PDA

View Full Version : Help with Graphics Images!!!

kimlovescats
11-14-2004, 10:29 PM
I use PSP 7, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why my perfectly clear graphics, end up looking blurry and smeared after I safe them in .jpg format! I am getting sooooooo frustrated!!!
Any experts care to figure this out for me?

:eek: ;)

Dogz
11-14-2004, 10:31 PM
I use PSP7, but this doesn't happen to me. :confused:

Does it do that when it is in a different format?

Does it help if you "Sharpen" the image?

Good luck, I am sorry that I couldn't help you more.

kimlovescats
11-14-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Dogz
I use PSP7, but this doesn't happen to me. :confused:

Does it do that when it is in a different format?

Does it help if you "Sharpen" the image?

Good luck, I am sorry that I couldn't help you more.

It's doing it in .gif format too? Do you work in layers, or all in one layer? I'm beginning to think it has something to do with when I use a bunch of layers?

Thanks!;)

Dogz
11-14-2004, 10:35 PM
I use many layers, too.

When you are done making the signature (or whatever you are making) go to Layer > Merge > All (Flatten).

You do not want to flatten all if you are working with Transparent Layers. Then you would Merge Visible.

Does that help? :o

kimlovescats
11-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Dogz
I use many layers, too.

When you are done making the signature (or whatever you are making) go to Layer > Merge > All (Flatten).

You do not want to flatten all if you are working with Transparent Layers. Then you would Merge Visible.

Does that help? :o

Hmmm, that whole transparent thing has always baffled me ... that might be what the problem is. I'll have to try it both ways!
Thanks so much!

Kim

Cookiebaker
11-14-2004, 10:40 PM
I don't work with PSP, so I don't know if it is the same. But with the program I use, it automatically sets a "new" document to a really low resolution, and I have to manually change it. I think it is automatically at 72 dpi, and I change it to 300-400 dpi. I hope that helps! :)

Karen
11-14-2004, 10:43 PM
When you save it as a jpg, check the amount of compression you are using. The more compression, the smaller the file and the worse it will look.

kimlovescats
11-14-2004, 10:51 PM
Thank you all so much ... I have definitely determined it has to do with the compression. However, when I upload it to Imagestation, it loses quality. When it shows the "original file" it looks great ... but that isn't the one you can link to! :rolleyes:
Any other suggestions? Don't you have to link a URL to have a sig on PT?

dukedogsmom
11-15-2004, 11:13 AM
Mine get blurred sometimes, too. I always resize, then sharpen using Irfanview. Free download www.irfanview.com

kimlovescats
11-15-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Mine get blurred sometimes, too. I always resize, then sharpen using Irfanview. Free download www.irfanview.com

I downloaded it ... now let's hope I can figure it out!

Thanks!;)

zippy-kat
11-15-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Karen
When you save it as a jpg, check the amount of compression you are using. The more compression, the smaller the file and the worse it will look.

Ditto that! :)
Also wanted to add that, .jpgs lose quality every time you open the file. Make sure to save your versions/pieces "in progress" in .psp and make the final version a .jpg.

And, unfortunately imagestation doesn't retain pic quality all that well... at least not online. (I've ordered pics from them and am VERY impressed with the service/quality.)