PDA

View Full Version : I'm in LOVE!!!

lute
11-16-2004, 07:04 PM
i was just lookin around at petfinder today and found this guy. i have never wanted a dog this bad! i am talking to my mom as soon as she gets home. he's in texas so i'll need to do a transport. here he is...

his name is Coffee
http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/TX448/TX448.3633493-1-x.jpg

http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/TX448/TX448.3633493-2-x.jpg

http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/TX448/TX448.3633493-3-x.jpg

wish me luck! i REALLY hope this works out!:D

Chilli
11-16-2004, 07:09 PM
Good luck!!
That sure is one cute dog!! And it has such a cute name!!
lol, I can never go to petfinder anymore, everytime I go there I fall in love with every pet I see, resulting in me bugging my mum to let me have 'just one more pet'. lol, I went to petfinder.com yesterday, fell in love with a beautiful long/medium haired white kitten.... yes, I plan on begging mum for this one, too!

Jods
11-16-2004, 07:09 PM
dane eh???? How old is he... He is cute... What did your mom say?

lute
11-16-2004, 07:13 PM
mom hasn't come home yet. i can't wait till she does though! his notes don't say how old he is, but it says he's young. i have wanted a dane my whole life,but a dane/mastiff cross is good enough!:D i go on petfinder everyday s i'm used to the torture. here are his notes by the way...

Notes: Sweet gentle giant. Surrendered by his owners, who tired of having him in the house. He is a VERY well mannered house dog. At the shelter, he keeps his kennel clean, always holding it until he gets to go for a walk in the grass. Very loyal, loving dog. Adoption fee $20. Sterilization and rabies vaccine required.

Jods
11-16-2004, 07:16 PM
20$ thats it! :eek: ... Do you think your mom woulod say yes... I hope so cuz at a price like that any idiot could adopt him thinking they wanted a big dog.... I hope your mom says yes I really do... I don't see the mastiff in him... Definate dane though, he looks shorter, but if he;s young he may still be growing Good luck!! Let us know ASAP!

lute
11-16-2004, 07:20 PM
yeah i think she will say yes,but ya never know. the fee isn't bad at all! i had a hard time seeing the mastiff in him too. i will let you all know as soon as i know.

Chilli
11-16-2004, 07:33 PM
Wow! $20?! That really is a great fee! I mean, we adopted Ethan for $40, and other shelters around here even go as high as $100+! I really hope your mom says yes, he seems like such a sweet dog!

lute
11-16-2004, 07:39 PM
fees are really starting to be outrages i know!the fee for adopting at the humane society in Terre Haute,IN is $110. i've seen as high as $300!:eek:

Chilli
11-16-2004, 07:50 PM
Wow!!! $300?!?! Thats going a bit high. I can understand if the animal had gone through a lot of medical work and vet bills, but thats still a high price!

lute
11-16-2004, 07:58 PM
you'd think so,but that's how all their dogs go for. they say if you can't pay that much then you obviosly aren't that good of an owner.:confused: i only payed $85 for beanie and i think i make a dern good owner!:D

Chilli
11-16-2004, 08:01 PM
Yeah, you shouldn't have to pay $300 just so they think you would be a good owner! We got both of our dogs for around $40 a peice, and who cares if they are spoiled rotton, they act happy every single day here! (except when they get an occasional virus, like the ones that all dogs usually get eventually.)

lute
11-16-2004, 08:09 PM
i hope that someday they realize you don't have to pay that much to prove you are a good owner.

i wish my mom would get home!i think i'm gonna excite myself to death!:p

Karen
11-16-2004, 08:11 PM
He's a beauty for sure! If he was closer to here, I bet I'd find a home for him in a heartbeat!

Chilli
11-16-2004, 08:13 PM
I really hope she allows you to get him! He is such a cutie!

Is your mum is much more easy going when it comes to animals?

lol, if so, that far from what my mum is like. I am almost afraid to ask her for the kitten I want :D Ah well, I will still ask! (It took me over 2 years to convince her to let me have Frisk-man!)

sammy101
11-16-2004, 08:13 PM
wow he's beautiful!:D Danes are my 2nd favourite dog.Good Luck and hopefully you can get him?? Where in Texas is he?? Im in Houston right now.

Kodie cost us $90. $300!!:eek: you could buy a new purebred puppy for that much:eek: ive never heard of it being so expensive

Jods
11-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Is your mom home Yet??????!!!!:p :p :) :)

DogLover9501
11-16-2004, 08:28 PM
Good luck!! He is gorgeous, and I see the mastiff :D

Originally posted by lute
you'd think so,but that's how all their dogs go for. they say if you can't pay that much then you obviosly aren't that good of an owner.:confused: i only payed $85 for beanie and i think i make a dern good owner!:D

People told me before that when people are willing to pay alot for a dog it means they must really want them. I don't see much truth in that, as someone who gets a dog on the side of the road for free could want the dog as much as someone who goes and pays $3,000 for one!

lute
11-16-2004, 08:48 PM
when my parents got home i asked mom about him. i showed him to my parents and they had me e-mail the shelter about him and ask him how he is with smaller dogs(we have Beanie who is 15lbs.) it all depends on when this place e-mails me back. if i don't get a reply tomarrow i'm gonna call them. it's lookin good so far!:D :D :D i'm sooo freakin ecxited!!!:D

Chilli
11-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Congradulations so far!! I really hope it all goes well!

chocolatepuppy
11-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Good luck, he's gorgeous! :)

RobiLee
11-16-2004, 09:30 PM
Wow, what a great looking dog. Best of luck!

Robin :)

flamepony12
11-16-2004, 09:54 PM
that's so cool! He's B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!! :D:D:D good luck!! plz keep us posted!! :D

aly
11-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Just remember that a lot of shelters won't adopt unless you can be there to meet the dog first in person and sign the contract. They could fax you the contract, but almost everywhere here requires that you meet the dog before adopting (for very good reason).

Where in Texas is he? I have contacts with a Great Dane rescue who maybe could get him out of that shelter. I think I'd feel better if he was in a foster home. He does have a lot of mix in him though, so I'm not positive they'd take him.

micki76
11-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Coffee is in the WYLIE animal shelter!!! :eek: I live in Wylie. Our popluation is about 20,000. What are the chances?!?!?!

*faints*

Whatever I can do to help him, let me know. Our shelter is GREAT, even though it's city. Our AC Officers are former rescue workers, and they do SO much for the pets in their shelter! :)

manda_moo87
11-16-2004, 11:12 PM
WOAH... what a gorgeous boy!!!! I hope you can get him!!! I'll keep my fingers (and paws ;)) crossed everything works out.

Jamieejo85
11-16-2004, 11:19 PM
WOW!! Beautiful doggie, please keep us posted! I hope you get him!!
Jamie

FizzGiggs_Mommy
11-17-2004, 06:33 AM
Any news yet?

lute
11-17-2004, 10:36 AM
no real big news yet. my parents said that as long as he would be good with Beanie we could adopt him!:D

Coffee is in the WYLIE animal shelter!!! I live in Wylie. Our popluation is about 20,000. What are the chances?!?!?!
*faints*

Whatever I can do to help him, let me know. Our shelter is GREAT, even though it's city. Our AC Officers are former rescue workers, and they do SO much for the pets in their shelter!

NO WAY!!! that is sooo cool!!! there may be a way you can help. if the adoption goes through could you help with a leg of the transport? i have someone putting one together.

shutterbug0303
11-17-2004, 10:45 AM
This is too exciting Lute!!! I've been away from here for a while now trying to keep up with Sahara and making sure she is feeling better, but when I saw this....I just had to post!! I am so excited for you! I know your a dane fanatic :D What a wonderful opporutnity for ya! I sure hope that everything works out! I bet Coffee will be great with Beanie...seems like it from what I read about him in the description you posted. Best of luck and keep us posted!! :D

lidlelou
11-17-2004, 11:34 AM
He is beautiful. I hope your mom says YES! Keep us posted.

pitc9
11-17-2004, 11:49 AM
OMG!! What a cutie pie!!! I hope it works out!

Paws Crossed!!!

LorraineO
11-17-2004, 12:58 PM
ooh,,, he is sooo super freaking cute!! Let us know ASAP!!!!!

micki76
11-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by lute
NO WAY!!! that is sooo cool!!! there may be a way you can help. if the adoption goes through could you help with a leg of the transport? i have someone putting one together.

Absolutely!! I may even go to the shelter and meet him in a day or two. ;) (it's raining way to hard today, and the parking lot at the shelter is WAAAAYYYY far away)

My Peanuts
11-17-2004, 01:50 PM
He is really really cute! Your parents are so nice to say yes so fast. :) I hope everything works out.

kimlovescats
11-17-2004, 02:04 PM
He is so beautiful ... I hope it all works out for you!;)

lute
11-17-2004, 03:43 PM
still no reply!:( i wish they would reply quicker!!! oh look at me. i'm goin crazy!lol

Absolutely!! I may even go to the shelter and meet him in a day or two. (it's raining way to hard today, and the parking lot at the shelter is WAAAAYYYY far away)
OMG! if you go see him will you tell me more about him! like how big he is. my parents weren't all that crazed about a dog that big,but they understand how dane-crazy i am! thanks so much for wanting to help!:D :D :D

This is too exciting Lute!!! I've been away from here for a while now trying to keep up with Sahara and making sure she is feeling better, but when I saw this....I just had to post!! I am so excited for you! I know your a dane fanatic What a wonderful opporutnity for ya! I sure hope that everything works out! I bet Coffee will be great with Beanie...seems like it from what I read about him in the description you posted. Best of luck and keep us posted!!
how is Sahara? i hope she is feeling better. i am a HUGE dane fanatic!lol Sahara is one of my faves....along with Mercedes;)

i'll keep ya'll posted as i know more!:D

jazzcat
11-17-2004, 04:12 PM
He's gorgeous!!! I hope it all works out!

lute
11-17-2004, 04:28 PM
:( :( :( i got ans e-mail back from the shelter. Coffee was adopted today. i'm happy he's adopted,but i was REALLY hoping i could have had him.:(

sammy101
11-17-2004, 04:30 PM
o no im so sorry!:( sounded like you really wanted him.im glad that he got adopted:) Just keep on looking!

lute
11-17-2004, 04:34 PM
thanks. i'll keep lookin.:(

My Peanuts
11-17-2004, 04:50 PM
When you find the dog that you're supposed to adopt and look back on this you will think it wasn't meant to be. Before we adopted Harley I was trying to adopt a blind Pug named Wesco. Wesco got adopted 2 hours before I contacted the woman. The weird thing was he had been up for adoption for a long time and no one wanted him. I was very glad he got a home, but I was upset. Then we got Harley and I knew he was destined to be ours. Plus, I couldn't imagine a better brother or companion for Sylvia. It will happen and you will know it's right :)

lidlelou
11-17-2004, 04:53 PM
So sorry to hear that, but at least he got a good home. Keep looking and I'm sure you will find another one to love.;)

chocolatepuppy
11-17-2004, 05:03 PM
So sorry you didn't get him but just keep looking!

lute
11-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
When you find the dog that you're supposed to adopt and look back on this you will think it wasn't meant to be. Before we adopted Harley I was trying to adopt a blind Pug named Wesco. Wesco got adopted 2 hours before I contacted the woman. The weird thing was he had been up for adoption for a long time and no one wanted him. I was very glad he got a home, but I was upset. Then we got Harley and I knew he was destined to be ours. Plus, I couldn't imagine a better brother or companion for Sylvia. It will happen and you will know it's right :)
that's what my dad said. he told me it wasn't ment to be and to keep looking. so we'll see what happends.

petslover
11-17-2004, 06:54 PM
aw. I been keeping up with this thread. I was hoping you would get him, but like everyone has said it wasn't meant to be. You will find another dog that you will love even more!

sammy101
11-17-2004, 06:57 PM
whats you zip-code?? I could help you look for some rescues in your area if you would like:)

micki76
11-17-2004, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry he wasn't the one for you. :( But, I am glad that he was adopted. Those gals at our shelter work their butts off for each and every animal in there. They go the extra mile, and even though it's a city shelter and the adoption fees are low, they interview all propesctive homes. :) It's not a case of someone just having the fee and getting the animal.

Keep looking and your next pet will find you!

guineapiglover4life
11-17-2004, 07:35 PM
Awww! He's so cute!