PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Bastet and I are back!

BastetsMum
11-17-2004, 05:03 AM
Hi Everyone!

Hopefully Bastet and I will be back for a while. We have had a big adventure this year!

Around May this year I suffered from deep vein thrombosis (a clot in the vein) in my leg. I almost died from it. Afterwards I was extremely unwell for many weeks as I recouperated. In that time of recouperation Bastet never once left my side for any length of time - except to eat and go litterbox. She was a sweet heart and I will forever be indebted to her wonderful companionship during that time.

Once on the mend I finally got a new job which is working at a Univeristy here as an administration officer. I really like my job now :) I also started dating a friend of mine from my old job. We have been going out for 6 months now. We love each other very much. He is a big animal lover and thinks Bastet is the bee's knees. I think his two elderly dogs are the same :D

I moved in with my partner 3 weeks ago so I have had the uneviable task of introducing Bastet to two elderly dogs. She likes one of them - Mandy - but Charlie is another matter. We already had an *altercation* so to speak - she went into their territory and got chased - she tore up all her paws and claws because she isn't used to cement. I turned my back on Bastet for a second and she shot off like a rocket. She won't be doing that again in a hurry. I am also a bit more vigilent myself.

We also had to get shots as well. So the new vet wasn't used to Bastet being a right nawtee kitty. He thought she was a very handsome cat and checked her out thoroughly - aside from the chronic ear infection - which she will always have - she has been given a clean bill of health and her paws are all healed and she ripped out 2 claws from the knuckle but they are growing back nicely. She tested out all her good claws though
:rolleyes:

Bastet has settled in rather nicely though. I am surprised - I thought she would have a hard time! Its me thats having the hard time! New routine and early mornings! ;)

That is the update on how things are - sorry its a bit long but as you can see much has happened. I will be hopefully posting new photos of my extended furkids family soon.

jenluckenbach
11-17-2004, 05:25 AM
It is great to see you back {{{HUGS}}}}

And now the "step-mom" to 2 dawgs :eek: :D

Hope everything goes smoothly now with the new job, new love and....well....everything! :D:D

ummmmm.......pictures ????? :o

Barbara
11-17-2004, 05:38 AM
Hi Peta,
I am glad to see you back. This is another one of the cases where a year starting badly ended up MUCH better: with a new job AND a new love.

I can understand however that for Bastet it may be too much of a change at the moment. When my mom's dog is here (who is rather good with cats) Filou hides most of the time but he starts peeing "abroad" e.g. in the laundry basket to show his independence:rolleyes:

Of course I want to see some pics. I just recently thought so many Aby lovers like Sas and Neko1 or Lailamara are very scarce here and I can't see enough of their beauties:D

catmandu
11-17-2004, 08:52 AM
It is so good,to see you back,and to hear from you,and we are releived,that your medical problems,are a thing,of the past,and that you can enjoy good health again,and the Found Cats All MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOW For YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catlover4ever
11-17-2004, 08:56 AM
It's so nice to have you back. Sounds like you are on the mend, have a new job, a wonderful partner and things are going good. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-17-2004, 09:37 AM
Welcome back!! You and Bastet have been missed!

Ahem.....not to rush you or anything....but....any pics of the introductions and new Bastet siblings? ;) :D

RedHedd
11-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Welcome back!! You and Bastet have been missed!

Ahem.....not to rush you or anything....but....any pics of the introductions and new Bastet siblings? ;) :D
Ditto .... and congratulations all around! Welcome back! You've been missed .... now where are those pictures? :D

kimlovescats
11-17-2004, 11:40 AM
Wow, you really have had a year! So glad you are well recuperated from such a horrible scare with your leg!!!

A new job, new love, new living arrangement ... you GO girlfriend!!! Lots of new changes, but all are happy ones, so that is just wonderful! Can't wait to see new pictures, and WELCOME BACK!;)

K & L
11-17-2004, 11:55 AM
Welcome Back and sorry to hear all you've been going through! Nice though that you had a dedicated friend by your side!:)

AmberLee
11-17-2004, 01:19 PM
Welcome back!

Snugglies for Bastet and her new fur-siblings.

Glad to hear you are doing better! Wow, what a lot of changes this year's brought you.

rg_girlca
11-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Welcome back. It has been awhile.

That obviously was a scary time for you in may and I am so glad that everything turned out well.

Congrats on the new job and the new love in your life. I hope and pray that from here on in, it will be nothing but good health, love, laughter and sunshine for you. :)

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your Bastet and the new addition.:) :D

Edwina's Secretary
11-17-2004, 11:08 PM
So glad to see you back!

shais_mom
11-17-2004, 11:51 PM
welcome back!
You have had an exciting (and scary) last few months! Glad to hear things are looking waayyy up for you!
Pics soon! :)

aly
11-18-2004, 01:40 AM
WELCOME BACK!

It sounds like the year had a rough start, but you have been blessed with a very special person and furkids to share the rest of the year with.

I am sorry you had to go through such a hard time medically. I hope all of that is completely behind you now and you have a bright future ahead.

*HUGS*