PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help find him a home?

Uabassoon
11-12-2004, 02:54 PM
My friend Emma and her girlfriend found this guy on the side of the road, the kids in the neighborhood were poking him and being mean so they put him in the car and brought him home. He was starving and very dehydrated when they found them. So far they haven't found his home, so they are going to try looking for a good home for him. I've emailed the shelter I got Tibby from to ask if they could put a petfinder ad, we are also going to make flyers and put them up at the local vets offices. Hopefully we can find him a good home, he is such a sweet boy.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf33b3127cceaa2be932c52b0000001610

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf33b3127cceaa2be924c53d0000001610

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf33b3127cceaa2be92144080000001610

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf33b3127cceaa2be92cc5350000001610

You can see in this picture he has an abcess on his mouth, they are going to take him in to the vet to have it looked at.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf33b3127cceaa2be92b44020000001610

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf33b3127cceaa2be91144380000001610

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf33b3127cceaa2be91ac5030000001610

If anyone here is intersted in him let me know!

GraciesMommy
11-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Isn't he beautiful? He looks pretty healthy otherwise...I wonder if some one is looking for him? Poor baby...

Uabassoon
11-12-2004, 03:01 PM
I wonder if some one is looking for him?

We are all wondering that too, but so far there has been no luck in finding his owners. Hopefully they can be found, if not he'll be going to a new home. However, he has not been fixed yet so I wonder what kind of home he did come from.

heinz57_79
11-12-2004, 03:01 PM
He's a handsome guy! Dane/Pit I'm thinking... I wish I could take him. :) I hope it all works out for the boy.

aly
11-12-2004, 03:03 PM
WHAT A BIG SWEETHEART! Oh my heart is breaking for him. Please hug your friends and thank them for saving his life. I am so glad they got him away from those kids!!!!!!!!

I wish you the best of luck in finding him a home. I WISH I could take him. He looks SOOOO SWEET!

Uabassoon
11-12-2004, 06:19 PM
We at least have a little good news. The lady at the shelter I adopted Tibby from said she will put up a petfinder ad for him. So I'm going to email her some pictures. Hopefully someone will see him and fall in love with him.

Tonya
11-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Oh my gosh! He isn't going to have any trouble finding a home. He is sooo adorable! I called my aunt in Phoenix and she said she can't right now. She's gotten the reputation for being an animal lover, so people have been abandoning dogs and cats at their house. Right now she said they have 9 dogs. :rolleyes:

lizbud
11-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Aww, he has such sweet,kind looking eyes. He's a good looking
doggie.:) I do hope he finds his new family, he could be a great
and loyal family member. Good luck big guy.:)

Cincy'sMom
11-12-2004, 07:25 PM
What a cutie!! He reminds me of Deli's Joey!

Maybe there some American Bulldog there?

Goodluck finding his owners or a new home!

delidog
11-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Oh MY DOG!!!!!!!!!!
Cincys'Mom.....You read My Mind....I am lucky that he is in Az....
Unfortunately,He is not...and still needs a home....He could be a Bookend with My Joey!!!!!!
He is Beautiful!!!!!
Uabassoon....Please tell me that he has found a Good Home...Please don't Make Me Drive To Arizona.......

Heres' a shot of Joey

delidog
11-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Please let me Know that He has Found a good Home...
His Surrogate Brother sends His best Wishes!!!

Cincy'sMom
11-12-2004, 08:32 PM
He and Joey would be great bookends!! They even have they "big" black patch on opposite eyes...mirror images of one another!!

delidog
11-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Hes' a Danemation if I've Ever Seen One!!!!!

Notice The Spot at the base of His Tail!!!!!

Just Precious!!!!

delidog
11-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Oh,Uabassoon...I keep going back and looking at his pics,then Looking at Joey.....
I Beg You...Please Find him a Good Home....My Heart Strings are Stretched the 2000 miles it takes to get to Arizona!!!!

Yes, Cincys'Mom.....Their Eye Patches are Mirror Images!!!!;) :)

Uabassoon
11-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Wow! They really do look so much alike! My friends and I are going to do the best to find him a great home. My friend and her partner have already fallen in love with him and have said they will keep him if they can't find him the best home. They could take wonderful care of him, but they know that he needs a home where he can get more attention. He also scares their cats, he's actually really good with them but they are just afraid of him because he's so large.

Fox-Gal
11-12-2004, 11:11 PM
OMG they are twins.

Come on Delidog, how much do you think it would cost to fly him to Florida? Just imagine what life would be like with twins in the house. :D ;)

I do hope he finds a good home soon, he's to cute not to. I'd take him in a sec if I didn't have 6 already. That face is just to cute, should make anyone want him.

delidog
11-13-2004, 06:09 AM
Oh Foxgal!!!!!!
The Temptation is SOOOO Great!!!!!
John will Kill me if I get another dog....Ya' think I could sneek a quick trip to tuscon and Back,Bring in a new Pupper,and He not notice???? ;)

I wonder if Tears would work??

cloverfdx
11-13-2004, 07:00 AM
Oh wow he is gorgeous :D. Goodluck in finding the big fella a home, if Emma cannot keep him ;).

lute
11-13-2004, 10:05 AM
awwww....i hope they find him a great home soon!.....or.....he looks pretty happy where he is right now!:D he's a beautiful dog!!!

Karen
11-13-2004, 10:14 AM
That face just says "love me!" doesn't it! I hope either his owners are found - maybe he got lost? - or he gets a new loving home. He certainly has some training, and knows how to use those eyes to great effect!

dukedogsmom
11-13-2004, 10:21 AM
He is so gorgeous! I wish I could take him. I wish delidog could take him! I can't believe how much those two look alike.

jazzcat
11-13-2004, 12:05 PM
What a great looking dog. I hope he finds a great furever home.

4 Dog Mother
11-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Oh, my gosh, he does look like Joey! Maybe Carl will go get him for you Nicole - oh, but then he might keep him and that wouldn't do would it?

RottiMommy49
11-13-2004, 05:10 PM
Oh if he was closer and in canada there would be no problem getting him a forever home. There is a wonderfull lady who would have him placed in a matter of hours. he is absolutely sweet looking. Give him a kiss and big hug from me please and tell him how cute he is for me.:D

Deb, Monty and Kiki:)

RottiMommy49
11-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by delidog
Oh Foxgal!!!!!!
The Temptation is SOOOO Great!!!!!
John will Kill me if I get another dog....Ya' think I could sneek a quick trip to tuscon and Back,Bring in a new Pupper,and He not notice???? ;)

I wonder if Tears would work??

Tears work everytime.....men hate to see women cry. LOL

go for it!!:D :D

Deb:)

LorraineO
11-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Oh MY DOG!!!!!!!!!!
Cincys'Mom.....You read My Mind....I am lucky that he is in Az....
Unfortunately,He is not...and still needs a home....He could be a Bookend with My Joey!!!!!!
He is Beautiful!!!!!
Uabassoon....Please tell me that he has found a Good Home...Please don't Make Me Drive To Arizona.......

Heres' a shot of Joey

ARE YOU NUTS!!! DRIVE YER BUTT THERE!!!!!!!!!:)

Uabassoon
11-13-2004, 06:13 PM
The weather is really nice in Arizona, perfect for a roadtrip :)

delidog
11-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Uabassoon,
Hows' the Boy Wonder Today????
Has he wormed his way into the hearts of his Foster Parents yet???
Good Boy!!!!!! ;)
4,5,6, DogMom.....Sure Have Carl take a ride out there!!!
You Personally know What a Sweetie Joey is...and How much Carl Enjoyed him....Now when you have 6 Dogs,Is there any difference to 7???? ;)

Dukedogsmom...I know,I wish I could have him...Joey would Love him!!!!

LorraineO....I Know....I need a Road Trip!!!! Get My Butt Out There!!....
Awwww There goes those Heartstrings again!!!!

How is he with the Kitties today???? Is he fitting right in???

delidog
11-14-2004, 05:12 AM
Any news on that Precious Pup???

Uabassoon
11-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Still no luck on finding him a home :( but hopefully that will change soon.

molucass
11-14-2004, 04:49 PM
He's such a gorgeous boy!

I think he has some great dane in him as well.

Good luck finding him a furever home!

delidog
11-14-2004, 04:55 PM
Are his Foster Parents Falling for Him????

Uabassoon
11-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Are his Foster Parents Falling for Him????

I just got off the phone with my friend Emma. She seems to be a little frustrated with him because he is upseting the cats. I assured her that eventually they will learn to tolerate or at least ignore him. He isn't aggressive towards them at all, just a little curious but he hasn't tried to harm or chase them at all. Her parter Susan and neice are both in love with him. I think a part of them is hoping we don't find the perfect home, but I know if a perfect home is found they will adopt him out. If we don't find the right home then Emma and the cats will have to learn to live with him because there is no way Susan will adopt him out to anyone that isn't able to take the best care of him.

delidog
11-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Boy Did He luck out!!!!

Emma & The Kitties will come around!!!!

I am Soooo Glad that he fell into the Right Hands,and that they will be careful of Who they adopt him to!!!!!

Please Keep us updated!!!

Pictures are Good!!!! Too!!

lizzielou742
11-14-2004, 08:16 PM
I hope your friends can find him a home. :( I'd love to rescue a doggie, but my current living situation won't allow it. I'm renting an apartment that doesn't allow dogs (shhhh, we're not really supposed to have cats either, hee hee. ;) Don't worry though, if we get caught with the cats, all we have to do is pay the cat deposit and back cat rent). Anyway I really hope he finds a home soon!!! :(

delidog
11-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Me Too!!!
Otherwise,I'm going to Have to make a Road Trip!!!!
To get HIM!!!

Cincy'sMom
11-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Me Too!!!
Otherwise,I'm going to Have to make a Road Trip!!!!
To get HIM!!!

Ummm...wasn't there just a thread about flying with dogs....

My aunt and uncle are visiting at Thanksgiving from Arizona. Dad will be home at the same time, and then returning to Florida...hmmmmmm..........

zaylagrey
11-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Delidog I think you should take him then you'll have a matching pair. :D

delidog
11-15-2004, 06:12 AM
Cincys'Mom...You & 4,5,6 Dog Mom...Are bad Influences...;) :) :D

Oh I hope he finds a Home!!

Cincy'sMom
11-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Cincys'Mom...You & 4,5,6 Dog Mom...Are bad Influences...;) :) :D

We try our best :D

delidog
11-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Yes You Do...and it Runs in the Family!!!!!

If you could have Seen Dad w/Joey...you'd get it!!!! ;)
it was Love at first Lick!!! ;)

I just have to Make Sure that This Beautiful Boy Gets a Fabulous Home!!!

leslie
11-15-2004, 11:23 PM
Was he checked for a microchip!? And regarding transporting to a new home, that is no problem. if you all are interested in adopting him (anyone out there) I joined some transport groups to move Lucky and Louie from Louisiana to Boston- turns out they are primarily moving dogs. Like more than daily. I get many emails a day and if anyone wants to adopt this cutie and needs help moving him, I can send you links so you can set up a transport of people who just do this for fun/love and rescue. It's totally volunteer. No one will charge you for gasoline etc. You will however need vaccination papers and a kennel and leash so he can go outside to poop and pee. And dishes. Each leg (driver) is instructed on what they need. If you think he is ok without a kennel, say so. It likely depends on the disposition of the dog and if the transport includes other dogs, puppies, kittens etc. And , in fact, the southwest is often on the emails I see and I have to delete them as I get like at least 50 to 100 daily total.

luckies4me
11-15-2004, 11:25 PM
I am looking for another dog to add to the family so Freckles could have a friend. Can you please email me some more information? [email protected]

We are specifically looking for a pit/pit mix. I am VERY serious about this. We have been strolling through shelters for the past month. :(

delidog
11-16-2004, 04:03 AM
Oh...Theres' Hope!!!

4 Dog Mother
11-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Hope for what - that we can get a transport going so you can have him???? Yes, yes, yes!!! After all, what's one more dog? Isn't that something I heard someone ask me???

delidog
11-16-2004, 10:54 PM
"Hangs Head"...Yes, You heard that from Me!!!
I was thinking that There is Hope if Luckiesforme would be able to adopt him...He would Still be on Pet Talk...

So Tell Me the Secret...How do you keep getting More dogs??? With Carls' Aproval???
I think John is at hos Limit....
Otherwise I would have Already Driven to Get That Beautiful Boy!!!
I SOOOO wish that I could Take Him!!!

luckies4me
11-17-2004, 07:58 PM

I was thinking that There is Hope if Luckiesforme would be able to adopt him...He would Still be on Pet Talk...

Ubassoon and I have been talking via PM's in order to establish whether or not he would be a good fit for us. Since we already have one dog I want to make sure he is non agressive towards other dogs. Since he is a puppy I think he would make an awesome playmate for Freckles! :)

delidog
11-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Oh I am Sooooo Happy!!!
Yes, Puppy is Good!!!!!
Greater Adaptation!!!!
Oh I do Hope that you take him!!!
Freckles Will Love a Baby Brother!!!!
Please keep me updated!!!!
Thanks

delidog
11-20-2004, 05:53 AM
Any Word on The Pupper???

Hows' it Going Luckies for Me??

lute
11-20-2004, 10:57 AM
that's exciting! i hope it works out luckiesforme! another PT baby!:D

luckies4me
11-20-2004, 03:07 PM
She hasn't replied to my second PM yet. :/

4 Dog Mother
11-20-2004, 06:21 PM
So Tell Me the Secret...How do you keep getting More dogs??? With Carls' Aproval???

Umm, let's see, no Carl doesn't approve but he doesn't stop me either. He wasn't crazy when I talked him in to driving over to Green Springs (about an hour from here) to see Snoopy nor was he very happy when we brought him home. And since Snoopy is still not a very calm dog, I think he wishes he had said a big NO! I am not exactly sure how he let me talk him in driving over 200 miles to get Jack. The strange part there was that he said he didn't like Airdales, there was no way he was getting an airedale and then when we saw the condition Jack was in and Jack come up to HIM first and rubbed up against him trying to get him to pet him he was the one that wouldn't leave without him. Now he is the one sold on airdales!!!!:D

Pippi - well, you know Carl has been in Florida for 15 months now and I am the one handling everything including dogs back here so when I said I was keeping her(and letting him know my sister would help pay for things with her because SHE wanted me to keep her), well, what could he say? Of course, I did not expect him back her so soon for good anyway. But they seem to be getting along soo......

The only thing I can tell you is men don't really know what they want. Carl hated it everyone time I added one and then when he moved to Florida he made me promise not to get rid of any of them! I am sure if you added another John would not like it at first but probably fall in love quickly too!

rizzy
11-20-2004, 06:31 PM
Oh I really hope you can have him! Keep us updated!:D

delidog
11-21-2004, 06:57 AM
Any News on the Cutie-Petutie??

luckies4me
11-21-2004, 07:21 AM
I'm waiting for another PM. :) I think the people who found her may decide to keep her, though I am waiting to here back. I'll keep ya posted, no worries. ;)

Uabassoon
11-21-2004, 12:30 PM
I still need to talk with Emma's partner Susan. Last time I talked to her she said that she wanted to find him a home, however she's been fixing up her fence for him! She's been adding a gate and all sorts of stuff for him. So now I'm wondering if she wants to keep him, I mean you don't go around putting up a fence for a dog that you are trying to rehome LOL.

lizbud
11-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I still need to talk with Emma's partner Susan. Last time I talked to her she said that she wanted to find him a home, however she's been fixing up her fence for him! She's been adding a gate and all sorts of stuff for him. So now I'm wondering if she wants to keep him, I mean you don't go around putting up a fence for a dog that you are trying to rehome LOL.

Sounds like that sweet fella has already moved into someone's
heart.:D All paws crossed here, that he doesn't have to wait or
move far to find his forever family.:)

luckies4me
11-21-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Sounds like that sweet fella has already moved into someone's
heart.:D All paws crossed here, that he doesn't have to wait or
move far to find his forever family.:)

Agreed! It sounds like someone is smitten already! hehe It would be less stressful on the guy if he was able to stay where he is now.

delidog
11-22-2004, 04:46 AM
That is Great!!!!
Actions Do speak Louder then Words!!!! ;)

Though I would love for someone at Pet Talk to have him,I am more glad that he is happy,and doesn't have to go through the stress of moving again....Like Luckiesforme said....

But Maybe we could get them to Join Pet Talk!!! ;),:)

Would Love to see more Pics of the Boy Wonder!!!!
Have they Stuck on a Name yet????

Remember,if you Name Him,You Have to Keep Him!!!!!! ;)

Uabassoon,thanks to YOU & Your Friends for doing such a Wonderful Act of Kindness!!!!!

delidog
11-22-2004, 05:44 AM
bump

Uabassoon
11-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Yup they have stuck with a name, they have been calling hium Xal or Xally (their young neice named him).

LorraineO
11-22-2004, 12:21 PM
and how does one pronounce that???

delidog
11-22-2004, 09:46 PM
I would say...Zal or Zally!!???
Maybe????
At least HE will answer,Because He is Happy!!!

Cincy'sMom
11-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Glad to hear Xally, seems to have a home!! he desreves it!!

delidog
11-23-2004, 08:17 PM
Uabassoon,
Are there Any more Pics lying around in your camera????
We are going through "Xally" withdrawl!!!!

How did he do with the abcess in his mouth???
was it serious????

Hugs & Treats to Sweet Xally!!!!

delidog
11-25-2004, 06:20 AM
;)

Tonya
11-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Wow! Xally got 5 pages of response on his first PT thread! You know he's a keeper. You have to make sure that your friends send us more pictures. He is such an adorable dog!

delidog
11-27-2004, 04:15 AM
Yes,Xally is Adorable!!!!
I hope his New Owners join Pet Talk...So wwe can Visit often!!!!
Pics are a Great Thing!!!;)

delidog
11-27-2004, 09:01 PM
;)

delidog
11-29-2004, 10:55 PM
How is Everything Going????

delidog
11-30-2004, 09:37 PM
Still thinking of You and "Xally"!!!

delidog
12-02-2004, 08:57 PM