PDA

View Full Version : All I can say is UGHHHH!!! Too sad :-(

QueenScoopalot
11-11-2004, 07:43 PM
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story.jsp?&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20041105%2F2210886714.htm&photoid=20041009NYK401D

250 Cats Found in Feces-Infested Home

ST. CROIX FALLS, Wis. (AP) - The stench was enough to guide emergency workers to a house where a utility worker had responded to a report of a power outage and found a house full of cats. Police Chief Paul Lindholm described the smell as unbearable and said the cat feces in the building was several inches deep on the floor.

Firefighters Thursday night removed 250 cats from the house, half already dead and the rest so ill they had to be killed.

Lindholm said a Polk County circuit judge signed an order to euthanize the cats because they were diseased.

An 86-year-old woman lived in the home with her daughter and son-in-law, but they had not been located. Investigators said they may have been staying with relatives in the area.

trayi52
11-11-2004, 07:54 PM
That really is a sad story. Why would somebody do that? Surely they knew they were not helping the cats!

Willie:eek:

BCBlondie
11-11-2004, 08:03 PM
How sad... :(

leslie
11-13-2004, 01:12 AM
and yet another case where "the rest had to be put to sleep" because they were ill. No, to me, that is bull. They put them to sleep because they didn't want to pay the vet bill to have their uri's and worms and god knows what else treated... that is it in a nutshell. That is always how it goes for these cat collecters. No they don't realize they are doing anything wrong. In the contrary, they are in the belief that they are "saving" the cats! It may be a new DSM dx next time they re-do the diagnostic manual. It is a unique "behavior" in and by itself. However, it is being disputed as being typical obsessive compulsive disorder at this time- i.e., not a separate dx. We shall see!

moosmom
11-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Jan,

When in the hell is this crap gonna stop? When are people going to realize the difference between animal rescue and animal hoarding??? It makes me sick. And the ones who suffer are the animals. :(:(:(