PDA

View Full Version : Morning Ritual

catnapper
11-16-2004, 07:32 AM
Abby has decided that she L-O-V-E-S milk and that nothing will stop her from getting it. She apparently is not lactose intolerant, so I do let her get some every morning (I have NO choice - trust me :p )

This is a little video of what I go through each morning. Yes, I am sitting at my desk *trying* to check out the internet. Yes, the cereal is Capn Crunch and his merry band of Crunch Berries! :D

Palomino21
11-16-2004, 07:35 AM
LOL.. That is so funny. We had a cat like that once. We had to spell out the word milk because he'd beg for it if he heard us say milk. He'd actually do tricks for milk.

Annie

lynnestankard
11-16-2004, 07:37 AM
ROFLMAO!!!!! Honestly Kim - haven't you heard - it's 'One for you - lots for me '- One for you - lots for me'!!!!!

Thats just so funny - I laughed so loud Ketchum shot off the sofa!!!

I get the feeling our little Abby isn't gonna give up HER morning cereal without a darn good fight!:D :D

Lynne

Barbara
11-16-2004, 07:42 AM
:D :D :D

It's all about manners: Filou and his dad share cereals and milk too. Filou dips his pawsie in the milk and licks it- very organized- no fighting about resources.

BTW: I think he gets so little milk that he is ok with it:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-16-2004, 07:52 AM
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%2097%20lol.gifhttp://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%2097%20lol.gifhttp://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%2097%20lol.gif

mina'smomma
11-16-2004, 08:14 AM
Awwww how adorable

catnapper
11-16-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
It's all about manners: Filou and his dad share cereals and milk too. Filou dips his pawsie in the milk and licks it- very organized- no fighting about resources.

Abby is no longer allowed to do the paw-dip. The day before last, she dipped, and my next bite tasted suspiciously like Fresh Step cat litter. Blechhhhhhhhh. (Yes, I ran for the Listerine!)

Barbara
11-16-2004, 08:26 AM

Oh I prefer not to think about that in detail. There are a lot of things here that can only be communicated about Pet Talk members:D

catmandu
11-16-2004, 08:29 AM
That Video,is so funny,as one of The Library cat Club,has a Cat,that does,the same thing,with macaroni,and cheese! The Found Cats,can be pests,when it comes to CHICKEN,but they use the subtle approach,watching,the fork,go into your mouth,and looking sad.

catlover4ever
11-16-2004, 08:30 AM
Your Abby and my Abbey (Abner) are one in the same. Abner will follow me all over the house and cry when I have a glass of milk. He loves milk....we too have an "evening ritual". If I take a sip out of my milk after he has finished he will come back to get the last sip. This ritual goes on every time I have milk.

When the milk gets low...that's when Abner does the famous "paw dip"...that's when he gets the rest of the milk.

NKBurlington
11-16-2004, 08:36 AM
Aww! My dearly departed Jessie loved cereal milk. She would sit patiently until I finished my bowl and then (occasionally) I would allow her to lick up the remaining mil - sugar free, of course.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-16-2004, 10:33 AM
Tubby used to be very similar - and just as persistent. The only difference was that Terry always sat at the table to eat his cheerios - and Tubby was NOT allowed on the table so he would sit RIGHT by Terry's chair and beg to no end. One time Terry got up and accidentally left his cereal bowl unattended for just a minute or two. He came back to find this.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/pe5d9f6e02cd132604c59561c38aff29e/fdc51f17.jpg

:rolleyes: :D
Tubby was SO fast!

I think as long as kitties get milk on a regular basis it doesn't bother them. At the time of this picture, every Saturday and Sunday morning Tubby would get Terry's left over milk. But it got to the point where not even 5 minutes later he was throwing it up, so we resorted to CatSip every Saturday and Sunday. But that eventually got to the point where Tubby was throwing that up right away too, so we had to stop all such treats. His poor tummy just can't handle them anymore. :( He doesn't seem to think that's a problem though, because he still begs incessantly every morning for milk. :rolleyes: ;) :D

catnapper
11-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Awwww Tubby, you look so sweet there. I'm sorry your tummy cant handle it anymore.

Thats how Allen eats from his bowl every day. He prefers to sit on his chair and eat in a dignified manner. :D

RedHedd
11-16-2004, 01:04 PM
:D I'll have to wait until I get home to see the video, however I'm sure I know what it looks like as I have two who give me the "evil eye" while I try to eat my cereal in peace! It's a weekday morning ritual now. Mitzi has now gotten into the habit of trying to get into my lap while I'm eating. They each got to "lick the bowl" this morning, sharing the left-over soy milk ... and I know it's my fault as I willingly pour more soy milk into my cereal to ensure that I'll have some leftover for the cats to share. Just who's in charge here? Yeah I know ... :rolleyes: :)

Barbara
11-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
At the time of this picture, every Saturday and Sunday morning Tubby would get Terry's left over milk. But it got to the point where not even 5 minutes later he was throwing it up, so we resorted to CatSip every Saturday and Sunday.

How did Terry do with the catsip?:D

hdeneise
11-16-2004, 01:11 PM
My mom's Kitty-Max has the same love for cereal milk. He was so persistant; but my mom's stubborn. After months of repeatedly putting him on the floor, he now waits at her feet. Every few minutes he'll reach his little paw up and tap her leg to say "Hey, don't forget about me!!", but he always gets leftover milk.

Mom's other milk lover is Daisy, but she doesn't want cereal contamination. Anytime someone goes into the kitchen she runs over to the refridgerator and looks up with the sad face :( and cries MMMIIIILLLKKK. She has her own milk bowl, you just can't resist that fat furry face.

Edwina's Secretary
11-16-2004, 01:44 PM
You all are making me laugh so! Terry drinking Catsip, Canapper seasoning her cereal with Fresh Step...and Filou who "isn't allowed on the table" sharing cereal milk with his pawpaw......

btw...Eddie comes running when he hears the box of cereal come out.....

kimlovescats
11-16-2004, 02:36 PM
ROFLOL!!!!!!!! I SWEAR she is Tabitha all over again! Tabitha is the same way .. and does NOT take "no" for an answer!!! She will literally come flying across the room and DIVE face first into your plate!!! hehehehe!!!!!:D

GraciesMommy
11-16-2004, 02:40 PM
That is too funny..

Gracie sits patiently when I eat and its one for me one for you...she loves Nacho Cheese Doritos..she gets tiny bites, I get BIG bites..lol

jenluckenbach
11-16-2004, 05:06 PM
Both Charlie and I can relate to THAT! (LOL) Just wait until she has more weight to push around in that bowl with. ;)

catfamily
11-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Me and Mike loved that video.We couldn't stop laughing.Our Marshall does that to Mike every night when Mike brings up his after dinner vanilla Ice cream cone.He's all over Mike trying so hard to get licks from the icecream.Mike laughs and gives in.It's a game with them:D
I know cats love cereal.Every time I have it they all surround me.My KiKi that passed away was the most pesty about it.(just like the video).Too cute.

QueenScoopalot
11-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
How did Terry do with the catsip?:D
ROFLMAO!!! I got the same impression...Debbie inquiring minds now need to know...does Terry enjoy his CatSip? Catnapper...the video had me sitting here laughing away! What a persistant little girl she is!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Just too funny! :D :D :D

lizzielou742
11-16-2004, 06:51 PM
She's so cute! Sophie and Tito are both the same way with milk. Sophie is more like Abby - she will just jump right in your lap and start trying to drink out of your bowl or glass. Tito is more like Tubby - sitting in front of you, patiently begging, waiting for just the right moment to sneak in there and get it.

:D

Cosmicat
11-16-2004, 08:12 PM
LOL .... That is just like how Simba acts, he will nag and nag until I give him some milk.

catnapper
11-16-2004, 08:16 PM
LOL... glad to see many of you relate. :)

What you don;t see is Nicki sitting on the floor, ears all perky, looking at us saying "HEY! the milk leftover in the bowl is MINE!" Its hard for her to share her milk with a CAT. Maybe she can bond with Abby over milk? :D

jazzcat
11-16-2004, 10:12 PM
LOL!!!

That is why I have learned to eat my cereal out of a cup so I have better control of who or what is getting into it.