PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha

PJ's Mom
11-17-2004, 09:18 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20041117/od_nm/odd_newzealand_puppy_dc&e=3

That's carrying things a bit far, I think. :rolleyes: :D

micki76
11-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Utterly revolting.

popcornbird
11-17-2004, 09:29 PM
:eek: That's just sick!!! Ewww!!!!

Uabassoon
11-17-2004, 09:30 PM
Ewww!

Miranda_Rae
11-17-2004, 09:36 PM
ICK!!! Thats disgusting! Man, that lady is TWISTED!! :eek:

dukedogsmom
11-17-2004, 09:36 PM
GRRRRRRRRROOSSSSSSSSSS!

Kfamr
11-17-2004, 09:40 PM
Okay, everyone knows how much I love my dogs. They sleep on my pillows, take up my whole bed, kiss my face, lay on the furniture after coming in from outside, etc...

But never in a million years would I even THINK of breastfeeding them!!!

What in the world is this lady doing with such a young puppy in the first place.. let alone a young pup AND baby!
She is totally out of her mind. :p

sammy101
11-17-2004, 09:44 PM
lol thats gross!:eek: You can buy puppies when theyre only 2 months old,right?I could see why she would want them to grow up together,but she doesnt have to breast feed him!:eek:

Logan
11-17-2004, 10:30 PM
I read this earlier today at another site and I have to tell you that I about threw up, reading it! :eek: How sick is that? Get a pump, get some puppy formula, do something, but DON'T breatfeed your puppy and if you do, don't tell anyone!!!!!!

aly
11-18-2004, 02:09 AM
Her reasoning is ridiculous. How is breastfeeding going to make the dog "protect the baby" ??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LKPike
11-18-2004, 07:15 AM
I think doing that would actually create jealousy between the puppy and baby. maybe her real reason is shes upset the baby stopped feeding.... or she could just be bored.... horribly, horribly bored

micki76
11-18-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by LKPike
or she could just be bored.... horribly, horribly bored

Or extremely messed up in the head. I think that's more likely the case. What a sicko.

KYS
11-18-2004, 08:40 AM
SICK! What is her accuse for not using a bottle?
Just wait till the teeth come in. ;)

Tonya
11-18-2004, 11:11 AM
OMG! That's disgusting. And then to talk about it! I wouldn't even dream of breastfeeding a puppy...but if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't tell a single soul! She is crazy and disgusting.

Tina
11-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Ewwwwwwwww that is so grosssssssssss!!!!!!!!!:eek:

lizzielou742
11-18-2004, 12:51 PM
That is just insane. And wrong. Very very wrong.

It's a cry for attention.

RICHARD
11-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by aly
\How is breastfeeding going to make the dog "protect the baby" ??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The baby won't get any of the mom's defective genes passed on?????

:confused:

carole
11-18-2004, 04:27 PM
First just so you all know, NZ women don't normally breastfeed their pups lol , this is unheard of , first time I have ever read such a thing, she is a Maori woman, so not sure if her culture makes it different for her, but I agree with you all, if one was to do it, one would not shout it from the rooftops.

Well I suppose the puppy is getting good nutrition, her reasons make no sense at all,but hey I guess the puppy doesn't mind one bit, really who is she harming,? but yes she should be quiet about it.

I was kinda suprised you all found it so disgusting, No I would never do it myself or promote it, or let the media know at all, and when I first heard about it, I thought yuck as well, but then I gave it more thought ,and came to the reasoning that I have above.

Lady's Human
11-18-2004, 05:38 PM
I didn't think it was disgusting, I just found it truly bizarre, especially given the fact that she was open enough about it to let the media find out.

carole
11-18-2004, 06:19 PM
exactly how I feel Lady's Human, I was shocked by the revelation but certainly not disgusted, what is so disgusting about it? Odd maybe, but to call her a sicko, and all the other derogatory remarks, I just cannot fathom or warrant it, after all the puppy is going to benefit no doubt from it and thrive.

I think in certain cultures it would be quite acceptable, remember when they used to have nurse maids, to nurse your baby.

Again I certainly would never consider doing such a thing, or be prepared to let the world know about it, but I really see no harm in it, I imagine one very happy puppy, anyone would think she was being cruel to the pup, infact she is doing it a favour more like it., Breast Milk is good quality stuff..;)

slick
11-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Well, I guess I'm just different because I think "whatever turns your crank". I'm not disgusted by it, this story does not make me want to gag nor does it make me feel uneasy.

I don't understand why this woman would want to blab it over the media and I don't agree with her reasoning, but I do agree with Carole. Who is she harming?

The only thing that I would worry about is the teeth! Ouch!

CamCamPup33
11-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Wow. That's is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard of...

micki76
11-18-2004, 08:00 PM
I still find it disgusting. I guess I equate it with a sexual, perverted thing.

I relate it to breast feeding a 4 year old. People do, I still think it's gross.

I love Chester as much as I ever could anyone, but there's no way I'd breast feed him.

*shivers*

GraciesMommy
11-18-2004, 08:20 PM
Ok now I have heard everything..

DJFyrewolf36
11-18-2004, 08:38 PM
I agree it is a bit strange...but cirtianly not all THAT disgusting. Remember the story of Romulus and Remus who were cared for by a wolf. Is that disgusting? I agree that she shouldn't be anouncing it to the world and all.

I agree though, those teeth would HURT! Who hasn't been caught by little puppy teeth lol?

PJ's Mom
11-18-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by GraciesMommy
Ok now I have heard everything..

Don't ever say that because as soon as you do, something like this pops up. :D

guster girl
11-18-2004, 09:31 PM
It just made me laugh. I've heard of stranger things. I definitely would keep that to myself, though.

QueenScoopalot
11-18-2004, 09:39 PM
To this puppy, the breast is like it's mother's teat..provides nutrients etc. Probably not nutritionally sound for the puppy though. Dog & human milk I'm sure differ a lot. But still odd, and even odder to tell anyone about it! :rolleyes: Just think of the taunting this child will endure when he/she goes to school, and the whole world knows about this! :eek:

carole
11-18-2004, 10:43 PM
QSA hopefully by then it will have all died down, her child is still very young.

I would think human milk would still be ok for the puppy, but then who knows.

Micki I am amazed at how strongly you feel on this one, to me disgusting is when someone abuses a child or animal, not breastfeeding it.

There is nothing sexual about breastfeeding at all, either way IMO., and breastfeeding a 4 yr old does not appeal to me either, but there is nothing wrong with it, if the child is happy and the mother then why not., it is just not something I would be comfortable with doing.

Ah well each to our own, I mean I wasn't like how wonderful when I first heard about this,but after giving it thought, I reckon she was doing no harm, but making it public, well that is rather silly, what did she hope to gain from it, obviously just going by this thread a lot of people find it disgusting, so she would only bring this upon her family, I would be interested to hear how the NZ public viewed it, I missed the TV snippet on it last night.

I am not sure her reasons given for feeding the pup were sound, but I guess in her mind she thinks she is doing good.

slick
11-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Now I put a question to you, hypothetically of course, if you had a puppy or kitten, and there was no source of food for it, and you were able to breastfeed it, would you or let it die?

Reading back on my other post I said I would never do it, but when you put it this way; feed it or let it die, my answer would be ABSOLUTELY! If this makes me disgusting in other people's eyes, well so be it. Take a number.

carole
11-18-2004, 10:57 PM
Thanks for answering Slick, you are quick, I deleted that out of my thread, I thought better of it, did not want to stir anything up here, but I think a lot of people would do the same given the circumstances.

I admire your honesty Slick.:)

flamepony12
11-18-2004, 10:59 PM
yick. -scrunches up nose-

flamepony12
11-18-2004, 11:00 PM
but, if i did have to decide between live or die, I would do it.

slick
11-18-2004, 11:14 PM
Carole, maybe I'm naive, but I refuse to believe that any Pet Talker would choose to watch an animal slowly starve to death when there is an alternative. And that's all I've got to say about that.

carole
11-19-2004, 12:31 PM
I think you might be all interested in an update on this story, CYFS child, youth and family services have removed the womens baby from her care and she is now in the mental health unit, children are usually removed because of abuse or neglect, however details have not been released regarding the case yet, interesting though the SPCA said the puppies were fine and they would not be looking for a new home for them.

The women was quoted as saying "she did not care what people thought about her breastfeeding,, its my life, my responsibility,, I make my own choices,, I am going to look after me, my baby and my puppy.

Her baby was born on August the 29th and is now being bottle fed.
She said " it didn't hurt,was a little bit ticklish"

Dog behaviour experts were concerned the puppy would end up with behaviour problems.

BTW there were more than one puppy, there were two about six or seven weeks old, they needed their vaccinations but were otherwise fine.

So there you have it folks,I guess it sounds like the women is indeed unstable.

PJ's Mom
11-19-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by carole
I think you might be all interested in an update on this story, CYFS child, youth and family services have removed the womens baby from her care and she is now in the mental health unit, children are usually removed because of abuse or neglect, however details have not been released regarding the case yet, interesting though the SPCA said the puppies were fine and they would not be looking for a new home for them.

Was the momma dog around? She probably let the baby suckle from it. :p :rolleyes:

It's probably best that they removed the baby and the puppies. At least until her mental stability has been established.

micki76
11-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Here's the follow up story:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3102702a11,00.html

20 November 2004
By KAREN HODGE

The three-month-old baby of a Hawke's Bay woman who was breastfeeding a puppy is understood to have been removed from her care.

A spokesperson for Child Youth and Family Services confirmed yesterday that they were dealing with the family of Kura Tumanako – the Hastings mother who shocked Hawke's Bay residents with claims that she was breastfeeding her puppy.

The spokesperson could not release any more information about Ms Tumanako's situation, saying confidentiality issues prevented it.

The service becomes involved in suspected child abuse cases if they are notified and believe a child is at risk.

The Dominion Post understands Ms Tumanako has been in the Hawke's Bay mental health unit this week.

Staff from the Hastings Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals have visited two Staffordshire bull terrier puppies owned by the pregnant Ms Tumanako.

Hastings SPCA chairman Janet Mitchell said yesterday that staff had gone to a home where the two puppies were being cared for in the last couple of days after getting a call to check on them. The puppies, which were six or seven weeks old, needed to have vaccinations but were otherwise fine.

AdvertisementAdvertisement"We are satisfied with their condition and care at the moment," Ms Mitchell said. There was no indication yet that the SPCA would be asked to find new homes for them.

Ms Tumanako revealed this week that she was breastfeeding a puppy twice a day and wanted the dog to grow up to protect her baby daughter.

Her baby had stopped being breastfed and Ms Tumanako did not want her milk to go to waste.

Dog behaviour experts feared the dog could end up aggressive or with behavioural problems from being breastfed.

PJ's Mom
11-19-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Dog behaviour experts feared the dog could end up aggressive or with behavioural problems from being breastfed.

Behavior problems, perhaps...but aggressive? I don't get it. :confused:

cyber-sibes
11-24-2004, 03:40 AM
Well, maybe they mean "resource guarding" behavior, like when dogs growl & snap at their buddies if they feel their food or toys or human is being "taken" by a rival. I think somebody said earlier that they thought this would create jealousy and I agree.
Still baffling, though...

cookieluver7
11-24-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
:eek: That's just sick!!! Ewww!!!!

I agree!

carole
11-24-2004, 01:57 PM
If you read the updates and another thread you will know that this women is mentally ill, and the whole case is indeed very very sad, and she has been let down by our services badly.:(