PDA

View Full Version : Warm & Toasty

sirrahbed
11-17-2004, 06:08 PM
There was enough nip in the air today for a cozy fire:D The kittens decided they liked the air from the buckstove...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/WARM2.jpg
a close-up...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/WARM.jpg
What a life!!:D

christa
11-17-2004, 06:15 PM
How cute!!!

I know what they mean! That's a great place to be when it's cold!!! We always had a stove at home & I miss it now!!! There's nothing better than wood heat!

;)

dukedogsmom
11-17-2004, 06:34 PM
What spoiled sweeties! I wish it got cold enough down here for a fire. What a great atmosphere.

RICHARD
11-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Hmmm,

Edward says,

Kitties tell the hoomans to keep those homefires burning!!!

Edwina's Secretary
11-17-2004, 07:18 PM
How sweet! I've neverf heard of a "buck stove"....anything to do with Ohio being the "Buckeye" state?

Looks like something out of a children's book....

petslover
11-17-2004, 07:23 PM
wow! They do look cozy. My house is never warm. My house isn't insulated so it is always freezing at my house. I wish I was those little kitties right now :D

christa
11-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
How sweet! I've neverf heard of a "buck stove"....anything to do with Ohio being the "Buckeye" state?

I can answer this one! LOL

Actually "Buck" is just a brand of a wood burning stove. I think the company originates from North Carolina??? (My parents & everyone in my family always had one) They are the best wood burning stoves!

I miss having one :( but my hubby would NEVER want to fool with firewood again!

cubby31682
11-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Aww look at them. I do believe that Cubby is a bit jelous of having a huge furr heater. Right next to my side of the bed is a heater vent, at night he always has to lay right next to it and steal all the warm heat. :rolleyes: He doesn't even cuddle up with me to share the heat either. :mad: :p

rosethecopycat
11-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Enjoy those babies.;)

kimlovescats
11-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
There was enough nip in the air today for a cozy fire:D The kittens decided they liked the air from the buckstove...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/WARM2.jpg
a close-up...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/WARM.jpg
What a life!!:D

Can you blame them? Move over kitties, I'm moving in!!!:D

rg_girlca
11-17-2004, 10:50 PM
LOL Kim, you took the words right out of my mouth.

"Move on over kitties", i'm a comin.:D

That is such a cozy picture Debbie and it can't get any better than having a basket with two of the sweetest widdle kitties.:)

Glacier
11-17-2004, 11:20 PM
awww, too cute!

shais_mom
11-17-2004, 11:55 PM
aaawww I would love to curl up with them!!!

DogLover9501
11-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Those pictures are adorable!!

:eek: Lizzie is started to look so mature already!!

Debbie-What is that round thing next to the basket with the ball in it?? I've never seen them anywhere, they look interesting!

kt_luvs_kitties
11-18-2004, 12:58 AM
Are these 2 not the absolute CUTEST KITTIES IN THE WORLD!!!? I wanna snuggle also, dont forget to make room for me;)

sirrahbed
11-18-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by DogLover9501

Debbie-What is that round thing next to the basket with the ball in it?? I've never seen them anywhere, they look interesting!
Yes, Robyn, the babies are growing SO fast! They look much less like babies and more like small cats - which they are:)

Both round things with balls on either side of the basket are called trackballs or turbo toys. The larger one has a cardboard scratching area in the center. They LOVE these!! The big one is nice because the center part has replacements for after the kitties tear them up:) I bought it at Wal*Mart for about $10. Do you have Wal-Mart in Canada? The smaller toy-better for kittens as it is pretty light and the big cats hit it around the house. I think the turbo-toy is their very favorite toy!!

Which do you like better?;)

mina'smomma
11-18-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by DogLover9501

They're at Wal-Mart in the cat section. I can't remember what its called. Mina is getting one for Christmas.

catmandu
11-18-2004, 08:33 AM
The Found Cats,are going,to get a Stove,anElectric One,to heat,the master bedroom,as soon,as one comes,on sale,in a place,that will take,it upstairs! Your Kittens,are so lucky,and The Found Cats,all want,to visit.

catfamily
11-18-2004, 09:11 PM
That is the greatest picture.I wish I was one of your cats.LOL
:D ;) :D