PDA

View Full Version : Tigger scratched me :( :(

DogLover9501
11-16-2004, 10:31 PM
I brang Tigger in my room because I hate how I don't see him much anymore and he seemed fine and before I knew it he growled, hissed and lunged at me and made my finger bleed :(

It didn't hurt that much but I still sat there and cried like a baby :rolleyes: because he's never done that to me :(

I really miss him comming in to see me and sleeping in here sometimes :( :(

I just don't have alot of hope that Tigger and Emma will become friends because of the situation with the dogs(Piddle didn't like Jasper since the day we got him and it's been over a year and he still doesn't).

I guess I just need some hope/success stories of kitties becomming friends..etc, because I'm just feeling sad :(

I don't want my big guy to be so mad at me!! :(

jazzcat
11-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Give him time but do realize that they may never become friends. I've had Scout for over a year and she and Ripley still don't like each other. They coexist but not always in a very friendly manner.

Remember that Tigger has been an only cat for many years so it will take him quite a while to get used to sharing the house.

catnapper
11-16-2004, 10:43 PM
I know how you feel. Pouncer has not been the same sicne I fostered Mia. I think its just the stress of everything, and I hope he goes back to normal Pouncer soon. Maybe the same thing will happen for you.

aly
11-16-2004, 10:48 PM
You've still got PLENTY of time before you start to worry! I know how it feels to have your baby hissing mad though.

When I first got Shiloh, I had my Lab and the two of them became the best of friends. Dessi died after a couple months and then Shiloh was the only pet. One day, I brought my friend's cat over to spend the night because I assumed Shiloh would love the company of another animal again. Oh boy was I wrong :eek: She spent the night tormenting the poor kitty. After that I didn't bring another cat into my house for a year or so. Then I brought in a little orange foster who I tried to introduce to her several times. She hissed, growled, spit, screamed, and carried on for hours. The foster stayed in the bathroom and I could only let him out when Shiloh was tucked into my room. She would even hiss and growl at me if I smelled like him. Then I eventually started taking in more fosters. She would still carry on with them, but once I stopped keeping them in the bathroom, I think she realized she had to deal with them. I still remember the first time she played with one of my fosters. The foster was on the kitchen chair and she was under it. They were swatting at each other in a way that was play, but also a little bit of not-so-friendly play. I was so happy that she had made progress though, I cried :)

Now that I've had soooo many foster cats in and out, she is so much better. She will still hiss and growl at the new ones, but she always becomes accustomed to them. She's definately in charge and keeps everyone in line, especially if I am watching. When I'm not looking though, I've caught her letting Lucky and Chance groom her and playing chase with the others. When I turn around and look, she'll pretend to get upset with the cats and turn her back. It is pretty funny :D

Just don't give up hope. Cats sometimes take awhile, but usually can at least learn to peacefully coexist, if not be best friends!

Craftlady
11-16-2004, 10:55 PM
Give it time like eveyrone has said prior. It may also be since Emma is in heat Tigger is more aggressive.
We have been very lucky in that all our gang has gotten along for the get go. Each has their "spats" but it doesnt last long and they are back to being best buddies.

DogLover9501
11-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Thanks everyone

I feel alot better after hearing these things :)

I so hope that Tigger and Emma will become friends, even if it takes years, I just hope it happens eventually!

Thanks again :)

sirrahbed
11-17-2004, 07:30 AM
awww Robyn, I sympathize with that rejected sort of feeling. Dylan, while accepting of the babies, has been *different* since they came here. He does not sleep in our bed at night anymore for one thing:( He will come still in here if everyone is busy, but does not seem as comfortable in our bedroom.
So, I do most of my Dylan-snuggling in the family room:) He seems to accept it better that way. I have also brought him to my room and shut the door with no other cats and when he realized they wer not in here he relaxed. Don't laugh, but our BEST snuggle time is....in the bathroom:rolleyes:

Then again - Dylan is more a loner and always has been.

catmandu
11-17-2004, 08:38 AM
Some Cats,never get used to Other Cats,as they were once Strays,and Other Cats,were once rivals,for food.Princess,has never really gotten,used to other Cats,and is a lone wolf,of a Cat,and like Kiplings Cat,she is the Cat That Walks alone,although,she tolerates Michael.

DogLover9501
11-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Thanks again guys :)

Debbie-Dylan and Tigger are SO much alike!! I did put Emma in the bathroom before I brang Tigger in but he was still upset with me :( Im going to spend alot of the day with him, as I miss him!

trinity
11-17-2004, 10:27 AM
Again I have to agree...give it time. My big guy, Kunan, has always been accepting of the newest member of the herd but he is definitely a bit standoffish this last time with Scooter. Kunan is also very jealous and lets me know if he thinks I am spending too much time/attention on one of the others. I have made a point of,when I walk in after work or whatever, seeking him out first for hello hugs and scritchies so he knows he hasn't been replaced. FIngers and paws crossed that Tigger will soon realize the same....

NoahsMommy
11-17-2004, 12:04 PM
When we first had Noah, who was my first cat ever, he used to scratch me all the time. He'd do it when playing with me, but still. I remember two times where I sat there and cried. Another time I got him too hyper and he bit me. I was so upset I cried too. It hurts when your furkids do that, it also hurts when you see them upset. Your reaction was normal, you just love your kitties. :)

It will take a lot of time. I've been trying to make Jonah and Livvy friends since September. They've been inside together for about 20 days and they are finally getting along without hissing. That's 24 hours a day being together. It just take time...cats are like that.

Good luck with everything. It does get frustrating sometimes.

:)

Kfamr
11-17-2004, 02:57 PM
It was WEEKS before Orion and Caeleigh accepted Chloe, and she was only a tiny kitten.

I'm sure they will be okay over time.

christa
11-17-2004, 03:08 PM
I'm having similar experiences with Josie. If the baby is in the room, she doesn't want to be touched! Actually, if we try to pet her, she becomes more aggressive with HIM, as well as us. She scratches & bites . . . which she always played rough, but it seems to tick her off when we try to pet her around him. When he's not around, she'll take all the loving she can get (which is also odd).

Play around with it . . . see where Tigger is most comfortable with you now . . . it may just take some extra time & attention away from Emma before he will realize that you're not getting rid of him!

Good luck :)