PDA

View Full Version : Houston's Animal cruelty is up

sammy101
11-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Can you believe it!:mad: My mom told me this yesterday,that its up like 115%!:eek: I guess that happens when you live in a huge city:(
But the good thing is that theyre showing more of it on the News and TV,and the general public is learning more and more on how important this is,and what terrible things people can do these days:( :mad:

guineapiggie13
11-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Oh No!:( Keep your pets safe and watch out for those people....

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-13-2004, 07:08 PM
That's awful:( I watched a show called Animal Cops: Houston today, it was so sad:(

christa
11-13-2004, 08:01 PM
I can't watch Animal Cops . . . I end up crying my eyes out EVERY TIME!!!

leslie
11-16-2004, 12:42 AM
It's not just huge cities...it's in the boonies --that's where the puppie mills are, etc- oh, and the chicken fighters too- they fight the chickens till they are near death then kick them and give them drugs so that they fight in spite of blood loss- while spewing blood everywhere and men are drinking and yelling and tossing things at them! and imagine what dog fights look like when they throw in a kitten or puppy to kill!- these things happen everywhere- it's about betting and making money..The chicken fights are culturally specific to Mexicans. They say they need to do this to live- it's a generational livelihood and how dare we take this away from them. (I THINK I am right about it being Mexican- anyone who can correct me, feel free, I heard the story on national public radio many years ago- our govt.'s hands were somewhat tied at the time. A simple google search would probably update us... Don't think I want to know though.