PDA

View Full Version : a new pic of Lefty

Smilla
11-10-2004, 07:47 PM
...doing what he does best, lounging about and keeping warm in the sun on "his" chair. Hope you enjoy it! I was going to post a couple more, but it looks like I can only do one at a time. I'm going to have to get a website up so I can just link to them instead. :)

countrycowgirl
11-10-2004, 08:12 PM
oh what a great picture!!:D ...Lefty you are GORGOUS!!!!...thanks for sharing!:D

swimma253
11-10-2004, 08:27 PM
what a cutie! Thats an adorable picture! :D

Karen
11-10-2004, 08:41 PM
Nothin' like the strong afternoon sun on a November day. Hee hee - does that ear always "airplane?"

Lefty knows good dogs
Get the big chair, the warm sun
And all momma's love

Smilla
11-11-2004, 07:07 AM
Heehee, funny that you'd notice that, Karen--in fact, that ear does have a tendency to "airplane" (I'd never heard that expression!). We have many a picture with his ear cocked back just like that.

Smilla
11-11-2004, 07:07 AM
Hey, I just noticed the haiku--that's great! Thanks! :)

pitc9
11-11-2004, 07:17 AM
What a cute picture!!!
Life can't get any better than that!!!

cloverfdx
11-11-2004, 11:53 PM
What a gorgeous photo, Lefty's colouring is stunning. I was just thinking of Lefty the other day and was meaning to post and see how he was getting on with the training and behavourist? Please do share more photos ;).

chocolatepuppy
11-12-2004, 06:21 AM
Lefty you look comfy there in that chair! I wonder if you're a little spoiled? :D

kimlovescats
11-12-2004, 07:36 AM
That is a GORGEOUS picture!!! Lefty is so very handsome!;)

Smilla
11-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Thanks to all of you for your kind words about Lefty. Chocolatepuppy, you wondered whether he was spoiled? The answer is a resounding "yes!" (Actually, we do try to make him work for a lot of stuff, but he gets lots and lots of attention.)

Cloverfdx, we haven't met personally with the behaviorist again; however, we're going to be enrolling Lefty in obedience classes at his school, probably in December. However, I am happy to report that we had some work done in our kitchen, and Lefty acted much better than I expected! 3 days of handymen would probably stress out any dog, but he did pretty well! Also, a friend of mine accompanied us on one of our long walks, and he actually gave her a kiss--I couldn't believe it! I think it's just going to take time for him to realize he can relax and leave things to his people sometimes.

We've been taking him for walks in the woods lately. We go places where folks let their dogs off-leash (Lefty never lets us get out of his sight, so I'm not worried about him running off), and Lefty's been interacting in a friendly manner with the dogs he comes upon. He seems so happy when we take him to these places!

Thanks again for all of your replies. I'm really going to try to get that website up! :D

cloverfdx
11-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Thankyou so much for the update :D, wow what a good boy Lefty has been. Thats great you have him enrolled in an obedience class have fun, and that must be good fun getting out and meeting other dogs and people. It sounds as though everything is going realy well :D.