PDA

View Full Version : Lhapsa Apso-terrier mix in pic at agility test

susan carlyon
11-15-2004, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know of a breeder that combines this mix. I am looking for this dog.

Karen
11-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Try petfinder.org - most mixed breeds are "ooopsies," so shelters and petfinder are your best bet!

Giselle
11-15-2004, 11:25 PM
Hint: Stay away from breeders who breed mutts. Profits usually come first with them. Have you looked into a purebred Lhasa? Mixes can have varying temperaments and a pic in an agility test isn't a very good decision maker. And if you *do* go and buy a puppy, avoid pet stores. I second the notion for petfinder.org !

susan carlyon
11-16-2004, 07:00 AM
thank you for telling me what I already knew, but obviously needed very much to hear. In my grief of losing a little stray, i have been feeling rather desperate to find another lover dog. He was a combo lhasa apso mix w/terrier. I currently have a docile standard poodle and a mini poo that thinks he's the world's 1st "dogalete". My little stray was a mop dog, loverboy, and I miss him very, very much. You are right, however, in looking for a reputable breeder to find that little dog I am looking for. Thank you.

Giselle
11-16-2004, 11:53 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry. :( Well, you mentioned he was a stray dog? You know, I find that strays have the most love to give and are truly angels in fur. Perhaps, you should look into a shelter and see if a dog there just *clicks*. I know some people find peace by adopting an animal who *clicked* and reminded them of their RB dog. They very quickly came to think of the new dog as a friend sent to them from their RB dogs. Maybe you'll experience that magic :)

Tonya
11-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by susan carlyon
thank you for telling me what I already knew, but obviously needed very much to hear. In my grief of losing a little stray, i have been feeling rather desperate to find another lover dog. He was a combo lhasa apso mix w/terrier. I currently have a docile standard poodle and a mini poo that thinks he's the world's 1st "dogalete". My little stray was a mop dog, loverboy, and I miss him very, very much. You are right, however, in looking for a reputable breeder to find that little dog I am looking for. Thank you.

I am sorry about your loss. :( I can relate. I had a llapso apso-poodle mix, Scooter. He was the best dog I've ever had. He was loaded with personality. When he passed, we wanted a dog like him so badly. It only took two tries at the pound to find Skeeter. He's a dachund-cockermix, but his coloring and his eyes remind us so much of Scooter. No dog can ever replace Scooter, but Skeeter sure warms our hearts.

Petfinder.com is your best bet. You can search by the breeds.

Here is RB Scooter with my RB Christy:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p49ef26114a11b2b25a60394c885f1f7c/faa49a26.jpg
And here is my mom and Skeeter:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid98/p02eec29c09b0f7f9b1f4b4f3ac379377/fa01d1c7.jpg