PDA

View Full Version : Lucky or ?????

RICHARD
11-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Man survives 3,500ft fall

A British skydiver has survived a 3,500ft fall after his parachute failed to open.

Charlie Williams, 25, was saved by a corrugated iron roof he smashed through at 120mph.

It broke the army officer's fall as he landed on a shanty town in Kenya, reports the Sun.

He escaped with three cracked vertebrae and a dislocated finger and is now recovering at his parents' home in Bradford.

Charlie said: "I don't know if I'm very lucky or very unlucky. I'm alive and frankly that's all that matters."

He clipped the side of the aircraft and was sent spiralling head-first after he leapt from a Cessna 102 plane.

As he pulled his ripcord his feet got entangled in the rigging. Charlie hurtled towards the ground with the canopy flapping uselessly.

He said: "I was very frightened and I was panicking. My body position meant it was impossible to deploy my reserve parachute."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Now,when I hit a corrugated iron roof at 120 mph I really don't expect to get away so easily....
:eek:

slick
11-15-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Now,when I hit a corrugated iron roof at 120 mph I really don't expect to get away so easily....:eek:
Let me know when you plan on doing this. I'll bring my camera. ;)