PDA

View Full Version : Do you get your cats things for Christmas?

joanofark
11-15-2004, 03:03 PM
I was just wondering if anyone gave their cats presents for Christmas. If so, What do you get them?:o

I've never had a cat on Christmas.:( But this year I'll have HoBo so I was wondering what I could get him. We are going to Walmart soon to buy Material so I can sew HoBo a stocking!:D I thought it would be cute.:D:o Now all I have to do is find somthing to put in it! Any Ideas?:confused: ...:)...:o

PJ's Mom
11-15-2004, 03:07 PM
We usually get our cats something small. Little Christmassy catnip toys or something like that. :) Of course, being cats, they only look at the toys and turn away but at least we try. :D

hdeneise
11-15-2004, 03:10 PM
My cats have always eaten crunchy cat food (the vet says its better for their teeth) and their favorite Christmas treat is a can of moist cat food (or even better - tuna) and a bowl of egg-nog. They could care less about toys or catnip, but my fatties love food.

RedHedd
11-15-2004, 03:28 PM
Eggnog for cats? :eek: although I'm sure my two would probably try it if I poured it over my cereal.

Yes, my two get gifts at Xmas; usually more toys (just what they need! NOT!) :p and a treat of canned food or even turkey. Yes, they're spoiled and we like it that way!

They also have their own Xmas stockings and, of course, the cat-sized Santa hats and deer antlers which they hate, but I make them tolerate it for pictures. I know, mean meowmie! :D

NoahsMommy
11-15-2004, 03:53 PM
The cats usually get a cat tree from Santa, but we don't have room for anymore. So, they'll get spoiled with kitty toys. I've been buying one new kitty stocking eachyear, so now we have three to fill up. :)

Usually we buy them toys, treats and other play items. Its the time when we replenish the mousie supply as well.

That's cool you are making your own stocking. I'd love to see it when you are done. :)

Fox-Gal
11-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Of course they get gifts, they are my babies. :D

Here's what I ordered them so far. Hoping that they can share. :rolleyes: I'm also thinking about getting them this two level bed I found, on line.

Fox-Gal
11-15-2004, 03:59 PM
The bed: Not sure if they will use it though. :confused:

Craftlady
11-15-2004, 04:01 PM
Toys in their stockings. :)
If you saw their "toy chest" not another toy can fit in there. NOT:D

DogLover9501
11-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Yes :)

Emma is going to be getting a cat tree(hopefully)!

Emma is also getting a thing in the catalogue called "Cat Activity Center", here is the description:
"*Massager *Gum Stimulator *Body Stroke Groomer *Pressure Pads for Paws *Place for Catnip *20" l x 20" w x 3" h"

I found a picture a bit like it online, I'll attach it.

I don't know what to get Tigger :( Does anyone have any ideas for Christmas gifts for a cat who doesn't do much?

joanofark
11-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the posts everone:)
I'm going to get HoBo some nice toys probally.:D
And maybe if I have some Fabric left over I'll have to make him a ho ho hat.
Or I can do it the easy way and buy one:o

And I do have a Small Christmas tree that I usally put in my room, I'm sure it will be purrfect for a kitty tree:D:p

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
That's cool you are making your own stocking. I'd love to see it when you are done. :)

I'm going to try :p

Originally posted by DogLover9501
I don't know what to get Tigger :( Does anyone have any ideas for Christmas gifts for a cat who doesn't do much?

A really Soft bed?;)

lisalee
11-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Sash had a stocking last year, what can I say he's my kid!:D He gets toys, catnip anything I think may interest him. This year I want to get him the laser pointer, I've heard alot of good things about it. I'm also thinking about one of those tunnel sacks, since he loves plastic bags. And of course his favorite of all..................FOOD!!;)

catnapper
11-15-2004, 10:05 PM
Every year! They get catnip toys and small furry mice. Temptations treats for sure.

The best gift of all? the boxes left over from us unwrapping our gifts! :D

joanofark
11-16-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by lisalee
This year I want to get him the laser pointer, I've heard alot of good things about it.

We have one and all of our cats have liked it! EVEN THE DOGS!

mina'smomma
11-16-2004, 08:12 AM
We got Mina a kitten stocking, and she is getting a kennel, and my friend's fiance is making her a bed.

NKBurlington
11-16-2004, 08:38 AM
Our cat(s) have a stocking and we (and my MIL) fill it with toys, nip, etc.

lynnestankard
11-16-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by catnapper

The best gift of all? the boxes left over from us unwrapping our gifts! :D

Beat me to it Kim - exactly what I was going to say!!! Bagel's always in heaven on Christmas day - eating wrapping paper!!

Lynne

lady_zana
11-16-2004, 09:39 AM
I have three cats that each get a bag of their favorite toys each. Eepie gets sparkly balls. Grey Girl gets toy mice. Weezie gets jingly balls. Then all three of them share a large present. This year its a FloFountain. They make it so the water is always moving and it is suppose to stay fresher longer.