PDA

View Full Version : Results from the Winnipeg Dog Show

Miranda_Rae
11-15-2004, 09:44 AM
Well I thought we did good up there. :) We got 2 points. Yay! The first time I went into the ring I got a Blue Ribbon (first place) but I was the only one in the ring so it kind of didn't count. :o But my trainer told me that if the judge doesn't think that the dog is good enough for a blue ribbon he will give second or third place, or not a ribbon at all! :eek: Well then we went in again against the other bitches, and Heidi won Winners Bitch!! :D Two points! Yay! The we went up agains the male and we got Best of Opposite Sex. I totally liked the judge, he was so nice. I think he knew that I was a novice at it because he was like, "the back feet need to go back some more" etc. So yeah, fun fun. The second time I went in (with a different judge) I was nervous (i wasn't the first time for some reason) and I kind of rushed things, like I thought I had to hurry up and everything. Well I didn't get anything except I got a blue ribbon because I was the only one in that class again, but I guess it matters if you get a blue or not. Anyho, one of the ladies that I was going up against had been showing her dogs since she was four years old, and she is like 24 now, so she had a SLIGHT advantage. Well after I got out of that ring people came up giving me pointers and all this stuff, which totally flustered me more because the next time I went in the ring I was trying to do everything they said so I was more nervous than ever. I didn't get anything the third time I went in except for my blue ribbon (again the only one in my class-it was Open Female). The fourth time I went in I got Reserve Winners (I was WAY more relaxed, and it was a lot funner when I was relaxed and took my time) although the judge did tell me to quite fussing with Heidi once. :o He did say it nicely though. Then I did Junior Showmanship and that was fun. I didn't place in it but it was fun. I just forgot to do the courtesy turns, and do the dog between you and the judge on one corner. :o Oh well, I got a small bag of dog food and some candy (Canadian candy which was SO yummy! :p), and a ribbon. So that was my experience. My friends that I went up there with did REALLY well. My dog trainer lady won Winners Bitch in the Golden Retriever Specialty (she was SOOOO excited), and she started crying when she was talking to her husband on the phone later in the evening. She finished up there with her dog, Sara the Golden, and she she had like 14 or more points when you need 10 to become a Champ. Then my other friend with her Toller, he became a Champ up there too, and he won best of breed a few times. :) Yay, go Quincy! :p Then my other friend she was on a roll with her Lab in the obedience. She was SO beating everyone. So he got his title up there for obedience. My other friend with her Weim, she got best of puppy one time, but since the puppy was like only 6 months old, I don't think that they were picking Mary because of her age and the fact that she wasn't fully developed yet. :) Mary comes from one of the top Weim kennels. :) So yeah, it was a good weekend for everyone. Wow, this is super long. I should stop now before i bore you guys anymore. I think I will be getting pictures soon too! :D

Corinna
11-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Way too go girl. I knew you'd do well and that is a real good day. You and Hedi should be proud.

tatsxxx11
11-15-2004, 04:38 PM
Congratulatons to you and Heidi! What a great job you both did! I would have been SO nervous...I think you were very composed! And the experience gave you and Heidi both, a lot of experience! Next time you guys are going to do even better! You should be so proud of yourself and Heidi:) I'm so glad you had fun! Give that blue ribbon girl of yours a big hug for me! Yay, Heidi!!!:)

kimlovescats
11-15-2004, 04:53 PM
It sounds like you had a fun day, and learned alot in the process! Keep up the good work, and most of all, ENJOY your doggie!:D

Jods
11-15-2004, 04:56 PM
Yay I knew you 2 would do great!!:D

Miranda_Rae
11-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
I would have been SO nervous...I think you were very composed!

I was only nervous on about two of them because after I the second one a lady came up and gave me all this advice, and then the next time I was nervous trying to do all that she said. :o Oh well, it was fun though! :D

KYS
11-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Congratulations,
I am so happy for you and proud too.
I would be to chicken to go out in front people.
Give Heidi a great big hug for me for being
such a good girl.

dogs_4_me
11-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Congratulations! You and Heidi did great!