PDA

View Full Version : Share your Thanksgiving greetings with the world!

Paul
11-12-2004, 08:52 AM
   Share your Thanksgiving greetings with the world!

We are considering starting a new tradition at PetoftheDay.com. We would like to make a collective set of holiday greeting web pages. For every one person who comes into Pet Talk hundreds just look at the main pages of Dog, Cat, and Pet of the Day. We would like invite everyone in Pet Talk and everyone who just visits the home pages to participate in this idea.

We know many people take holiday pictures of their pets (and/or homes and families) and some create unique artwork to make electronic greetings to send to people. Our idea is to collect your greetings into a series of web pages to share them with everyone who visits Pet of the Day.

I know there are only a few days before Thanksgiving. However, even in times of uncertainty, Thanksgiving is a wonderful tradition. We will test this idea with Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Send your Thanksgiving or Christmas greeting to [email protected].

Your greeting may have one or two parts.

1) A photo
      An photograph or your artwork. If you wish include a caption of who is in the photo. There will be one greeting per page with a maximum size of 450 pixels by 450 pixels. You may wish to include your real name or Pet Talk name or even omit both. You may wish to include a link to your website.

2) A Greeting (text)

For Thanksgiving, perhaps, why you are thankful.

Seven years ago Karen and I created Pet of the Day. It seems like it was just a few months ago. We are very thankful for all the warmth and support we have received from people from all around the world.

Thank you,

Paul

gini
11-12-2004, 11:57 AM
I think it is a fabulous idea!

I have always maintained that if you were to sit down and have a conversation with someone from anywhere in the world, that soon you would realize their life's goals and cares would be similar to your own.

This would give us the opportunity to reach out to the world and share what is important to us.

Karen
11-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Gini, nice point, I so agree.

Now I just have to get a certain bunny to cooperate with a Thanksgiving-themed photoshoot!

Fox-Gal
11-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Sounds like a great idea, but forgive me if I'm a little slow on things. :o Would it be something like what we do with our sig's but include a greeting of some sort on a separate area or in the picture it's self?

Yeah I know I'm slow to get things sometimes. I'll just use the blonde excuse today. :p lol ;)

Karen
11-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Yes, you could just use your signature image - good example, and in the email you could then add text to put under if if you have more to say!

swimma253
11-12-2004, 01:55 PM
what a great idea! :D Is it just for Thanksgiving though? :)

Karen
11-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Re-post and clarification:

We'll try this first for Thanksgiving.

If that goes well, we'll do it again at Christmastime.

Anyone else have any questions or thoughts on the matter?

Canadians, I know we "missed" your Thanksgiving with this, but the sentiment is still the same - atime of giving thanks - and you are invited to participate, as are people from around the world who have anything to be thankful for!

BitsyNaceyDog
11-12-2004, 08:50 PM
What a great idea. I'm excited!!! :)

kimlovescats
11-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Paul and Karen .... this is a BEAUTIFUL idea!:D

Karen
11-13-2004, 10:15 AM
Thanks - I'd like to take credit, but this one was really Paul's idea.

Amber
11-13-2004, 10:24 AM
great idea! :D - I love it!

GraciesMommy
11-15-2004, 06:04 AM
Got mine sent in this morning..wonderful Idea!

cookieluver7
11-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Good idea!:D

luckies4me
11-21-2004, 05:36 PM
When is the latest we can send them in? :confused:

Karen
11-21-2004, 05:46 PM
We will even update it Thanksgiving day, but we'd like to have them in before that. By Wednesday night would be best!

Cookiebaker
11-21-2004, 09:33 PM
I think this is a great idea, and I just emailed our submission in! I hope it is what you had in mind!

luckies4me
11-22-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Karen
We will even update it Thanksgiving day, but we'd like to have them in before that. By Wednesday night would be best!

OK, I'll start working on it right away! :D

heinz57_79
11-23-2004, 11:06 AM
I think it's a fabulous idea! Anyone out there want to help make me a Thanksgiving siggy? hehe :)

popcornbird
11-23-2004, 02:36 PM
That is such a neat idea! So will this be like an ecard type of thing? Do you think that if this works out, we can add non-holiday greetings too? Stuff like Get well, Happy birthday, Thinking of you, Congratulations on a new pet or whatever, etc.? I think its a great idea.

Karen
11-25-2004, 12:48 AM
Hi! The greeting pages are up now! (Click on any of the homepages ... or here (http://PetoftheDay.com/greetings/) )
We had a long power outage this evening, so are sorry this is a little late.

Popcornbird, it's not like an e-card thing, take a look at the pages, and you'll see what it is! And we're still accepting Thanksgiving greetings ... we'll update the pages this afternoon if people send more in.

We'll be doing Christmas greetings, and then we'll see what happens from there!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-25-2004, 05:55 AM
Yippie!! That looks very neat, Karen!! I am sorry that I have nothing ready for this Thanksgiving list; but I will participate in the X-mas list!! I just sent my entry :)

Karen
11-25-2004, 08:09 AM
Great! What does everyone think? Did you see them? hint hint ...
Thanksgiving Greetings (http://petoftheday.com/greetings)

lbaker
11-25-2004, 08:32 AM
When I went to the PetoftheDay home page this morning - as I do most every morning - I saw the link and lo and behold it's Miss Hoppy herself! Then next up were Simba and Nala! I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I clicked on each and every one and only one thought came to mind. Thank you Karen and Paul for opening a whole new world of love, friends and sharing. From the whole Glenrose Street crew (all 16 of us two and four leggers and recently a no legger - Gurl the snake).. :D

Freckles
11-25-2004, 12:16 PM
What a treat!:)
Thanks, Paul and Karen for this great way to celebrate Thanksgiving among friends.

In "Thanksgiving Greetings" there is a link to go to the "next" post only. When I go back to the thread, I need to click through ALL the posts to see any new additions.

On regular threads, there is a place to click to go to the last unread post. Wish there was a way to do that, especially when you set up "Christmas Greetings". I expect there will be many posts there.

Thanks again. :)

veegan
11-25-2004, 04:53 PM
I loved reading all the thanksgiving greetings! it was such a great idea! I havent been on PT for quite a few days so this was a big surprise to me. Certainly made my day- Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

critterlover
11-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Great idea!

Would like to be able to post comments to the greetings.

Wanted to tell Kathy K that theirs was the BEST picture of all!

We love and appreciate your site for what it does to lift our spirits and also to educate us aboutdifferent kinds of pets and different breeds of dogs & cats!

Thanks!

anna_66
11-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Great! What does everyone think? Did you see them? hint hint ...
Thanksgiving Greetings (http://petoftheday.com/greetings)
Ohhh yes I seen them and I loved them all! What a neat and wonderful idea you and Paul had:D

I will make sure I get mine in for Christmas!

guineapiggie13
11-27-2004, 04:10 PM
There's a Christmas one? If so, I'll get the piggies to pose! :D

kohala
11-29-2004, 09:15 PM
I also noticed the link the past few days when I went online, as you are my home page, too! Today I finally had a chance to check it out - how cool to see the greetings from old e-friends and new! And many I haven't met yet, too.
Since I am pet-less with Grasshopper gone, would it be OK to see if I can come up with one for Christmas from my family and our Spirit Cat :D ? We are in transition as we are in the middle of moving, which is why I haven't been my former chatty self, and which is why we are postponing a new adoption. It wouldn't be fair to all. So my spirit cat keeps me company (mourning has long since passed) and I kid you not, I see a little black shadow flit across rooms out of the corner of my eye sometimes!
I hope all had a Wonderful Thanksgiving!!!:cool:

lbaker
11-30-2004, 06:40 AM
Kohala, it's all about the "spirit" of Christmas isn't it? Of course you can post from and about your dear Grasshopper. :cool:

Karen
11-30-2004, 07:51 AM
That would absolutely be okay, Kohala! Bet Grasshopper-angel has black and white wings!

guineapiglover4life
12-08-2004, 04:40 PM
I didn't have a chance to get a Thanksgiving one done, unfortunatly, however, I did send a Christmas one! :D

GraciesMommy
12-15-2004, 09:45 PM
This was so well done! every one submitted great photos! Thanks to Karen and Paul for doing this. Can't wait for the Christmas pages!

sasha the cat
12-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Dear Karen and Paul,

My KatMa and I just looked at the Thanksgiving Greeting page. What a wonderful idea that was and having one for Christmas [or, mew, in my case Hanukkah] is wonderful.

My KatMa set our homepage to Cat of the Day the first day she found your site. We love the bios and photos of all the wonderful pets and check out the Dog & Pet of the Day pages too.

KatMa and I, Sasha the Queen Calico have met many wonderful people and pets here and we thank you for creating this lovely place where people and pets connect.

Mew, meeow my KatMa and Paw-Paw will post a Holiday Greeting to the wonderful extended family we have found at your website.

Thank you for bringing so much joy to the three of us -- and to untold numbers of others.

Sasha The Queen Calico and her purr~ents,
Susan and Murray AKA KatMa and Paw-Paw.