PDA

View Full Version : Bottle babies update and question

catnapper
11-11-2004, 08:13 AM
The bottle babies have grown in just the last few days! They are so unbelievably tiny and sweet. They are walking around better than before, and one of them is even playing!!!! They all have successfully learned to use the litterbox (so long as its within a few feet of where they are - otherwise they forget it exisits :rolleyes: )

Quick question: there was something in the litterbox this morning that caused me some concern... I don't know if it was poo, pee, or vomit, but it looked like an egg (white surrounding yellow) in the box. Of course I don't know which kittten did it, or when. Is this something normal for kittens that young? They have a vet appointment tomorrow at 1:30.

catmandu
11-11-2004, 08:20 AM
I have never heard,of that ,in a litter box,it sounds like a discharge,to me,I hope,that your Vet,finds,that it is nothing serious!

catnapper
11-11-2004, 10:41 AM
I'm actually bit worried about the little tabby girl now. I figured she has to be the one who left the blob in the litterbox because she was crying something feirce and straining today. When she finally did poop, it was a yellow jelly-like substance. I gave her a "butt-bath" and dried her off, and now she's shivering for all its worth :(

Then another kitten is trying to nurse from his brother's butt... so now that kitten's butt is all swollen and fierce looking :( Anybody have any ideas to help me? I have an e-mail into the rescue to see what they say, but nobody's responded yet.

luckies4me
11-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
I'm actually bit worried about the little tabby girl now. I figured she has to be the one who left the blob in the litterbox because she was crying something feirce and straining today. When she finally did poop, it was a yellow jelly-like substance. I gave her a "butt-bath" and dried her off, and now she's shivering for all its worth :(

Then another kitten is trying to nurse from his brother's butt... so now that kitten's butt is all swollen and fierce looking :( Anybody have any ideas to help me? I have an e-mail into the rescue to see what they say, but nobody's responded yet.

This has happened to me once before with a litter of kittens. The Jelly like stuff you describe was due to a bacterial infection, though that may not be the case with your little girl. They just gave me some sulfatrim and they were good to go. I've also had kittens try to suckle eachothers private parts. Have you tried putting anything in with the kittens, such as a stuffed toy? That always seemed to help me, and when Ewok need something to kneed or suckled on he used that.

Samantha Puppy
11-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by catnapper

Then another kitten is trying to nurse from his brother's butt... so now that kitten's butt is all swollen and fierce looking :( Anybody have any ideas to help me? I have an e-mail into the rescue to see what they say, but nobody's responded yet. I'm sorry, I know this is horrible but I can't stop laughing at the image of a kitten trying to suck his brother's butt.

I don't know of anything to do but keep them separated for awhile... :confused: Sorry I can't be of more help...

jazzcat
11-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Oh poor kitty. I don't know anything to tell you but I sure hope the rescue gets back with you soon so the kitties can get some treatment.