PDA

View Full Version : suggestions needed re: class project

Nomilynn
11-09-2004, 11:48 PM
In my veterinary assistant class we have to do a presentation on the reproductive cycles of a certain animal. I can't be a cat or dog or any variation of that species. My first choice is rabbit, because I'm interested in working with them when I'm out in the work field, but we are doing a number system and I may not get my first choice.

I need suggestions from people for an animal that has a unique characteristic about its reproductive cycle, or even a unique part to anatomy, etc. I want to work on something that is a bit different than a fairly common reproductive cycle.

I have to have my choices by tomorrow in class, so if anyone has any suggestions, please tell me what they are, and what interesting fact you know that makes them unique!

NoahsMommy
11-10-2004, 12:26 AM
Sounds interesting.

Does it have to be an animal that you'll eventually be working on? If not, what about a seahorse? I've always found it interesting that the male carries the fertilized eggs.

If you need an animal that you'll be eventually working on, what about a frog? The stages from tadpole on are kind of different in relation to mammals.

Now that I gave my suggestions, does it have to be a mammal?

Nomilynn
11-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Our class is so large that we aren't limited to mammals. So far I'm considering rabbit, pot bellied pig, llama... that's all I have interest in so far :)

Shelteez2
11-10-2004, 01:05 AM
How about an elephant and their 22 month gestation period?....

Or a marsupial, like a kangaroo?

emily_the_spoiled
11-10-2004, 12:26 PM
What about something like a whale (a mammal living in the ocean)

Nomilynn
11-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone :) I've got my top picks so hopefully I'll get what I want to work on! :)

BitsyNaceyDog
11-10-2004, 03:05 PM
I was thinking sugar glider, since they too are a marsupial or a snake. Snakes are interesting because some give live birth and others lay eggs.

Nomilynn
11-10-2004, 08:12 PM
I got rabbit - my first choice!! :) Thanks for the suggestions :)