PDA

View Full Version : The final story about the Evarest Expedition...

moosmom
11-15-2004, 12:06 PM
My friend Mike Kodas' story appears in Northeast Magazine yesterday. It's quite long, but it'll definitely make the hair on your neck stand up.

This George dude is a monster who beat the living crap out of his wife while up on the mountain, and used intimidation and threats against the Connecticut team. Here's the link for those who are interested in reading it.

http://www.ctnow.com/news/local/northeast/hc-uphigh.artnov14b,1,7792262.htmlstory?coll=hc-headlines-northeast

There are also pictures ("View Photo Page"), one of which is team members carrying George's unconcious wife to safety after an argument.

Logan
11-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Thank you for the link, Donna. I spent most of the last hour or two reading this story. :eek: What a mess your friends endured. :( I'm sorry that things didn't work out better for them. I guess it definitely proves that one must truly "know" those that they are working with, especially in a perilous trip like this one.

Logan

ramanth
11-16-2004, 10:24 AM
It wants me to register, but I remember talking to you about this.

How horrible for the team to have to go thru that. :(

RICHARD
11-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Yikes.....

What a jerk......

What makes it even more scary is knowing the AH lives close by...

moosmom
11-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Kimmy,

Try clicking on it again. I did it, and it worked. If it requests you to sign in, use deploss and the password Mooman13. That should get you in. The picture of the women carrying George's wife unconscious after he beat the crap out of her is bone chilling.

ramanth
11-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Thanks Donna. :)

moosmom
11-16-2004, 04:30 PM
I just got a call from the editor of Northeast Magazine about the letter to the editor I wrote after reading the story. They're printing my letter. I'll post it when it's published.

Kimmy,

Glad you could finally get into it.