PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Ohio...

moosmom
11-11-2004, 11:43 AM
The ride to the rest stop was peaceful, as I loaded Doogie up with catnip before we left. He slept the whole way.

He still has a long way to go, but I know that he's going to have a great life with Val and Duke.

I'll miss him. :(

Logan
11-11-2004, 11:45 AM
I know you have to be a bit sad, Donna, but Doogie is going to be ok with his new mom, Valerie, and Duke. Did everything go ok? Was Val excited? How did Duke handle it? SPILL THE BEANS, Donna!!!!! We're so happy that you are having luck finding homes for some of your babies. I hope it will reduce some of your stress.

Logan :)

trayi52
11-11-2004, 11:50 AM
I just don't think you could have found a better home than with Val and Duke! I know you are going to miss these guys, but I also know that you are happy that they are getting good homes.

Donna, you don't have a selfish bone in your body, I just think you are just the best!

Willie:)

jazzcat
11-11-2004, 11:52 AM
(((Donna))). I know you are going to miss him but he's going to a good home and you can see him here on PT.

I'm with Logan, spill the beans. How did things go with Duke and how excited was Val??

catlover4ever
11-11-2004, 12:18 PM
I have to agree with everyone else....I too don't think you could have found a better home for Doogie. Now spill the beans!!! ;)

shais_mom
11-11-2004, 12:22 PM
aaww {{hugs to Donna}}
I know it is hard but you have found a great home with Duke and Val!

moosmom
11-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Everything went well and quickly because it was windy and cold!! Val took a picture of me with Doogie before I put him in the carrier. I think he was a bit confused, but I smothered him with kisses, told him how much I loved him and told him wht a wonderful life he's going to have.

Duke barked a little, but I don't think if fazed Doogie in the least. I don't think Duke realized exactly what was going on. Val was VERY excited about Doogie.

She gave me this wonderful Christmas ornament of a cat with a santa hat on looking into a fish bowl. It reminded me of Doogie and made me cry all the way home. But, they were happy tears.

Now everytime I walk in the door, my apartment seems SO empty :(:(.

Have a wonderful life Doogie. Know that I love you!!!

Cinder & Smoke
11-11-2004, 03:32 PM
{{{HUGS}}} Donna!! ;)

Happie Trails & Tails, Doogie!! :D

Enjoy you new BIG Brudder!
(And don't Beat Him Up too badly when he gives you a :eek: Butt-*sniff* -
it's a Dawg Thing! :p

Where were the Wandering Tribe headed off to??
They haven't been *posting* much. :(

Hay Anna and Robin - can you fill us in on the Big Trip??

Corinna
11-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Donna I know it was very hard to give up Doogie but you know going to a very trusted PTer he will be on the site lots and hes going to have a very great life. You are one of the most selfless people I know. I hope you find the same good situations for the others that must be rehomed. {{{hugs and tears}}}}

ramanth
11-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Oh Donna... I can barely see thru my tears. I know you are going to miss Doogie, but of all the people, I'm so happy he went to a PT'er.

It won't be the same for you I know, but you'll get to hear about him and see pictures.

Everything will be okay.

*HUGS*

moosmom
11-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Kimmy,

I hope those are tears of joy, because I KNOW Doogie is in good hands. I talked to Val a little while ago and she said that Doogie has been as quiet as a mouse. I know he'll be happy. Afterall, what cat wouldn't be happy with a screened in porch all to himself in Florida???

ramanth
11-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Oh yes! :)

QueenScoopalot
11-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Glad to hear all went well Donna! Nothing beats knowing kitties will be PT kitties huh?

NoahsMommy
11-11-2004, 06:02 PM
I too, am glad it went well and you're both safe and sound.

Doogie has an excellent home and like the others have said, how neat that its another PTer. :)

Welcome home, Doogie. Both you're mommies and PT loves you!

Cincy'sMom
11-11-2004, 07:53 PM
What a bittersweet event...I'm sorry you had to find Doogie a new home, Donna. Havingmet Val though, I'm sure Doogie will have a wonderful new home! And you can get all the updates you want (and we can too!)

mina'smomma
11-12-2004, 08:00 AM
Sending big hugs to you Donna!!!!!! At least he has another wonderful home with someone who will love and care for him almost as much as you did. (no one can ever do as good of a job as you.)

catmandu
11-12-2004, 08:25 AM
My dear Mother,said that you cant keep them all,son,but make sure the ones,that you cant keep,end up well,the way,you did for Doogie,and we know,that he will be happy,in his New Furr Ever Home,with his canine Friend! Good Work,and we are proud of YOU.

dukedogsmom
11-13-2004, 10:17 AM
It's amazing how well Duke and Doogie are getting along! I'm at the library in TN. Knew everyone would be wanting an update. We leave for Florida tomorrow morning. I've gotten LOTS of pics and will post an update hopefully Monday. Doogie is so very laid back and Duke has been curious but not jealous or vicious as I feared. I can't wait for everyone to see the pics! I've got hundreds from Ohio and some dog videos that are really cute. Doogie is a big loverboy. He's a great purr machine. It took one night for him to adjust. We didn't get much sleep Thursday at all. I was so pooped. Doogie paced the room the whole time and jumped from bed to bed. Last night was much better. Donna, I know it was terribly hard to make this decision. I don't think I could do it myself. Doogie is going to have a great home and will be loved by me, Duke and his new grandma and grandpa.

kimlovescats
11-13-2004, 10:57 AM
(((HUGS))) Donna .... how nice it will be for you and all of us to see Doogie in his wonderful new PT home!!!;)

Logan
11-14-2004, 10:11 PM
I was looking for an update on Doogie, and here it is! Val, can't wait to see your pictures from your trip!!!!

If all goes well, I will see Anna this week while she is in SC. I have to call her tomorrow.

Logan

Kater
11-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Glad to hear Doogie is such a good little traveler! I'm also glad to hear that Duke is just curious about his new brother. Good sign! :)
Can't wait to see all the pictures! :D