PDA

View Full Version : Kurby's Big Adventure

K & L
11-15-2004, 07:49 AM
Kurby wanted out of his bathroom suite yesterday. He roamed and hissed, but seems to be feeling somewhat comfortable around everyone. And better yet, all the other cats seem to accept him!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p7610a8094b3dd6215418914e69411362/f64441d2.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/pad4a55df7a632f3975839890cbd826c9/f64441d4.jpg

sirrahbed
11-15-2004, 07:53 AM
Oh my Lisa! This is great news! Wonderful to hear that Kurby has been instantly accepted like this. He really is looking good, too. Of course he has to hiss and spit a bit don't you think?:p I think he looks amazing and right at home:D

catmandu
11-15-2004, 08:17 AM
That is great,that your Cats,are like The Found Cats,and they seem,to accept all the New Cats,with a great deal,of acceptance,and love!

QueenScoopalot
11-15-2004, 08:40 AM
WOW!! :eek: :eek: :eek: None of his body language in any of the pictures, says feral! Are you sure he was feral to begin with? My dear old girl Cookie acted feral for several years, and outwitted every attempt to trap her, until I out smarted her at last. By then she was deaf with a permanent head tilt from a severe inner ear infection, and had multiple litters of kittens which she couldn't defend while newborns. The night I got her in (with 4-2 week olds) she acted like she had always lived inside. Scared and unsure at first, but never did the belly crawl to safety anywhere. Kurby looks remarkable! ;) I'd like to be able to say give him a kiss for me...but maybe just an air kiss for now! :D

K & L
11-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
WOW!! :eek: :eek: :eek: None of his body language in any of the pictures, says feral! Are you sure he was feral to begin with? My dear old girl Cookie acted feral for several years, and outwitted every attempt to trap her, until I out smarted her at last. By then she was deaf with a permanent head tilt from a severe inner ear infection, and had multiple litters of kittens which she couldn't defend while newborns. The night I got her in (with 4-2 week olds) she acted like she had always lived inside. Scared and unsure at first, but never did the belly crawl to safety anywhere. Kurby looks remarkable! ;) I'd like to be able to say give him a kiss for me...but maybe just an air kiss for now! :D

Yes, he was definitely feral. He was in the park as a kitten. We had TNR'd him years ago, but as years went by he was letting my husband pet him on occasion. The majority of our cats were at one time feral.

Tonya
11-15-2004, 09:57 AM
That is so wonderful! He is such a beautiful cat.

jenluckenbach
11-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Kurby, you sure are one of the lucky ones! :D:D:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by K & L
Kurby wanted out

Kurby wanted out!?!?! Already?!!?! Way to go Kurby!!!:D :D :D

I have to agree that he certainly doesn't look scared at all! Curious if anything, and doesn't even seem to pay the other cats any mind at all.

Is that Avon in the last pic? If so :eek: :eek: she has certainly grown and filled out! But she doesn't seem the least bit fazed by the newcomer. :D

K & L
11-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Kurby wanted out!?!?! Already?!!?! Way to go Kurby!!!:D :D :D

I have to agree that he certainly doesn't look scared at all! Curious if anything, and doesn't even seem to pay the other cats any mind at all.

Is that Avon in the last pic? If so :eek: :eek: she has certainly grown and filled out! But she doesn't seem the least bit fazed by the newcomer. :D

Yes he actually wanted out! Probably getting stir crazy! It's funny cause when he's walking around if we walk up to him he hisses and runs! (keep in mind we have a zoom camera) I still consider this a MAJOR progress! I think with time Kurby is going to fit right in, and even let us love him!

Yes, that's Avon! None of the cats have been fazed at all. It might be Kurby's warning hisses!:D

Barbara
11-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Hey Kurby- what a great guy you are walking around in that house as if you belonged there.

What do I say? "as if"??????

As if there could be any doubt:D :D :D

Way to go Kurby, you rock:D

jazzcat
11-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Wow, that is amazing. Way to go Kurby and Lisa, you guys must have the magic touch. Is Kurby letting you pet him now too?

K & L
11-15-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Wow, that is amazing. Way to go Kurby and Lisa, you guys must have the magic touch. Is Kurby letting you pet him now too?

When he's secluded in the bathroom he'll let Kevin go up to him. He still runs behind the toilet when we open the door. He is making progress though!

Grace
11-15-2004, 11:14 AM
How exciting!! He looks so natural in your kitchen - almost as if he's saying, ''It's about time they invited me over for dinner''.

And he doesn't seem to be having any post-op problems?

kimlovescats
11-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Oh Lisa ... this is sooooooooo fantastic!!! I know he will make it! :D

Catsnclay
11-15-2004, 12:08 PM
Gee.....I thought we were told that feral's can only be tamed when caught very young. :rolleyes:

Way to go Kurby, Bo and the rest of the "feral's" that proved that theory wrong!! :eek:

K & L
11-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Catsnclay
Gee.....I thought we were told that feral's can only be tamed when caught very young. :rolleyes:

Way to go Kurby, Bo and the rest of the "feral's" that proved that theory wrong!! :eek:

That's for sure! It just takes time and patience, and of course some tame up easier and better than others! Paisley for instance still acts semi-feral. She'll only come out at feeding time and let you pet her. Then look at Bo! She was born in the park and lived there for a few years. Now she's like she was always at the house!

rg_girlca
11-15-2004, 05:54 PM
By gosh, look at him, walking around like he has been there the whole time.

Kurby, you are one beautiful cat and you should appreciate the help and care that you have been so lucky to get, so try and be a little more friendly to your new found friends okay. Well, at least take a few more days to think about it.

That's great Lisa that your cats are so accepting of him. Hopefully that will make the intros go easier.