PDA

View Full Version : The Dumb Question Thread #2...

joanofark
11-12-2004, 12:32 PM
I was doing a search and Wolf_Q's thread came up I thought it would be fun!

So... this is how to do it~

This is a thread for questions......ANY topic. Just things you've never dared ask, or maybe questions that you didn't think were worthy of their own thread. Not necessarily dumb questions either!

:)

smokey the elder
11-12-2004, 02:47 PM
How do they calculate quarterback rating in football? The max is 158.3. Whereintheh*ll do they come up with that??:D

joanofark
12-09-2004, 03:56 PM
BUMPITY!

Why do dogs turn aroung three times before lying down???

dukedogsmom
12-09-2004, 04:12 PM
When you have lost something, why do people ask you where it was lost? If you knew that, it wouldn't be lost.

CamCamPup33
12-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Why are driveways called "DRIVEways" if you park on them?

RICHARD
12-09-2004, 04:28 PM
you have questions? I have answers!!:rolleyes:

Smokey,

Quarterback rating....

http://www.nfl.com/news/981202qbrate.html

get out your calculator!!!

------------------------

JOA,

This is what I heard about animals circling an area before they sleep........

It's an instinctual thing....to tamp down a bed of leaves or dirt so they can lie down.....

Or it's one of those neurotic habits.....
------------------------

DDM,

LOL, seriously........I always get that!

-------------------------

Why is it called Playboy, when only adults can buy it???

:confused:

joanofark
12-29-2004, 09:01 PM
I don't think many people saw this so...

Bump:p

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-29-2004, 09:02 PM
When you crack your knuckles (me :p) what actually *cracks*?

Palomino21
12-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Why do they call a parkway a parkway when you drive on it, why do they call a driveway a driveway when you park on it?

Why is lemon juice artificial and dishsoap is made with real lemon juice?

In the English language why are there so many words that sound the same even some spelled the same but mean totally different things like:

Read
Red

Peace
Piece

Effect
Affect

Perl
Pearl

Right
Write

And so on

flamepony12
12-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Palomino21

Why is lemon juice artificial and dishsoap is made with real lemon juice?

good one! :D

Mandy1
12-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Why does Grace have to die because of some careless driver who wouldn't slow down :(

Karen
12-29-2004, 09:21 PM
That one we cannot answer. Rest in peace, Gracie. Say hello to my Gracie at the Rainbow Bridge.

Cracking knuckles, courtesy of the Library of Congress website:

Your joints can make a variety of sounds: popping, cracking, grinding, and snapping. The joints that "crack" are the knuckles, knees, ankles, back, and neck. There are different reasons why these joints "sound off".

Escaping gases: Scientists explain that synovial fluid present in your joints acts as a lubricant. The fluid contains the gases oxygen, nitrogen, and carbon dioxide. When you pop or crack a joint, you stretch the joint capsule. Gas is rapidly released, which forms bubbles. In order to crack the same knuckle again, you have to wait until the gases return to the synovial fluid.

Movement of joints, tendons and ligaments: When a joint moves, the tendon’s position changes and moves slightly out of place. You may hear a snapping sound as the tendon returns to its original position. In addition, your ligaments may tighten as you move your joints. This commonly occurs in your knee or ankle, and can make a cracking sound.

Rough surfaces: Arthritic joints make sounds caused by the loss of smooth cartilage and the roughness of the joint surface.
http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/joint.html

I'll have to ponder my "dumb question"

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Haha... thanks so much Karen! I've always wondered WHY you couldn't crack it again soon after! :D :p Awesome. :D

joanofark
12-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
When you crack your knuckles (me :p) what actually *cracks*?

I have a qeustion for you, If you have been poping your knuckels all your life, are your knuckels big? Or do the hurt every once and a while?

Karen
12-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Okay - in women's clothing, why is it so verboten to call someone short?

The opposite of tall is short, right? No. In buying jeans, you can buy any given size - say 18, in "regular" "petite" or "tall." Well, petite means small in French, and if I'm a size 18 at 5' 6", I'm NOT small.

Logan
12-29-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by joanofark
I have a qeustion for you, If you have been poping your knuckels all your life, are your knuckels big? Or do the hurt every once and a while?

I actually talked with our doctor about this because my daughter was cracking her knuckles constantly and her back too, and it made me cringe and I didn't want her knuckles to be huge. He said it was just fine and would not affect her at all. Whew!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Ugh... I crack mine ALL THE TIME! It feels good to me most of the time, my mom hates it though. :D

joanofark
12-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Whew, I pop my wrists, Neck, back, knuckels, toes and ankels and sometimes I can't help it because it feels sooo good sometimes. I've always wondered if It would do anything.:)

swimma253
12-30-2004, 08:09 AM
How do they get the raspberry cream inside the chocolate without leaving a crease?? :p