PDA

View Full Version : Candy

USAFRET91
11-15-2004, 06:24 PM
Candy was a black lab. We got her when she was 8 weeks old. And she was my son, Steven Jr dog. I was still in the Air Force at the time. Shortly after we got her we bought a home in town and moved. She was the best. She loved everyone and was so gentle, never got mad at you. She had a litter of pup's when she was 4, 4 yellow, 3 black and 1 chocolate (which I kept as mine) which I called her Coco. One day when I wa helping a neighbor build his new garage, Candy and Coco got out of the yard, we searched for hours and finally got a call from the police that they had spotted two labs not far from the house. As I drove down the road I spotted a car on the side of the road and people were gathered around the car. When I got there, I realized what had happened, Candy had been hit and died instantly, Coco was on the side of the road, and looked so scared. I got them both in my car and drove home with the sad duty to tell my son that his dog was dead. It was one the hardest things I had to do. She is buried in the backyard. About 4 years later (1997), we had a flood here in Grand Forks, we had to leave our home, which we lost the basement in the flood. When we was able to come home and clean up we did. We were finally able to get Coco. But I guess it was the trama of the flood and being apart, for she had a heart attack and died in my arms. Since then I havent had a dog, I dont know if I could lose another one like I had in these two. She is also buried in the backyard, next to her mother, Candy.

slick
11-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Oh my gosh that's so sad. :( :( RIP Coco and Candy and play happy at the RB.

I also want to welcome you to Pet Talk even if under sad circumstances. You will find this site to be a wonderful source of strength and support. Lean on us anytime.

Sudilar
11-16-2004, 09:23 AM
I am so sorry for your great loss. RIP Candy and Coco, play hard at RB now.

LorraineO
11-16-2004, 10:53 AM
so sorry for your loss..... Rest easy....

ramanth
11-16-2004, 11:36 AM
So sorry for your loss. :(

pipersmom
11-18-2004, 11:32 AM
How horribly sad and traumatic.

I'm so sorry. RIP Candy and Coco.

tatsxxx11
11-27-2004, 04:04 PM
The tears are falling for your beloved Candy and Coco and my heart breaks for your tragic losses. I hope you take some comfort in the knowledge that during their time on this earth, they were much loved and will and do, live on in your heart. I understand your hestiation in getting another pup. I hope one day you will be able to welcome another deserving doggies into your life and heart. What a lucky pup that will be! I know my Rainbow Brigde Labbie Jing and Candy and Coco are having great fun, romping at the Bridge and waiting patiently there for us. Thank you for sharing your beautiful and moving memories of your beloved furkids with us. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Raven
12-27-2004, 04:00 PM
omg, I am so sorry. That is so sad. Rest in peace, Coco and Candy.

Mandy1
12-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Sorry for your loss. They both sound like great dogs that you will remember for the rest of your life...Memories last forever.

Lexi_Lover
01-15-2005, 08:47 AM
Oh...poor Candy and Coco! They sounded like wonderful dogs! Rest easy and play hard at the RB!

R.I.P. Candy and Coco!