PDA

View Full Version : Samantha - Stressed?

Vermontcat
11-15-2004, 12:13 PM
I had to take Samantha to the vets this morning because she was itching and scritching so much this past week and we didn't know why.
The vet said it was stress related, something she has had trouble with in the past.
We also weighed her and the good news is she went from 14.2 lbs down to 13.5 lbs!:D
Her new diet food is working.
She was also very good for me to pick her up and carry her to and from the scale.
Usually she hates to be held and cuddled.:p

Anyway, I find it hard to believe that she is stressed.
Take a look at these photos of her on her new catnip pad and purr pad and tell me if she looks stressed to you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/scnb1.jpg

I refuse to look at the camera.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/scnb2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/scnb5.jpg

Here is her very favorite place in the house, right in front of the dryer.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/sdry2.jpg
We moved her bed down to the laundry room because she was always sleeping there.
That's all the photos.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Oh Samantha sweetie, there is nothing to be stressed about! You look absolutely comfy on your new bed and purr pad. :D

Vermontcat, Peanut is the same way. I don't know how any cat could be less stressed than Peanut, but she licks the underside of her legs from stress, and when it's really bad her tummy gets bare too. I'm glad you took Samantha to the vet though. When they start getting up there in years like her, it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Tubby sends nose kissies and snuggles. Maybe that will make Samantha less stressed. ;)

kimlovescats
11-15-2004, 12:52 PM
Oh Samantha honey!!! Doesn't mommy know that stressed spelled backwards is *desserts*!!! Tell me a woman alive that doesn't get STRESSED on a diet!!!:rolleyes: Mommy, isn't there some sort of little lo-cal treat I can have? ;)

sirrahbed
11-15-2004, 01:05 PM
There is the kitty that makes me :D
Stress? I don't see any stress on that girl. Poor baby!! Could she have allergies or something like that? This is the time of year we are firing up heaters and stirring up all those domant molds...just a thought.

NKBurlington
11-15-2004, 01:24 PM
I wish I was that stressed!

mina'smomma
11-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Stressed? Isn't that desserts spelt backwards? Sam looks like she is just fine. Rather comfy.

slick
11-15-2004, 01:30 PM
I sure don't look like that when I'm stressed. I want a cup of what she's having. :D :D

Barbara
11-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Samantha girl you are very good in hiding your stress:)

Tigris says 13,5 lb is the purrfect weight because it's his;)

lizzielou742
11-15-2004, 07:12 PM
Samantha, glad to hear your diet is going well. You look fantastic!! :D

Vermontcat
11-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Samantha is hard at work stretched out relaxing on the floor in front of me right now.;)
I think she has earned a couple of cat treats since she has been on the diet for over 2 months now without any treats!

Barbara, I didn't realize that Tigris was such a big boy.
It's a good size for big hugs don't you think?;)

catnapper
11-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Awww, Samantha sweetie... Don't worry about the change of seasons, its now ok to wear white in the winter, so stop fretting about that beautiful white and black coat of yours - its the rage of fashion!

Logan
11-15-2004, 08:50 PM
All I can say is that Samantha obviously "internalizes" her stress! :p She looks quite relaxed to me!!!! :) She is just beautiful and I hope her "itchies" will leave her soon.

Logan

lynnestankard
11-16-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by slick
I sure don't look like that when I'm stressed. I want a cup of what she's having. :D :D

Me too!!!!

She looks so laid back! Hugs and kissies to sweet Samantha xxxx

Lynne

catmandu
11-16-2004, 08:56 AM
Cats,are stressed,easier,than you think,by new arrivals,Cat Or Human,or a change,in the routine.Right now,the Found ats,are stresssed,by the water cooler,that I bought them,as the motor makes a noise.WE are hoping,that Samantha,the Bewitching One,is soon back,to normal.

Cataholic
11-16-2004, 09:12 AM
Now, I want to be serious....stress is no fun. Has anything changed? Could it be dry skin from the heat being turned on for the winter? You do have your heat on, don't you? Cause if you don't...maybe that is stressing Sam out?:D

ramanth
11-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Samantha, with a cute black nose like that, how can you be stressed!?

Vermontcat
11-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the replies.
Update, it seems to be more allergy related, possibly to something she has been rubbing her head on in the laundry room.
Yesterday it was a little oozy behind her ear and she still shakes her head and itches.
The vet did check in her ears and test the stuff they swabbed out.
It just seemed to be waxy and not bug related.
The vets office was nice enough to call and check up on her tonight.
(I was going to call them tomorrow anyway since I have the day off.)
She said to try neosporin on her sore spot and to pick up some advantage tomorrow to see if that helps.
So Samantha is still a bit itchy but otherwise is fine.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-18-2004, 04:51 PM
Yeah! Way to Samantha!!! Want to come babysit Tubby now? ;) :D

I'd like to know how you guys find these wonderful vets that call you to follow up? I've had a call in about Tubby since about noon today and have had no response whatsoever. :rolleyes:

kimlovescats
11-18-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm relieved to know that our Samantha doesn't have anything too serious! Gentle scritchies behind the ear for you honey!!!;)