PDA

View Full Version : My big guy is mad at me :( :(

DogLover9501
11-11-2004, 10:10 PM
:( :(

I brought Tigger in my room and sat on my bed with him and I was rubbing his chin and tummy..etc and he started hissing and growling at me :eek: :(

What did I do :confused: :(

Jods
11-11-2004, 10:12 PM
brought* (sorry)...
Sorry to hear Tigger is acting strange maybe he's just having an off day. Was Emma around maybe he was acting a little jealous :( Sorry I really have no clue good luck though

DogLover9501
11-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Jods
brought* (sorry)...

:o Thanks! Im going to edit that LOL

Also Emma was in the room but he didn't see her :(

prechrswife
11-11-2004, 11:17 PM
He probably smelled Emma on you. Saphirah always does that when we have handled a strange cat. She was really bad about it when we first got Chloe and when we had 2 dumped kittens in our house for awhile. The only cat that I haven't seen her react that way with was Samson.

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-11-2004, 11:30 PM
Did you spend a little extra time with Emma today than usual? Maybe Tigger's just feeling a bit left out.

jazzzytina
11-12-2004, 06:22 AM
Tigger! You behave yourself now! Your meowmie loves you just as much as Emma and everyone here adores you. Don't you be getting all jealous and hissy and stuff! ;)

I love you, Tigger!

christa
11-12-2004, 07:27 AM
For the first 2 days that we had Brodie, Josie would hiss every time she'd sniff our hands. She's settled down now though . . . she hardly reacts at all to his smell.

We still haven't introduced them, so I have no idea how that will go. Maybe you should do more to swap smells between them. Get Tigger more used to Emma's smell and vica versa.

I've also learned that Tigger has got to make it clear that he's the king of the castle! Hissing is just his way of showing this.

catlover4ever
11-12-2004, 07:29 AM
I bet he smelled Emma. Give Tigger time and he will come around.

catmandu
11-12-2004, 08:57 AM
Tigger,was probably,a little over stimulated,or maybe,just being an unpredictable Cat!

sirrahbed
11-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Robyn, Dylan was pretty grumpy about the new babies, too. But then, he really does not like being handled too much anyway. Maybe Tigger is having a combination of both things?? I would not worry too much. Maybe just pet him gently when he comes to you and don't push yourself on him until he is ready for it - that is how Dylan wanted things, anyway.
Is Tigger grumpy about his belly anyway? I know Dylan sure is!!! It is only ok if he rolls over and invites a schmoozle - otherwise HANDS OFF:eek:

catfamily
11-12-2004, 02:09 PM
He may be fine but keep an eye on him..just in case he's not feeling well.