PDA

View Full Version : Ouch......

pitc9
11-15-2004, 07:19 AM
I can't thank you all enough for your prayers and good thoughts.
Sorry I didn't check in sooner, but I was in so much pain, today is the first day I am able to sit up without the feeling of my head blowing up.

It took SEVEN tried before the Dr's could find the fluid needed to withdrawal for the testing. SEVEN!!!!!!:eek: The first Dr tried 3 times with a 3 inch needle, then told the nurse that he needed a 6 inch needle:eek:. He still couldn't get it, so he called in another Dr. and he got it on his 3rd try. It took so long that they had to numb me up a total of 4 times!!!!!! It should have taken 15 - 20 mins, I was on the table being jabbed for an hour!!!
I had 11 shots in my back total!!

I could not have imagined it being any worse than it was.

But they got what they needed, and found what they were looking for (a high pressure reading to confirm what I have)
So... I'll be on Diamox for about a year to reduce the pressure in my brain.
I just thank God that it's over... well.. all I have left is a MRI on Wednesday. After what I went through Friday, a MRI will be NOTHING!!!

Thank you all again!!

Logan
11-15-2004, 07:23 AM
Oh Angie! :eek: I'm sorry it ended up being so rough on you, but you got hte answers, and I agree with you, I think that the MRI will be a breeze!

I'm so glad you're ok, but so sorry that you have felt so terrible since the test. Hope you have a great day today! :)

slick
11-15-2004, 07:23 AM
Thanks for checking in Angie. I can't imagine how awful that must have been. I'm getting shivers just thinking about it. Take care and let us know how the MRI goes.

Jods
11-15-2004, 08:20 AM
Phew glad thats over... Sorry you went through so much pain... I'll be keeping you in my thoughts that the pain goes away and the MRI goes well.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-15-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm sorry that this was so hard for you :eek: !! OMG, that doctor sure was NOT very professional, I think! The same test on me, about 3 weeks ago, did NOT hurt at all, and was over in about 5 minutes!! I bet you're glad it is over, hey! Please, don't think that ALL doctors are like that, okay:)

lynnestankard
11-15-2004, 09:22 AM
So sorry it went so badly Angie - glad your managing to move about now - as you say after all this - an MRI will be a walk in the park! {{{Hugs}}}}

Lynne

Barbara
11-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Oh Angie- that sounds much worse than the standard bad experience:(

The MRI is not exactly fun but it will be a peanut compared to this -and it doesn't hurt!

Wish you a good recovery with the furries:)

Lilith Cherry
11-15-2004, 09:33 AM
Oooh that sounds icky!! I am glad for your sake it is over. I hope the medicine will help you feel much better! Don't worry, MRIs are painless!

Lilith

Tonya
11-15-2004, 09:59 AM
I am glad that you got the worst part of it over. That sounds miserable!

NoahsMommy
11-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Oh my! All of that sounds absolutely horrible! :(

I'm glad its over though, and they know how to treat you.

jazzcat
11-15-2004, 11:06 AM
OMG, that sounds horrible. So sorry but glad it's behind you now.

(((HUGS)))

carole
11-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Oh Angie that sounds just awful, you poor girl, I so wish there were better painless ways of doing things like that, I now know what my 4 yr old went through, I did not know about the headache afterwards, but She did complain of having a sore back for some days, like backache, how is yours doing today?

I am sorry it went worse than you expected, and am glad it is all over with now, so just you get some TLC and treat yourself to something nice when you feel up to it, Take care and HUGS.:)

RobiLee
11-15-2004, 01:58 PM
{{HUGS}} for you, Angie. Sorry to hear that it didn't go very well. Sounds very painful. At least it is out of the way now.

All my best...Robin

AmberLee
11-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Welcome back. So sorry that your experience was so awful. {{{gentle hugs}}} and prayers that your healing be quick.

chocolatepuppy
11-15-2004, 06:27 PM
Ouch is right , that does sound painful, hope you get to feeling better soon! :)

Holly's mom
11-15-2004, 06:33 PM
I'm so glad you got through your ordeal and found out what they needed. Hope you feel better soon! ((((Hugs))))

Cincy'sMom
11-15-2004, 06:45 PM
Sorry that things went so rough for you! Hope you are feeling better soon, and that the findings of the procedure will make it worth the trouble.

KYS
11-15-2004, 07:13 PM
That sounded painfull.
The MRI will be a piece of cake after that.
(((HUGS)))