PDA

View Full Version : BRODIE & JOSIE *pics & updates*

christa
11-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Funny story: Brodie cried a lot more last night in the bathroom. His room (the bathroom) is right next to Josie's room (she stays shut in her room at night) . . . my hubby woke up because of these two . . . the baby was crying and Josie was doing her low moaning cry. I think Brodie kept Josie up all night! Just wait till they move in together though . . . he'll really drive her nuts! ;)

We took Brodie to the vet yesterday for his first set of shots & another de-wormer.

I'm glad to say that he has gained ONE OUNCE since Monday! He's now up to a whopping ONE POUND!

I wanted to give you all an idea about how big (or small) he is.

He's about the size of a beanie baby:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p8689e589785cfe868d937c1f7c93758d/f6497b9a.jpg

This is after we gave him a bath on Tuesday. I wanted to take more, but he was shaking and I hated to unwrap him any more.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/pa7d887163040c80553b5c910e4c0b6e6/f6497b9c.jpg

And here he is just looking comfy & cozy. He's so spoiled already, as you can see:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/pa85de8c6db0433bdf952217c3ed769f3/f6497ba0.jpg

Josie being herself, playing & being silly:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p41cbb1550d39e695eecf7b86de29d94f/f6497ba3.jpg

This one is especially for Eliot! She's striking a pose for you, buddy!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p54c17f464f440d670f9dd4bbc4d9f539/f6497b9e.jpg

;) I can't wait to get them together & take pics of them loving on each other! (wishful thinking?)

catmandu
11-12-2004, 08:16 AM
They say,all Great Things,come in small packages,and Brave Brodie,certainly fits the bill.

catmandu
11-12-2004, 08:22 AM
And seeing little Brodie growing up,before our eyes,will almost be like seeing My Dear Rb Mr Scrappy,again,they look so very much alike!

christa
11-12-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
And seeing little Brodie growing up,before our eyes,will almost be like seeing My Dear Rb Mr Scrappy,again,they look so very much alike!

I'm so glad that you can see your dear Mr. Scrappy in my Brodie. I will definitely be posting TONS of pics, I'm sure, of this little guy! I'm already so in love with him!!!

NKBurlington
11-12-2004, 08:49 AM
I'm in love with him too...he's so adorable and so tiny.

I can't wait for more pictures.

lizzielou742
11-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Aw!!! What a tiny little thing he is!!!! :eek: He's so adorable! I would be so in love with him. Oh wait, I already am!!! :D his little pink pawsies are SO CUTE!!! And Josie just looks STUNNING!! :D I can't wait to see them loving on each other either! It will happen!! ;) :D :D :D

Samantha Puppy
11-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Josie is lovely and Brodie is just adorable!

Great pics!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-12-2004, 09:58 AM
He is such a little baby doll. :D

Maybe by having him cry and Josie respond, by the time you get them together her "motherly instincts" will have kicked in and she'll want to take care of the little sweetie, which will hopefully make the introductions quite easy. :D

Barbara
11-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Aaaawww!!! I have that same Beanie Baby Pounce and I had no idea Brodie was soooooo tiny:)

I am sure Josie will react with a motherly instinct when she meets that baby boy:)

Josie is a beauty! So elegant- and she knows it:D

I wonder whether she noticed the advances of a certain cowboy who is my nephew;) in the other thread?

catnapper
11-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Will you stop treating that boy so harshly! Look at how absused and neglected he is! :D LOL... that is one spoiled kitty cat if ever I saw one.

Nice to se you too josie. I'm sure Elliot loves his picture of you.

catfamily
11-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Brodie is so precious!!And your Josie is so beautiful.:D :D

christa
11-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
I wonder whether she noticed the advances of a certain cowboy who is my nephew;) in the other thread?

Yes, Josie did see handsome Eddie! ;)

christa
11-12-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Maybe by having him cry and Josie respond, by the time you get them together her "motherly instincts" will have kicked in and she'll want to take care of the little sweetie, which will hopefully make the introductions quite easy. :D

I HOPE you're right!!! I called my mom this morning & she said the same thing!

That would be something . . . maybe Josie's interest in the new baby is out of concern!?!?

*praying & wishing*

sirrahbed
11-12-2004, 10:56 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/JOSIE.jpg

Dear Josie,
I am sending you headbumpies and I hope they make you feel better. I think you will start to like your new little brother, Brodie, very soon and that you will make a terrific big sister!! I was not too sure when Meowmie brought those two babies home but now I love them:D Your are still the TopCat and since you are the only girl - that makes you special anyway. You will always be special to me:D
Yours furrever,
Eliot

christa
11-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Awwww . . . that's too cute Debbie! Josie LOVES the pic of her & Eliot TOGETHER!!!

jazzcat
11-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Oh that picture of Eliot giving Josie a headbump is too sweet.:D

Christa, Brodie is so cute and tiny. OMG, I'd be afraid I would squash him in the bed. It's probably a good thing he's sleeping in the bathroom until he's a little bigger - or maybe a lot bigger, boy is he tiny!

I agree that Josie's motherly instincts may kick in. They have with Jazz and she grooms Rocky daily and last night for the first time she laid with Rumor and licked her for about 15 minutes. Jazz is such a good girl. She's also the one that plays and babysits the kittens so hopefully Josie will be all that for Brodie too. I can't wait!

christa
11-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
I agree that Josie's motherly instincts may kick in. They have with Jazz and she grooms Rocky daily and last night for the first time she laid with Rumor and licked her for about 15 minutes. Jazz is such a good girl. She's also the one that plays and babysits the kittens so hopefully Josie will be all that for Brodie too. I can't wait!

I'm hoping that her instincts do kick in!

She's never had kittens and she has never been around another cat . . . so does she have "natural" instincts? We've been worried that since she's never been around any other animals, she wouldn't know what to do with him.

Barbara
11-12-2004, 04:14 PM
I think most adult cats- whether they had kittens or not- will not hurt a baby but feel responsible for it. And Josie isn't very old either.

Vermontcat
11-12-2004, 06:26 PM
That first photo of Beanie Baby Brodie is too cute!:D
When do you plan to introduce Josie and Brodie?
I can't wait to see photos of them together.:)

kimlovescats
11-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Brodie is sooooooooooooooooooooo adorable!!!!! Awwww, that beanie really shows how itty bitty he is!!!! I'm seriously in love with that little guy now! :D

catcrazylady
11-13-2004, 07:32 AM
Christa I am MADLY IN LOVE!!! Brodie is the cutest little kitten!!! What a tiny and adorable baby!! He is so sweet and I doubt I could keep my hands or lips off of him for very long! Josie is precious as always. She is going to do wonderful with Brodie! She is still young and playful but old enough to want to take care of the little guy.
When are you going to introduce them? I can't wait for that!! Then they can share the same room at night and keep each other company and you can get some sleep.:D

christa
11-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Christa I am MADLY IN LOVE!!! Brodie is the cutest little kitten!!! What a tiny and adorable baby!! He is so sweet and I doubt I could keep my hands or lips off of him for very long! Josie is precious as always. She is going to do wonderful with Brodie! She is still young and playful but old enough to want to take care of the little guy.
When are you going to introduce them? I can't wait for that!! Then they can share the same room at night and keep each other company and you can get some sleep.:D

Thanks Lisa . . . I sure have a hard time keeping my hands off of him! We're going to do some slow intros this weekend. I'll keep everyone posted!