PDA

View Full Version : Tashi: Lost too early

stephanielcruz
11-17-2004, 12:54 PM
When I was a freshman in college we had to put my cat (12 yrs old) too sleep because he had cancer... that was a horrible experience in itself because he was very special to me. The next Christmas my mom gave me an adorable Yorkie to bring some joy into our lives, and boy did she ever. My little Tashi was the highlight of our lives... 4 months later my mom brought Tucker home... 2 awesome Yorkies with the most charasmatic personalities ever. Being that I was in college it's fair to say that Tashi was never "my puppy" but really my mom's, so when I was able to take Tashi it wasn't even an option... she was happy. As the story goes, My mom took in my brother's German Shephard about 3 years ago, and the three dogs got along wonderfully... Unfortunately this past Sunday (11/14/04) something terrible happened. Dutchess (the German Shephard) and Tashi (4 pds) got into a "fight" over a bone, and Dutchess bit Tashi breaking her neck... she was only 6 years old... As I write this and look at her picture I still feel like it isn't real or fair... I have cried myself to sleep every night thinking of her. My heart is broken, as is everyone who knew and loved her. We know Dutchess didn't do it on purpose... this is just the most horrible thing any of us could have imagined... I'm hoping that this message board will help in the healing process. I will always remember my little Tashi or the "kisser" as well called her because she would lick your entire face every time you picked her up... I know she will be waiting for us on the other side.

KYS
11-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Sorry to have to welcome you to Pet Talk
with such sad news about Tashi.

RIP Tashi!

slick
11-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Stephanie, first off I should welcome you to Pet Talk. You will find this community to be a great source of strength and support.

I'm sorry about the passing of sweet Tashi. What a horrible tragedy. RIP Tashi. Now you can romp and play happily at the RB for eternity.

Jamieejo85
11-18-2004, 01:30 AM
I am so sorry about Tashi..I bet she is playing real good at the Rainbow bridge right now. Welcome to Pet talk, you will find this place a great way to share your stories, whether they be happy or sad. Maybe when you are ready, you can share a picture of Tashi with us. I know it isn't easy to lose a dog way too early before their time, I have been through that. So if you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me.
~jamie

Logan
11-18-2004, 07:17 AM
Oh, Stephanie, I am so sorry about Tashi's untimely death. :( I hope your heart will mend.

LorraineO
11-18-2004, 07:53 AM
Welcome to PT,, wish it was under better circumstances,,,, I am sure that your baby is fine and well at the RB,,, please forgive your older baby,,, he didnt know.... it sounded like instinct kicked in,,,,,,

pipersmom
11-18-2004, 11:37 AM
Poor baby Toshi. Have fun at the Bridge and spread those sweet kisses around.

Give Duchess a kiss for me also.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

stephanielcruz
11-19-2004, 09:59 AM
Thank you to all of you have taken the time to read about Tashi and to respond. I appreciate your kind words and sentiments. I've encouraged my mother to log on as well. Again, thank you. And once I figure out how, I will post pics of Tashi, Tucker, Dutchess and my Westie (Madison) who lives with me.

Sudilar
11-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Oh I am so terribly sorry over your great loss of Tashi. Such tragic circumstances! I am at a loss for words! Big hugs to you and your family.

tatsxxx11
11-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Oh Stephanie, I'm so very sorry for your great loss:(:(:( What a tregedy for your entire family and all of us share in your pain and saddness. As Logan has said, I hope with time your heart will mend, though we all know what a great emptiness her passing has left in your heart. How blessed you were to have known the love of such a special furkid like Tashi and blessed was Tashi to have known the unconditional love you gave her. Bless you sweet Tashi, dear Kisser. Wait there patiently at the Bridge for your Mom until that happy day you are together again. Again, I'm so, so sorry Steph:( Love, Sandra