PDA

View Full Version : Yay!!!!!

QueenScoopalot
11-15-2004, 08:46 PM
I have a new foster contact (Verna) who'll be thinning out my herd in a day or two! She sounds like quite a character, and I had a wonderful long animated conversation with her. Her daughter (Lisa) was/is a vet tech who used to volunteer at the now closed ARL, and mom and her donated several hundred $$$ a month, plus time cleaning ears, clipping nails, obtaining bedding etc. We have a mutual dislike for this now defunct shelter, but Verna played her cards right as a young woman, and now has a 12 room home in a near by city, and is willing to foster Holly & her four babies, as well as a mom cat I picked up a few days back with 2 kittens, and the four tiny ones Leslie and I were able to rescue last week! Mom cat #2 has accepted the 4 tiny ones as her own, but they're in very cramped quarters in the kitchen. :( Both moms will have huge rooms, and a vet tech taking care of them, so I'm elated! :D I'm sure hubby will be very happy to have Holly and her babies out of the bathroom as well LOL! He's so tolerant. ;) YAY!!! :) :) :) It makes room for more....there's soooo many more out there still groan

catnapper
11-15-2004, 08:50 PM
What fabulous news! You do such impressive work, glad to see you are getting a break and someone who is willing to help you.

Logan
11-15-2004, 08:51 PM
How wonderful!!!! :) Sounds like hubby's joy might be short-lived, but I know that your love for animals must be one reason he loves you!!!! :)

catcrazylady
11-15-2004, 08:56 PM
OMG Jan that is WONDERFUL news!!! What a Godsend these two are for you and all the wonderful babies that need them! I'm grinning from ear to ear so I know how happy you must be!!:D :D :D

AmberLee
11-15-2004, 09:02 PM
HaPpY DaNcInG FoR YoU AnD ThE LuCkY FuR-KiDs!!!

kimlovescats
11-15-2004, 09:19 PM
Congratulations! That is spectacular news!;)

rg_girlca
11-15-2004, 09:28 PM
Oh Jan, I couldn't be happier for you. YAY is right.

leslie
11-15-2004, 11:09 PM
YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! Quick!!! take picks of the little tykes before they are gone!!! AWWWWWWEE!!!!!!!! Those little ones from under the shed in the bed of leaves are so sweet- and you never divulged exact details on where the other 2 kittens came from (I know the general area- street- but...). Funny how we missed each other on that street by an hour or so!

catmandu
11-16-2004, 09:06 AM
We are glad,that you,are getting some help,as too many cats,can wear you down,and you do need a helping hand,everyone,that does that much GoodWork,does! Bless You,for Caring.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-16-2004, 11:04 AM
How wonderful!! So, she has 12 rooms to fill, eh? I think you'll have them filled in no time flat. ;) :D

Congratulations on your latest "find!" :D

Corinna
11-16-2004, 11:33 AM
Sounds like a purrfect match.

sirrahbed
11-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Wonderful, WONDERFUL news Jan!!!! YAAAYY!!

NoahsMommy
11-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Oh, that is WONDERFUL!!! :D

The world needs more foster homes.

QueenScoopalot
11-16-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
How wonderful!! So, she has 12 rooms to fill, eh? I think you'll have them filled in no time flat. ;) :D

Congratulations on your latest "find!" :D

LOL! Verna & Lisa already have a number of purebreds adopted from all different places, and I was only going to ask Verna about the mom & kittens that are in Gracie & Gabe's old digs. Hearing the size of her home, (with the mortgage paid off even) I didn't miss the opportunity to ask if she had room for Holly & her kids as well. Hmmmm...don't worry, I'll find more for them and this place :rolleyes: Still no shortage of kittens and winters approaching.

jenluckenbach
11-16-2004, 05:47 PM
What a fantastic "find" ! :D:D YIPPEE!!!!!!!!

catfamily
11-16-2004, 06:04 PM
All I can say is thank goodness you found them.:D