PDA

View Full Version : Painter's helper

catnapper
11-15-2004, 06:10 PM
I'm basically paniking about having Thanksgiving at my house, we are going to have about TWENTY people! :eek: I'm determined to make the house look PERFECT, so that means finally painting the kitchen cabinets. I took them off their hinges todays and laid them on the floor to paint. I did the primer, and left the room to paint some trim. When I returned to do a coat of paint... lookie what I found. How'd that happen?
http://www.piftails.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/paw-print-inthe-paint.JPG

Could it be one of these guys?
http://www.piftails.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/normal_together-time.JPG

NAAAAAHHHH! It couldn't be! they look too sweet!

But wait, if you look closer at Harry's upper lip, you can see some gray primer. He was caught gray-lipped! :eek:

RedHedd
11-15-2004, 06:28 PM
:D :D

Freckles
11-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Since I see paw prints, any gray evidence on the paws?:)

catnapper
11-15-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
Since I see paw prints, any gray evidence on the paws?:)
Nope, they washed it off onto my carpet :rolleyes:

lizzielou742
11-15-2004, 07:00 PM
hee hee, you guys are BUSTED!!! :eek: :D

kimlovescats
11-15-2004, 08:26 PM
"Oops, did WE do that?" Well, Meommy ... you shouldn't have left it out for the babies to step in!!!! :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

prechrswife
11-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Has Samson been at your house giving painting lessons?:eek:

catcrazylady
11-15-2004, 09:02 PM
ROFLMBO!!! Kim your house is starting to sound like mine!! That is too cute!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Barbara
11-16-2004, 04:51 AM
How did you get that special design on your kitchen cabinets? That's exactly as I would want it:) :) :D ;)

catmandu
11-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Actually,those Gray Paw Prints are cool,and I woulsd leave them,there,but thats just me.

smokey the elder
11-16-2004, 09:32 AM
OOh, cats paw stencils!:D

catlover4ever
11-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
OOh, cats paw stencils!:D

I would have to agree....I mean afterall if you were to go out and purchase cat paw stencils you would have to pay for them...but not here....you got them for free.

I have to share a short story about my neighbors cats. Rachael and her boyfriend Dave were mixing some cement to repair a crumbling stair outside the house. They made a temporary form to keep the cement from going all over the place. When they went back outside to check on the step Rachael noticed all these little paw prints.....you should see the stair....it is adorable. And please know that no kitty was harmed in the making of the stairs. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-16-2004, 11:11 AM
You have such good little helpers! :D

At least with this one we don't need to call in the detectives. ;) :D

catnapper
11-16-2004, 12:26 PM
I had to paint over their paw prints for two reasons - first because that was only the primer (if he had run across it on a later coat I would have kept it,) second, hubby thinks I'm too obsessed with my cats as it is, this only provide confirmations! :D

Though Allen left many paw prints on my stairs and window sill, I had stripped the old finish and stained it one night when hubby and the kids were out of town. I *thought* I locked Allen in the bedroom with me at night. When I woke in the morning, there were hundreds and hundreds of Allen paw prints up and down the stairs, on my winodw sill... everywhere. Many of them I didn't cover up. Then it was easy to tell who it did because back then, he was an only cat. ;)

QueenScoopalot
11-16-2004, 06:35 PM
That does look awfully cute though! I've given up attempting to paint around here lately. :rolleyes: Everyone ends up with the wall color etc. on them. Nawty little kitties! :D

dukedogsmom
11-16-2004, 06:47 PM
How cute! I wouldn't paint over that. I would leave it. Too cute and special to cover up.

jazzcat
11-16-2004, 10:15 PM
LOL!!! How cute!:D