PDA

View Full Version : Xmas tv commercials ...

ChrisH
11-14-2004, 04:06 PM
... for gifts, food, everything! Have they started in your country too? I'm just so tired of them already.

Chris

Dogz
11-14-2004, 04:44 PM
I haven't too many, yet. I'm not looking forward to it either, Chris! :p

catnapper
11-14-2004, 04:47 PM
Goodness yes! And they play them every commercial break. I am going to scream if I see that DUMB Old Navy commmercail again. And Virgin cell phone comercial.

ChrisH
11-15-2004, 12:44 PM
The Christmas lights have already been switched on in London's Regent Street.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Nope, I haven't seen any yet (thank goodness!!).
Maybe that's because here, we have Saint Nicolas first, which comes on December 6th :)

Samantha Puppy
11-15-2004, 12:56 PM
I saw the first Christmas commercial on November 1st. I remember saying to my husband, "Dear God - yesterday was Halloween and now they have Christmas commercials on!" They're not on full-force yet but I see at least two an hour.

lizzielou742
11-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
And Virgin cell phone comercial.

Is that the one about "christmahannakwanzakah" or whatever? That one was cute the first 500 times I heard it!!!! &^%U^%$^%

hee hee

slick
11-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Actually, I don't mind the Christmas commercials. What gets me is all the same Christmas music playing on every radio station in town. Don't get me wrong; I love Christmas music, but they start playing them on December 1 and it's never ending. How many times can I hear Jingle Bell Rock before my head explodes! :eek:

Logan
11-15-2004, 02:24 PM
The radio alarm went off on Sunday morning a little after 7 am.......and they were doing a "Christmas" preview!!!! :eek: It was Christmas music, already! And last week, in Old Navy, when Helen and I were shopping, they were already playing Christmas music. :eek: It just seems a little early to me, but next week is Thanksgiving, so maybe it is time and we're just not ready!

We're likely to be decorating in just a couple of weeks!