PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new crockpot recipe . . .

christa
11-16-2004, 08:05 PM
I'm going out of town this weekend & thought I'd make hubby something in the crockpot before I leave that he can eat on all weekend.

I need some NEW ideas! Something other than the typical crockpot pot roast.

Anyone got a great crockpot recipe that they're willing to share?

Hubby will eat any meat or veggie out there!

;)

AmberLee
11-16-2004, 08:31 PM
I LOVE a crockpot recipe I got from Weight Watchers ... you don't have to tell him it's good for dieters, right???

Diet Cola Chicken

1 cup Cola -- diet (you CAN use regular, but I haven't...)
1 cup Catsup
1 whole Onion -- sliced
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast

Wash and pat dry chicken. Salt and pepper to taste. Put chicken in crockpot and onions on top. Add cola and catsup and cook on LOW 6 to 8* hours. Optional: When cooked place in refrigerator to cool and then skim off the fat. Reheat and eat. ****Sounds horrible --- but trust me on this ---- the taste is WONDERFUL!!!!

Per Serving: 286 Calories; 2g Fat; 41g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg
Cholesterol; 826mg Sodium.

* I usually cook on low for 8 to 9 hours and the meat's falling off the bone. I also usually add sliced mushrooms or other veggies. The cola and ketchup combine over the hours to a kind of barbeque sauce.

Samantha Puppy
11-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Go buy a pork loin and two bags of sauerkraut. Place the loin in the crockpot and dump in the two bags of sauerkraut. Put crockpot on low, let it go all day. By dinnertime, you will have a VERY tasty dinner.

Mashed potatoes go GREAT with it. :)