dogs with cancer and 3 other dogs and 4 cats and a husband she just hasn't time to be on here. Anyway I said i would let you all know once we found out. Please pray that Cappy's last days or weeks will be without a lot of pain and he will enjoy what little time he has. He's my other Angel boy and I love him as much as if he were my own baby.
:(
Auntie Deb loves you Cappy and so does Monty and Kiki.
Healing hugs baby boy and doggy kisses too.
http://ibelieveinangels.mypicgallery.com/rottiangels/copy-of-santa-rotts-003_large.jpg

Letter from LeeAnn 2 days ago....

Here’s my most special boy doing his impersonation of a sleeping Santa. We’re trying to get him used to wearing his Santa hat because Cappy & sissy Rott Adida are the only dogs walking along side of my shelters float in the Santa parade next Saturday. Our 2 kids will walking the route doing the “meet & greet” thing being wonderful ambassadors for their most excellent breed.

As you can see we do anticipate it will be “a go” for this lazy boy of ours.
Love LeeAnn

The picture of Santa Cappy was with her email.

Hugs to everyone...Deb, Monty & Kiki

chocolatepuppy
11-17-2004, 09:26 PM
So sorry to hear this about Cappy. Sometimes life just isn't fair. I'm sure he knows he is loved. I hope and pray his last days are without pain.Your friend sounds like a very giving person.

DogLover9501
11-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Oh no :(

That definatly is devistating news! :(

I can't imagine what LeeAnn is going through, alot of people say that things happen for a reason, but sometimes you just can't see any reason :(

I, too, hope that Cappy's last months/weeks/days aren't too painfull and are filled with lots of love.

Please give hugs to Cappy from me..and LeeAnn too!

kimlovescats
11-17-2004, 09:38 PM
I am soooooooo very sorry!!! :( :( :( Having just lost my beloved Tucker Man (kitty) I know too well, how she and you are feeling. It is so hard knowing of what has to come!

(((HUGS)))
Kim

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-17-2004, 09:41 PM
I am so sorry to hear this:(:( I honestly can't say anything more than that, I am at a loss for words:( I can relate to how you and LeeAnn must feel having lost my Jesse at the very end of August:(

LorraineO
11-18-2004, 11:42 AM
I knew about this as you emailed me but I will reply here too....
Please tell your friend how upset we are over this terrible news,,, Sending big doggie hugs from us here in Canada ......

ramanth
11-18-2004, 11:44 AM
So sorry to hear about Cappy. :(

RottiMommy49
11-18-2004, 12:02 PM
Thanks for all your kind words, I will pass them on to LeeAnn. She does know about how wonderfull I think this group is and that I had posted about Cappy when she first found the enlarged nodes. With all this upset over Cappy my Fibromyalgia is in a real flare up and I had nerve conduction tests done on Tuesday which didn't help, plus it's raining here.

To add to all this Mr. Monty has been throwing up at least once a day. I just finished shampooing the rug again.:( :(
I just don't know what's up with him and am so worried.:confused: :(

Anyway I'm off for a rest but will be back on later and try to catch up on some replies to everyone's posts.:)

As always
Hugs from all of us.
http://ibelieveinangels.mypicgallery.com/rottiangels/dcp-8649_large.jpg
:D

lute
11-18-2004, 01:50 PM
poor Cappy!:( atleast he will live out his days happily

dukedogsmom
11-18-2004, 02:04 PM
Tears for Cappy and LeeAnn. I am sure he knows he is much loved and hopefully can live his last weeks without pain.

pitc9
11-18-2004, 03:07 PM
How sad :(

Always makes you wonder at times like this... "Why"
.. all we can hope for is that the man upstairs knows what he's doing.

I pray that Cappy's last days on earth are filled with love and happy times. I pray for LeeAnn and her family.

My Peanuts
11-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Poor guy :( I'm so sorry. I'll pray that his last days are happy and pain free. :(

tatsxxx11
11-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Oh Deb:(:(:( I had been thinking of Cappy just last night, wondering how he was doing and hoping for some good news. I'm beyond heartbroken, hearing the devastating news. When I saw Cappy all decked out in his Santa hat, the tears fell like rain. Words cannot express how sad I am for LeeAnn. She is truly an earthly angel. It's hard to understand why such a deserving pup should be handed such a terrible fate; be taken from his loving family so soon. But blessedly this beautiful boy has known nothing but unconditional love since he found his way home.
I do hope that Cappy will be able to enjoy his Christmas Parade walk with his Rotti sis and friend. And Monty, you feel better soon, sweetheart. And you too, Deb.

Please tell LeeAnn many here are thinking of her and sending her and her beloved Cappy our love, strength, support and prayers of comfort. Love, Sandra