PDA

View Full Version : Driver License!

Aspen and Misty
11-16-2004, 10:24 PM
I got my license today! O my the freedom!! :D I'm loving it! I went out to dinner with my friends to celebrate and tomrrow me and Connor are going ot the park (Nova is HORRIBLE in the car so she has to stay home :( )

I'm so exited! I feel so free. I have my own car (had it for a few months now) and I got a cell phone last night, I'm so happy. :D I feel like I can do whatever I want, whenever I want! (Of course nothing bad or anything!)

Just thought I would share :D
Ashley

micki76
11-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Congrats! Oh the freedom! :D

I'm glad you have a cell phone, too. Much safer!

rizzy
11-16-2004, 10:28 PM
CONGRADULATIONS!!:):D:)

jazzcat
11-16-2004, 10:30 PM
Congrats!!!

catnapper
11-16-2004, 10:33 PM
Congratulations! Good thing you have that cell phone - I would feel better knowing you had it just in case something happened on the road.

guineapiglover4life
11-16-2004, 10:36 PM
Congratulations! I wish I was old enough. I want freedom from my mom yappin' her head of in the car *faints* :rolleyes:

manda_moo87
11-16-2004, 11:33 PM
That's awesome.

I've been old enough now to get my licence for a year and a half but I still haven't brought myself to get it. I have had a huge fear of driving ever since my Mom was in a horrible accident a couple years ago which almost claimed her life. :) Must be nice to be able to drive. Hopefully someday I'll hit the road!

Aspen and Misty
11-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Thanx everyone! It's so much fun! Someone asked me if I could pick up there 4 Guinea pigs tonight because they no longer want them (I run a rescue) and I said SURE! i didn't even have to work around my dad's schedule :eek: :eek:

Ahhh, this is so nice :D

Ashley

wolfsoul
11-17-2004, 03:09 PM
You're lucky! :) The US driver's liscence laws are so much better than in Canada. Here there are three stages of liscenses -- L, N, and then your full liscense. I can't have my full liscence until I'm 20 years old and if I don't get my L by the 20th of November, I can't get my liscense until I'm 21! :(

kimlovescats
11-17-2004, 03:35 PM
Congratulations! My youngest daughter has her permit .... a new job, and is saving for her car! She already knows that she is buying her Dad's car .... along with help from me too! She is so excited as well! Be careful and enjoy! ;)

RedHedd
11-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Congratulations & a request for PT prayers for me as I'm leaving now to go for my driving test ..... this is what happens when you get old! I couldn't pass the DMV's eye test, so now they want to make sure I can drive safely .... of course the fact that I've been commuting for 14 years without an accident speaks volumes. I'm just nervous, but I'm sure I'll do fine.

slleipnir
11-17-2004, 04:54 PM
Congrats :) My dad didn't let me drive very far alone when I first got mine...and not with anyone else. ;)

Jods
11-17-2004, 05:50 PM
YAY Congrats!!! I just got my G2 in the summer... Yeah i was kinda late LOL... I took my G1 late that was the problem then when it came time for my G2 test which has to be taken a year later I did it, but was I ever scared to fail.... BUT I DIDN":T HEHEHE
Congrats!!!!!

Karen
11-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Congratulations on the car, AND the cell phone. BUT ....

As soon as you get in the car, take your cell phone and put it on the back seat, or on the floor of the passeneger seat, or somehwere else that you cannot get to it without pulling over and stopping the car. There have been more than a few fatal car accidents because teenagers were driving and talking on the cell phone at the same time.

Never ever ever drive and talk on the cell phone at the same time.

Ever.

Promise?

caseysmom
11-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Congratulations! Be careful...there are some nutty drivers out there.

Cookiebaker
11-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Congratulations on your next step towards adulthood!! That's really exciting...enjoy your new found freedom, and always drive carefully and with your seatbelt on! :)

guineapiglover4life
11-17-2004, 08:39 PM
I agree with what Karen said.

Aspen and Misty
11-18-2004, 02:51 PM
Sorry to bump this up again, but I wanted to respond to Mommy Karen so she could get some sleep at night :D

I promise, cross my heart that I will never drive while on my cell phone. I do however keep it up front with me because my car's installed CD player does not have the time on it, so I use my cell phone as my clock. I have gotten 2 calls while drivign so far, and I have not answered either of them. No need to worry. :)

wolfsoul - There are also 3 stages to driving here. The first happens when you are 16 and you get your permit. You have it for 6 months and then you get your Junior License (Can;t drive inbetween the hours of 11pm and 6am). IF you take Drivers ED and a thirty hour coarse BEFORE you get your Juinor License, then you can get your full license (drive whenever you want) at 17 1/2 if not then you have to wait till you are 18. Of course this is only in the state of PA, I dont' know the other laws to well.

Ashley :)

aly
11-18-2004, 03:30 PM
There aren't 3 stages here in Texas. I got my permit when I turned 15 and got my full license when I turned 16.

wolfsoul
11-18-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty

wolfsoul - There are also 3 stages to driving here. The first happens when you are 16 and you get your permit. You have it for 6 months and then you get your Junior License (Can;t drive inbetween the hours of 11pm and 6am). IF you take Drivers ED and a thirty hour coarse BEFORE you get your Juinor License, then you can get your full license (drive whenever you want) at 17 1/2 if not then you have to wait till you are 18. Of course this is only in the state of PA, I dont' know the other laws to well.

That's so much better than over here lol. They are changing the rules this weekend, so it will be -- you can get your Learner's license (L) when you are 16. For your L, you are only allowed to drive with less than two other people in the car, you have to be driving with someone who has had their full license for atleast four years, and you can only drive with family members. You then have to wait two years until you can get your N (I don't know what that stands for lol). With your N you are not allowed to drive with more than one friend -- the rest has to be family. And then you have to wait another two years before you can get your full lisence. It's so lame. :(

I made a mistake before when I said 21 -- I meant 20. I can't get my full lisense until I'm 20 because I don't have my Learners yet and can't go get it because my mom works every day and she has to go with me. :(

Aspen and Misty
11-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by aly
There aren't 3 stages here in Texas. I got my permit when I turned 15 and got my full license when I turned 16.

No Fare! I want my full license! :p

Jordan - How weird! LOL.

Ash:D