PDA

View Full Version : Kitten-watching

Lacey
11-13-2004, 04:27 PM
I'm fixing to head outside to watch for kittens. I think tonight is just going to be watching and not catching so I can get an idea of how many there are. Though if any can be lured into grabbing range, I'll see if I can't catch 'em. Somehow I doubt that'll happen tonight. I will take the camera out at least and try for some pics of the little gooberheads.

Lacey
11-13-2004, 05:33 PM
No sign of them tonight, and it's now dark enough that I don't feel comfortable being out there by myself. But if the kittens do come around, they've got a bit of food out waiting for them. I'll try watching again tomorrow night - same cat time, same cat channel.

jazzcat
11-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Good luck tomorrow night. I hope it doesn't get real cold there tonight. It's suppose to be freezing here but I'm a little north of you.

catcrazylady
11-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Better luck tomorrow Lacey but I commend you for what you are doing. With the miracle you worked with Mowgli I know you can do it again! Keep this up girlfriend and you are going to have a herd like mine!!!;) :D

catmandu
11-14-2004, 01:00 PM
We love,to Kitten Wtch TOO

catmandu
11-14-2004, 01:23 PM
We wish,you well,with the Kitten Watching,as we love Watching Kittens,too as long,as its not R&T,who lands,on Poor Mooses head.

catnapper
11-14-2004, 02:35 PM
Good luck tonight! Did you take food with you to lure the near you? You don't have to grab them tonight, but if they got used to the idea of you there, and you = food, it mightmake your job easier

Lacey
11-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Yep, I did take out some food. Not stinky wet food. I haven't been by the grocery to pick some up yet. Just plain dry. I did go out a few more times to check out the bowl. No kittens, but there was a kitty chowing down. Definitely a bit older than the kittens I've been seeing and not terribly afraid. It wouldn't let me near, but it didn't flee either. Just kept its distanced and watched me while I crouched there and went, "Pretty pretty.... Here pretty kitty... Such a pretty pretty.... (etc.)" I suspect that one might be a pet gone wild.

sirrahbed
11-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Best of luck with your kitten watching tonight, Lacey. Dress warmly!!