PDA

View Full Version : Denta Green

Jamieejo85
11-10-2004, 08:31 PM
I bought Chico a denta green bone today and he loves it. I am glad he loves it because his breath smells soo good. I keep begging him for kisses because his breath smells so minty and fresh. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried these and if they like them as much as we do..
~Jamie:D

sammy101
11-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Ive never heard of Denta Green before.Is it similar to a regular Denta Bone??Ive fed my dogs Denta Bones before and they loved it:)

GraciesMommy
11-11-2004, 05:34 AM
I have..they are wannabe greenies..only MUCH cheaper but pretty close in scent and texture. Some thing is different tho because they go much faster than a greenie....gracie can do away with a denta green in half the time of a greenie. But they do have practically the same scent..its like a generic form.

pitc9
11-11-2004, 07:20 AM
I've never tried greenies or denta green bones, I've bought denta bones and things like that. I think I'll have to get a few greenies, and see how the pups like them. I'm lucky, neither of my pups have bad breath or bad teeth. But I'm sure they would enjoy them!!

Smilla
11-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Lefty LOVES Greenies, and they're a miracle-worker after he's found himself a nice piece of cat poop. :rolleyes: I wondered how Denta Green might differ from Greenies; thanks for the explanation, GraciesMommy. They do look a bit thinner than Greenies, judging from a picture, which might explain why they go more quickly.

I have found the cheapest Greenies at PetSmart. I buy the pack of 24 petite sizes for $14.99; if anyone knows of a better source, please let me know!

lv4dogs
11-11-2004, 10:18 AM
I use greenies & I LOVE them, so do the pets.

I'll have to look into the genaric form as I could certainly save money but I feed them to the ferrets & cat as well as the dogs, I would have to make sure they are safe for them as well first.

lovemyshiba
11-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by pitc9
I've never tried greenies or denta green bones, I've bought denta bones and things like that. I think I'll have to get a few greenies, and see how the pups like them. I'm lucky, neither of my pups have bad breath or bad teeth. But I'm sure they would enjoy them!!

I'm sure they would too!!!

I haven't tried the denta greens (well, my dogs haven't, that is), but they do love their greenies!!! So much so, that they can only have them during crate time:)

PJ's Mom
11-11-2004, 03:22 PM
I wish Peej would chew on Denta Bones. He's never chewed on them, or pig ears, or rawhide. He's not the type. :rolleyes: Bailey will chew on soemthing for a few minutes then get bored and move on to something else.

dogs_4_me
11-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Emma LOVES Denta Green's. Moco is a bigger fan of Denta Bones though:D

I usually by greenies though, they do last longer.

I agree, there breath smells great after;)

kimlovescats
11-11-2004, 09:42 PM
I've seen those greenies at my vets' office, but have never bought them. We always just buy the rawhide bones.... hmm, we'll have to give the greenies a try. My girls could definitely use a little freshening up of the breath! Especially Gretta!:eek: ;)

GraciesMommy
11-11-2004, 09:44 PM
Petsmart has greenies shaped like a little toothbrush for 99 cents..give those a try to see how they like...

GraciesMommy
11-11-2004, 09:45 PM
I should have added that is ONE greenie..for 99 cents..lol..but its a good size

Denyce
11-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Ok I bought a package of Greenies yesterday at Target. I bought the size it said for large dogs 50 - 100 pounds. But Sequoia immediatly grabbed it and put it lengthwise in her mouth!:eek: You could barely see it sticking out of the front of her mouth! She was running about the living room with it and I was afraid she was going to swallow the whole thing and choke! I kept taking it from her and putting it sideways but she would flip it around with her tongue so it was longways again! Silly dog!

Denyce

Smilla
11-12-2004, 11:03 AM
So she liked it? :)

Denyce
11-12-2004, 11:05 AM
*L* yea I suppose she did. I was just worried she would choke on it. I think I will go get her the bigger one.

Kayyuter
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
My dog loves greenies too, however; he developed an alergy to all grains except rice. As I tried desperately to try a substitute for his beloved grennies I noticed the Denta Greens are made with rice flour instead of wheat gluten. This may be why they are cheaper and last a shorter time (rice is cheaper than wheat and a flour is looser than a gluten) but Max loves them just the same. The only qualm I have is the lack in size variety. The small size is more than I would like to give my dog since I have to constantly watch is weight. Needless to say we are happy to at least have an alternative to his greenies. :D