PDA

View Full Version : My Mom is coming HOME!!!!

NoahsMommy
11-17-2004, 12:31 PM
I think I've said about ten prayers today alone in thanks and for her safe trip. She's coming back today after being in Florida for all the Hurricane claims for the past two months.

She's actually flying right now, from Georgia, and will arrive at LAX around 2:30 pm, my time.

She's had a truly horrible experience. Her management was evil and mean. Nothing was organized, she had to relocate to three separate apartments/motels, all of which were hit by the storms. Two of them required driving 2 hours to work and back alone. She had to spend her 50th Birthday with strangers as well. :(

She emailed me on Monday about how another claims adjuster from another insurance carrier was killed during an inspection!! :eek: She came accross the policy holder growing pot in his yard, he saw her, freaked out and beat her to death! :eek:

I want my mom the hell out of there!! I know that was an isolated incident. But the whole experience seemed horrible for her. Everyone was mean and unpleasent, and she was there to HELP them. She didn't have to do that, its a volunteer thing.

Of course, there were very nice people as well. She met a few people who bought her dinner (much to her protest, as its against company policy) her first few nights because they were grateful she was there. That's so kind, and it usually happens at most of the disasters she works at.

I know everyone has been devistated by all the horrible hurricanes, so a moodiness is more than acceptable. Its the mean stuff she's had to deal with with her management and some customers that wont ever be happy.

Anyway, she's coming home and I'm so excited! Please say some prayers she'll arrive safely. Since she's been gone, I've saved every one of her voicemails. I'm paranoid something was going to happen to her. I've never felt that way before, I just got a really bad feeling about her being thee. Wierd, huh?

AmberLee
11-17-2004, 12:36 PM
My prayers are joining yours. I hope you have a wonderful reunion this evening. Are you having dinner together tonight?

aly
11-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Aw Kelly, I'm so happy for you and your mom! What a great reunion that will be :) I can't wait for you to see her!

Don't worry, it is perfectly normal for you to be worried about her and get bad feelings. I get those every time my parents or sister are flying. But you had extra stuff to worry about with your mom having a bad experience. At least it is OVER now and she is almost H-O-M-E!!!

Prayers coming for a safe landing! :)

NoahsMommy
11-17-2004, 12:42 PM
Thanks, guys! :)

Yes, as soon as I get off from work at 5pm, I'm heading straight over there. Yay! :D

Jods
11-17-2004, 12:42 PM
Yay what good news!!! Has she met Jonah yet???

Logan
11-17-2004, 01:04 PM
What a great reunion you'll have tonight, Kelly!!!! :)

Killearn Kitties
11-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Be safe Kelly's mum! :D

I'll bet she's glad she is on her way home too. Have a good time tonight.

ramanth
11-17-2004, 01:18 PM
Kelly, I'm so happy for you and your mom. What a stressful thing to go thru!

heinz57_79
11-17-2004, 01:21 PM
That is such great news, Kelly! You must be so excited. :)

wolflady
11-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Gosh, Kelly, I didn't realize that your mom was in Florida dealing with all of this stuff, not to mention being stuck there for so long! No wonder you've been worried about her! :eek:
I'm so glad that she's coming home and I hope you have a great time tonight when you go to see her! :)
Prayers for a safe flight are on the way! ;)
**hugs**
Karen

kimlovescats
11-17-2004, 01:55 PM
Welcome home, Kelly's Mom!!! :D Prayers for a safe flight and happy reunion with your precious daughter whom we all love and adore here on PT!!!

(((HUGS)))
Kim

Barbara
11-17-2004, 02:00 PM
I didn't know that she was one of the many people over there who had to do the cleaning-up- one way or the other!

Wish you a VERY happy reunion.

:)

slick
11-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Oh Kelly, I'm so happy for you. Praying for a safe journey.:)

tatsxxx11
11-17-2004, 02:41 PM
What an ordeal for your Mom, Kelly!!! I don't blame you one bit for worrying so. Thank goodness she came through it in one piece and in mere hours, she'll be home with you! Have a wonderful, happy reunion!:)

moosmom
11-17-2004, 04:47 PM
Kelly,

That is wonderful news!!! I'm glad she's okay after all the hurricanes in Florida. Take advantage of the time you have with your Mom, cuz life is too short!!!

You are SO lucky!

Hugs,

Donna

NoahsMommy
11-17-2004, 05:22 PM
SHE'S HOME!!!

I just talked to her as they were pulling away from the parking lot. She's home and so happy to be here.

YAY!!! :D Thanks for the prayers. :D

petslover
11-17-2004, 05:38 PM
yay! thats great!

guineapiglover4life
11-17-2004, 08:50 PM
That's good to hear! Have fun with your mom!

lynnestankard
11-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Lovely news Kelly - Hope you have a great re-union with your Mum.

Lynne

NoahsMommy
11-18-2004, 05:01 PM
It was very nice to see her. I'm so glad she's home...have I said that already? ;)

kimlovescats
11-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
SHE'S HOME!!!

I just talked to her as they were pulling away from the parking lot. She's home and so happy to be here.

YAY!!! :D Thanks for the prayers. :D

WONDERFUL NEWS ... "welcome home, mom!";)

catnapper
11-18-2004, 06:05 PM
I must have missed the previousthread about what was happening, but it sounds truly horrible. :eek:

Glad that you have your mom home. Give her a nice big hug from me.