PDA

View Full Version : This makes four or more!

chrangharris
11-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Here is the update on the little black stray kitty we found around our house: Bryan was feeling horribly guilty about her being outside so in she came. She has been locked up in the bathroom since Saturday. We wanted to make sure she was healthy before she started to interact with the other cats.
Today she went to the vet to get checked over and shots. She is between 8- 12 months old. The vet was checking her out and said she thought she was pregnant! I was a bit shocked and worried as to how we are going to deal with more babies! The Dr. suggested we could go on and get the kitty spayed but that would mean aborting her kittens. Bryan and I talked about it and knew we couldn't possibly do that. The vet had two other Dr's check her out. The other two Dr's don't think she is pregnant- just full of a lot of worms which is making her intestines feel bigger. She is on medicine to help with the worms. To be on the safe side, Bryan and I decided to wait a month before we get the new kitty spayed. By then we will know for sure if she is expecting or not.

We have named our new one Ebony. She did not like going to vet. We let her out for a bit this evening to meet the other cats. Right now she is back in the safety of her bathroom- it was a rough day for her! Here are some pictures of her and the other animals.

Ebony checking out a milk ring:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/pd0f10962b59a386925c17527eba4951d/f64a8ac1.jpg

Here is Patches telling Ebony what he thinks of the situation:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p94a6a747a8ad9dd572a444142b2ae3f1/f64a8ade.jpg

Here is Oreo checking out the bathroom that has been invaded and Ebony checking him out:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p859c31c8c239253c25fda818cca82e15/f64a8abe.jpg

Cinnamon is coming over to see what all the commotion is about:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/pcdd66f6f9e2d10651bf77333d8fa422d/f64a8ac2.jpg

Then I realized we didn't have any pictures of Cinnamon and Misha. And of course a thread isn't complete without a picture of Misha so here you go:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p172876b4266e53d682eb56387a9cd76e/f64a8abc.jpg

We weren't able to get Ezzie's reaction. She took one look at Ebony out of the room and went and hid in the living room. Ezzie is hoping if she ignores Ebony, Ebony will go away!

catnapper
11-11-2004, 07:32 PM
Welcome to the family Ebony! You are one pretty little lady... I hope you are not an expectant mom, though if you are, I'm sure your kittens will be adorable!

trayi52
11-11-2004, 07:48 PM
I think Ebony is so beautiful and that name really fits her.

The pictures of Misha is just adorable, I didn't realize Misha was 3 months old already! She has grown so much! What a pretty little girl she is. Don't they grow so fast, it just seems like a few days ago and you were showing pictures of her after just being born! Won't be long and she will be up running around all over the house!

Thanks for posting pictures of the kitties and the lovely picture of Misha!

Willie:)

shais_mom
11-11-2004, 11:58 PM
what a beautiful Kitty!
Yeaaah! For you!

Corinna
11-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Bryan is his mothers son ,kittens get him . What sweet thing. Ebony is very lucky to pick your door. Now we have 3 Ebonys here yours, mine and chris .

mina'smomma
11-12-2004, 07:44 AM
Oh I just love that one of Misha and Cinnamon. It's just soooo precious. Now how do the kitties handle the baby?

Just wondering because I may be expecting as well.

kimlovescats
11-12-2004, 07:49 AM
Welcome to the family, pretty Ebony! I read your other thread, Chris .... hopefully her tummy is just uncomfortable from the worms ... and they should start passing soon. ;)

chrangharris
11-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by mina'smomma
Oh I just love that one of Misha and Cinnamon. It's just soooo precious. Now how do the kitties handle the baby?

The kitties are great with the baby. They come up and smell her. Oreo loves her toys and her socks! I find Misha socks all over the house that Oreo has swiped! All of the animals have been very gentle with Misha!

Just wondering because I may be expecting as well.

catmandu
11-12-2004, 08:33 AM
Misha,of course is a doll.And bless you,for atking in Poor Ebony,there isnt a place,near you,that would be better,for that Poor Stray Momma Cat!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-12-2004, 08:37 AM
Ebony is gorgeous, and I love the name :) !!
Btw, Your baby Misha is sooooo lovely!! Congrats to you!!

mina'smomma
11-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Thanks Chris. I'm hoping that if I am Mina will be the same way when the baby gets here.

jazzcat
11-12-2004, 11:13 AM
Welcome Ebony. I hope it's just some worms that will soon be gone.

Misha is so cute. I love the picture of her and Cinnamon.

sirrahbed
11-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
Bryan is his mothers son ,kittens get him

heehee It isn't just Bryan:D Chris comes from an animal loving family too! The way they adopted little Oreo was when my Missy and Christine's mom, Carol were out shopping and a lady and her daughter had a huge rubbermaid container full of teensy baby kittens they were just going to abandon:( They took the baies over to Christine's house where they bathed them all and found them new homes. One of them stayed with Chris and that baby would be Oreo!!

Oh and guess who is getting a new kitten *IF* Ebony is expecting?:D

Mina's mommy! Let us know AS SOON AS YOU KNOW OK???:D :D
Might be another PT baby:D Kitties and babies go perfectly well together!!

mina'smomma
11-12-2004, 02:47 PM
[

Mina's mommy! Let us know AS SOON AS YOU KNOW OK???:D :D
Might be another PT baby:D Kitties and babies go perfectly well together!! [/B]

I will Deb. I won't find out for sure until Tuesday. I have a Dr's appt. Monday, but the tests won't be back until the next day. I'm really hoping I am because it would just be a wonderful addition to our family. Doc thinks I am, but wants to run tests just to be sure.

chrangharris
11-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Mina- Please keep us updated! Make sure you aren't changing the litter box!!!!

We decided that we would not make an issue of the animals and Misha until they gave us a reason to. We have always welcomed the animals up to Misha and I usually have a kitty on my lap when I'm nursing her. I think because we have been so accepting, they have been to. We also made sure they get a bit extra attention- especially when I first came home to help them with the transistion. I'm a bit more worried about it when Misha starts to be mobile. She is going to see the animals as toys and it will be teaching Misha how to be gentle with the animals.