PDA

View Full Version : Would you say a little prayer for my grandaughter please.

ChrisH
11-17-2004, 06:26 AM
Her cat Ted was found dead this morning and she doesn't know yet. She will be heartbroken.

Such a sad, sad, day.

Thanks
Chris

sirrahbed
11-17-2004, 06:46 AM
Oh Chris, I am sorry!:(
I have said a prayer for Dannielle and an even longer one for your dear Grandmother heart!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Barbara
11-17-2004, 07:07 AM
I am so very sorry and send my best thoughts to all of you.

I think it is very courageous of your son to communicate these bad news himself.

Tomorrow you may be able to tell your granddaughter the Rainbow Bridge story. Ted for sure will know for whom to wait there!

mina'smomma
11-17-2004, 07:07 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your granddaughter's precious. I've said a prayer for you and your family.:(

sirrahbed
11-17-2004, 07:09 AM
Barbara - I am glad you thought of that!! (the RB story) I have been sitting here thinking about Chris and her little granddaughter. Today will be hard, but I was wondering about the coming days and some ways Chris could talk to her!!:)

catcrazylady
11-17-2004, 07:13 AM
Oh what a very sad thing to have happen. It's bad enough to lose Ted but to have the added worry of the pain it is going to cause your grandaughter really makes it extra tough.:(
Prayers are being said for all of you and I hope the Rainbow Bridge story will help your grandaughter through this tough time.

catmandu
11-17-2004, 08:48 AM
Poor Little one,taht is the sad thing,about Pets,is that we outlive them.I would wait,for a while,and hopefully a Stary Cat,that needs a Furr ever Home,and a Little Girl,to love him,will come along,and a life,will be saved.RIP Ted,there is a place,for you,in cat Heaven,and The Found Cats,Beans,Tucker,and Phoebe,And Black Cat,will be waiting,for You.And my Uncle Ted,a confirmed Cat Lover.

catlover4ever
11-17-2004, 08:51 AM
Immediate {{{hugs}}} and prayers to you, your grand-daughter and the entire family.

slick
11-17-2004, 08:55 AM
Oh Chris.....I'm wrapping my arms around you right now and giving you a big {{{HUG}}} on this sad day. Your heart must be breaking in two and I know how hard this is going to be when you pick up Danielle this afternoon.

Please know that I'm praying for you and Dannielle. God will give you the strength to do this and as everyone as said, the Rainbow Bridge poem will help.

Email me anytime, my friend, if you need to talk.

luv
slick
xo

Edwina's Secretary
11-17-2004, 09:34 AM
So sorry for you both Chris. It is a hard thing. One Christmas Day when I was a teenager my mtoher seemed to have a bad cold. Turned out the cat I had brought home years before had been hit by a car and killed but my mother didn't want to spoil the day by telling us.

Really...that should be you three...your son too who has the uneviable task of telling his daughter. :( :( My thoughts are with you.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-17-2004, 09:34 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about little Ted. You had showed us pics of him, didn't you? It's going to be so hard on your little granddaughter. :( {{{hugs}}} to you and Danielle and the rest of the family.

RIP little Ted. :(

jazzcat
11-17-2004, 09:39 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry. I'll say a prayer for your family, especially your granddaughter.

trayi52
11-17-2004, 09:43 AM
I am so sorry. I know that feeling too. My little grandson lost his pet chihuahua, Buddy a year ago. Luckily I had made pictures of Buddy, he still has pictures of Buddy hanging on my wall. Him and his stepbrother had a funeral for his Buddy. I hated telling him so bad. To this day he still talks about Buddy, and gets his picture off the wall and looks at it.

Prayers for Dannielle, bless her that she may get over the pain of this awful loss.:(

Willie

AmberLee
11-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Holding you and your family in my thoughts and prayers today.

{{{gentle hugs}}}

Killearn Kitties
11-17-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm so sorry, Chris. It's awful to loose a pet, the whole family will be heartbroken.

Please give Danielle a hug from me. It's a good idea to tell her the rainbow bridge story.

Rest in peace Ted.

chrangharris
11-17-2004, 01:36 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your lost. We will be praying for you and your grandaughter.

kimlovescats
11-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Oh how sad! I know this precious little girl is going to be heartbroken .... I pray that the Lord will comfort her sweet heart!:(

Corinna
11-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Prayers winging their way from Montana to you. It's never easy. Glad your son wants answers for her.

Vermontcat
11-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Awww Chris, this is so sad.:(
I remember Ted was a little black and white cutie.
I'm sending hugs to you and your family.

christa
11-17-2004, 03:05 PM
So sorry to hear this . . . I can remember loosing pets as a child and how hard it was. It really is heartbreaking & I pray that she will get through this.

Just remind her that her baby Ted is happier & healthier at the RB Bridge.

Prayers & Hugs . . .

ChrisH
11-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Thank you all so very much.
Thank you for the suggestion of telling her the Rainbow Bridge story, I will use the story to help her if I can. By the way, I saw a rainbow on the way home with her and pointed it out, I may try and start from that.

For those of you that don't know, Ted, and Bella, his kitty sister, are outdoor/indoor cats. Ted hasn't been going outside for all that long and was always in and out, mostly in. Last night when he didn't come in after numerous call and searches they knew something could be wrong. When my son found Ted this morning he looked so normal that at first he thought he was sleeping. Because there wasn't a sign of injury the first thought was of poisoning. However the vet was of the opinion that Ted had been hit by something. Not hard enough to break bones or skin, hence no outward sign of injury, but enough to cause internal injury and bleeding. She said that even if he had been found immediately and taken in it was doubtful he would have pulled through.

Thank you all once again, you have helped so much.

Vcat and Debbie, thank you for remembering Teds kitten pics.
Here is the link to his album
Ted (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287043731)

Chris

Edwina's Secretary
11-17-2004, 04:10 PM
Chris...I didn't realize he was just a baby! "sniff" I see a love of "black and whites" runs in the family.

I am so sorry....

kuhio98
11-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Ted, Danni and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Danni might be too young, but http://www.petloss.com/ has a beautiful candle ceremony each Monday to honor our babies. They also have a list of suggested reading: http://www.petloss.com/amazon/booklist.htm Many of them are children's books. One of them might help her know that it is okay to talk about Ted and to come to accept his passing.

Please keep us posted about how she's doing.

NoahsMommy
11-17-2004, 04:27 PM
Oh no! :( Hugs to you and Danielle. :(

I'm so sorry for the loss of sweet Ted. May he frolic and play at the RB.

catfamily
11-17-2004, 04:32 PM
Oh this is so very sad.Poor thing and I'm so sorry for your loss and your grandaughter and of course her parents.Your son sounds like he may be taking it very hard too.I'm so sorry Chris.
I hope this was an accident.He looks like such a sweet kitty.So pretty.He looks to good in this picture.

lizbud
11-17-2004, 05:54 PM
I'm so sorry Chris. Hug your granddaughter for me.

K & L
11-17-2004, 07:55 PM
I'm so sorry. This will be a difficult task. I hope your love and comfort will help your granddaughter through this time.

slick
11-17-2004, 08:10 PM
Chris:
I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for you. I've posted a comment in Ted's album. What a sweet he was.

big {{{HUGS}}} and email me anytime you need to talk.

luv
slick
xo

AbbyMom
11-17-2004, 08:25 PM
Hugs and prayers. I'm so sorry.

Jods
11-17-2004, 09:17 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of Ted... Your grandaughter will be in my thoughts...:(

Logan
11-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Chris, I'm sorry for the tough day that you and Danielle have experienced, and for the loss of Ted. It is a risk we take allowing them outdoors and I know it.

You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

rg_girlca
11-17-2004, 10:44 PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of Ted. He was/is such a lovely looking kitty.

Prayers for you and your granddaughter.

Killearn Kitties
11-18-2004, 04:31 AM
Last night, I looked through all the lovely pictures you had posted before of Ted. He was such a lovely boy and Danni took such good pictures of him.

Please let us know how she is getting on. *Hugs* to granny too.

jenluckenbach
11-18-2004, 04:50 AM
I am so sorry that I did not see this earlier. What a sad time. It is hard enough for us, as adults, to understand the sudden and sometimes mysterious death of a beloved pet, but at 9 years old, what a tough time for her.

{{{{HUGS}}}} and prayers to you all.

Barbara
11-18-2004, 04:56 AM
I am so sorry- so many cats don't survive their first year when they are indoor/outdoor like my little Meo (and it is no comfort for me that she would long be at RB as she passed away in 1978) or like little black Nero who lived downstairs in our house.

If you delete this thread, make sure you start a new one in the Cat Memorial where we can all say goodbye.

AmberLee
11-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Could this thread be moved to Cat Memorial?

shais_mom
11-18-2004, 12:39 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Chris. I remember when you talked about them getting Ted.
Godspeed sweetie.

ChrisH
11-18-2004, 03:36 PM
Thanks everyone, you are the best.

I've sorted out what I think are the best pictures of Ted and used an online storage and prints site to order them all printed out and I'll get a nice photo album for them when I go into to town on Monday.

Originally posted by AmberLee
Could this thread be moved to Cat Memorial?
Thanks for the suggestion AmberLee, I e-mailed Karen to ask her.

Chris

krazyaboutkatz
11-18-2004, 11:45 PM
Chris, I'm so sorry to hear about Ted's passing.:( I also remember seeing his kitten pictures. RIP sweet Ted. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

slick
11-19-2004, 12:06 AM
Just checking Chris. How is Dannielle holding up?

Cataholic
11-19-2004, 09:07 AM
Please feel the renewed prayers coming from me, I am so late to this thread. Chris, I am just so sorry to hear about little Ted, your granddaughter's pain, and your own. May she find some comfort in the RB. RIP, Ted. Your little meowmie is heartbroken down here.

rosethecopycat
11-19-2004, 10:34 AM
I'm sorry for your pain.

I pray that your granddughter is comforted.

Godspeed to the Bridge, Ted.

ChrisH
11-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Thank you, every single one.

Danni is doing ok. I think her mum and dad are responsible for that, her dad especially. He has seen more than his fair share of pets go to the bridge and I think that has helped him to help Danni through this.

She came home with me from school today and as we were walking the first thing she asked was could we print out Ted's pictures, and the second thing was had I told Pet Talk, and when I said yes, what did everyone say. First thing we did when we got in was to switch on the computer and as we read through I was giving her every hug you sent. She sends hugs and love back and thanks you all for your concern and prayers.

Once again, thanks from me, you are a great bunch of people.

Chris

kimlovescats
11-19-2004, 03:06 PM
I'm so glad that Dani was able to read our messages to her! Sweet girl!!!;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
I'm so glad that Dani was able to read our messages to her! Sweet girl!!!;)

I agree! How wonderful that she knew people all over the world cared about her and her grandma so much and were grieving with her and grandma too. :)

ChrisH
11-20-2004, 08:25 AM
Thanks Kim and Debbie.

How wonderful that she knew people all over the world cared about her and her grandma so much and were grieving with her and grandma too.
Debbie, that is so true.

Pet Talk is such a wonderful place full of caring and loving pet people. I cannot say thank you enough to you all, for your support now and also at other difficult times.

Chris

Kirsten
11-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Chris, I'm sorry that Danielle had to make this sad experience. She seems to be a strong girl and is maybe coping better than many of us here would...

Her Ted looked like such a sweetheart, and I'm glad that Dani has read all the wonderful messages here.

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier. :(

Kirsten